Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: Water Resource Engineering

Zip 32 Water Resource Engineering

Water Resource Engineering

Content:-

UNIT – I
    Hydrology : Hydrologic Cycle. Water Budget Equation, Hydrologic system,
    Precipitation : Types, measurements and analysis, error in estimation, missing data,
    consistency of rainfall records, Intensity during frequency (IDF) and probabilitic maximum
    Precipitation (PMP) curves.Evaporation and consumptive use: Process affecting factors, estimation and measurement
    techniques.Infiltration : Process affecting factors, measurement and estimation, Infiltration Indices.
    UNIT – II
    Surface Runoff: Components and factors affecting runoff, methods of estimation of
    runoff volume and peak runoff, rating curve, Rainfall – runoff relationships
    Hydrograph analysis: components, factors affecting hydrographs, base flow separation,
    Direct Runoff Hydrograph, Unit Hydrograph: Theory and assumptions. Derivation of
    Unit Hydrograph, Synthetic Unit Hydrograph Introduction to computer models for
    rainfall runoff analysis.Irrigation: Developments in India, Necessity and types Advantages & disadvantages of
    irrigation. Functions of water in plant growth, Methods of Irrigation, Water requirement
    of crops. Irrigation frequency, Irrigation efficiencies, Principal crops and crop season,
    crop rotation.Canal irrigation: Classes and alignment, Parts of a canal system, Commanded area,
    curves in channels, channel losses.
    UNIT – III
    Sediment Transportation: Suspended and Bed load and its estimation
    Irrigation channels: Types: lined and unlined, silt theories: Kennedy’s and Lacey’s
    Design procedure for irrigation channels, Longitudinal cross section, Schedule of areasections of an Irrigation channel, Computer programes for design of channelsLining of Irrigation Canals: Advantages and types, factors for selection of a particular
    type, design of lined channels, cross section of lined channels, Economics of canal lining.
    Water Logging: Definition, effects, causes and anti-water logging measures, Drainage of
    water logged land, Types of drains open and closed, spacing of closed drains.
    UNIT – IV
    Regulation and control of canal system: Purpose, Types of canal regulation works and
    their functional aspects.Irrigation Outlets: Requirements, types, non-modular, semi-module and rigid module,
    selection criterion .River Training: Objective and need, classification of rivers, and river training works,
    meandering, stages, methods of river training, bank protection, Methods for measurement
    of discharge.
    UNIT – V
    Ground Water Hydrology: Zones of underground water, Aquifers and their types,
    important terms, Determination of discharge through unconfined and confined aquifers
    with steady flow conditions, Interference among wells, determination of aquifer
    constants, Well loss and specific capacity, efficiency of a well, types of water wells,
    bored and open wells, specific yield of a well, Relative merits of well and canal
    irrigation, type of tube wells, well surrounding and well development, Suitable site
    selection for a tube well, Types of open wells, Methods of lifting water. Infiltrationgalleries.

Last edited by RITURAJ174; 29th September 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Re: Water Resource Engineering

thanx to u for havin such content

thank you for this post

where can i get ebook for water and waste water engineering.....................????/ can any 1 help me???????????????

where is the link to download
    ?????????????????????????????????????????

PLEASE CLICK ON "Download all unit notes" ( SEE ABOVE ) THEN CLICK ON DOWNLOAD IN GOOGLE DOC.

Rituraj Rastogi

thanks....

thanx for d notes....nice

thmkddsssssssssssss

where's the download link?????

i coudnt see the download link...

click here:-

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4J-...li=1&hl=en_US#

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

:click here

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4J-...li=1&hl=en_US#

Rituraj Rastogi

i can't download this book plz any one send this book my id naveendg123[MENTION=183148]gmail[/MENTION].com......

wheres the link..?so i can dowload the notes?