Hi

I am Nisar From SRMCEM College of Engg. & Management , Lucknow

I would like to share ma experience of the placement drive of Wipro in my college.

I am lucky that i got selected in that company.

Let me tell you how Wipro Conducts Placement Drive .

hi, This is ur frend Nisar Here I wuld like 2 share my experience wid u all.

ANALYTICAL TEST(15 Questions)
Very very easy Questions normally frm BARRONS esp. very frequently used words, antonyoms etc................

APTITUDE TEST(15 Questions)
Questions frm R.S AGARWAL...............

TECHNICAL TEST(20 Questions)
mainly unix,c,c++ (pointers), 1 question frm networks................etc

Out of 1800, 360 students were selectd in which I was the lucky one................

Technical Round (major filterin round):: I must say dat uone shud b calm & confident, shud maintain eye 2 eye contact wid the interviwee.

Int: Come in & asks me 2 sit down

I:
(a smile & sits down)

Int
: ok, tell me abt ur final yr. project.

I:
explaind her.........fine wid the answer

Int:
asks me 2 do the codin of a module which I wud incorporate in my project in future

I:
tried 2 explain but she was not satisfied...............(thought wat wud happen next but was ready 4 the next shot)

Int:
some more questions in between...............generally checkin my technical skills.

I: was happy 2 answer them (these questions were about data structure, linkd list, their use in computers.............)

Int:
says thanku meeta.....................gave gud answers rather very gud answers.............& was busy somethin else. I thought this s the polite way of sayin NO 2 a person & was abut 2 get up.................but actually she was busy takin out H.R. FORM 4 me....................
I: was very happy.................& concluded sayin thanku 2 her..............

H.R ROUND:

Next day was my H.R round on 21st..............general questions were asked abt::

My experience till here?
Why wipro shud hire me?
questions regardin wat filled in H.R form?..............

Results were announced after 10 days................YES FRENDS I WAS ONE OF THEM.................there had been phases wen there was disappointment & also some sulky moments were aslo there..............BUT NEVER LOOSE HOPE................I cud never clear written round also until WIPRO but wen cleard, made it in one shot....

Now let me give you some information about Wipro:-

Wipro Limited (BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO, NYSE: WIT) is a global information technology (IT) services company headquartered in Bangalore, India. As of 2011, Wipro is the second largest IT services company by turnover in India and employs more than 120,000 people worldwide as of March 2011. Wipro provides outsourced research and development, infrastructure outsourcing, business process outsourcing (BPO) and business consulting services. The company operates in three segments: IT Services, IT Products, Consumer Care and Lighting. It is 9th most valuable brand in India according to an annual survey conducted by Brand Finance and The Economic Times in 2010.

Chairman: Azim Premji
CEO:
T. K. Kurien

Revenue:
$
6.841 Billion (2011)

Employees
:
120,000(2011)

History

The company was established in 1980 as a subsidiary of Wipro (Western India Products) Limited listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Wipro was initially set up as a vegetable oil manufacturer in 1945 in Amalner, Maharashtra, producing sunflower Vanaspati oil and soaps. At that time, the company was called Western India Vegetable Products Limited (later abbreviated down to Wipro). The company logo still contains a sunflower to reflect their original business.

Wipro BPO:-

Wipro BPO employs over 22,000, of whom 3,150 are at its Hyderabad campus. The planned new recruitments will be from among science and commerce graduates and under-graduates.

The majority of Wipro BPO’s business comes from the US, followed by Europe. The rest of the world contributes only marginally to its top line. The company posted a turnover of $290 million in FY08.

Founded in 2002, Wipro BPO has operations in Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Navi-Mumbai (Belapur) Greater Noida, Mysore and Kochi in India. It also has offices in Shanghai and Cebu in Asia and Curitiba in Brazil and Wroclaw in Poland. It has 44 clients in segments such as banking & capital markets, insurance, travel & hospitality, hi-tech manufacturing, telecom and healthcare.

Moreover, Share your Own Wipro Stories & Experiences and ask any query...