The topics covered in the attached e-books are:
UNIT I - Introduction - Mainframe systems – Desktop Systems – Multiprocessor Systems – Distributed Systems – Clustered Systems – Real Time Systems – Handheld Systems - Hardware Protection - System Components – Operating System Services – System Calls – System Programs - Process Concept – Process Scheduling – Operations on Processes – Cooperating Processes – Inter-process Communication.
UNIT II - Threads – Overview – Threading issues - CPU Scheduling – Basic Concepts – Scheduling Criteria – Scheduling Algorithms – Multiple-Processor Scheduling – Real Time Scheduling - The Critical-Section Problem – Synchronization Hardware – Semaphores – Classic problems of Synchronization – Critical regions – Monitors.
UNIT III - System Model – Deadlock Characterization – Methods for handling Deadlocks -Deadlock Prevention – Deadlock avoidance – Deadlock detection – Recovery from Deadlocks - Storage Management – Swapping – Contiguous Memory allocation – Paging – Segmentation – Segmentation with Paging.
UNIT IV - Virtual Memory – Demand Paging – Process creation – Page Replacement – Allocation of frames – Thrashing - File Concept – Access Methods – Directory Structure – File System Mounting – File Sharing – Protection
UNIT V - File System Structure – File System Implementation – Directory Implementation – Allocation Methods – Free-space Management. Kernel I/O Subsystems - Disk Structure – Disk Scheduling – Disk Management – Swap-Space Management. Case Study: The Linux System, Windows
- SIGNAL AND SYSTEMS Ebooks, presentations and lecture notes covering full semester syllabus
- PRINCIPLES OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES E-book, presentation and lecture notes covering full semester syllabus
- EMBEDDED SYSTEMS Ebook, presentation and lecture notes covering full semester syllabus
- MOBILE COMPUTING E-book, presentation and lecture notes covering full semester syllabus
- REALTIME SYSTEMS Ebook, presentation and class notes covering full semester syllabus