Gender: : Female
City : Chandigarh
Most civil engineering construction projects are completed to time and budget but few get publicity for it. More often building projects are reported as exceeding time or budget because a building has to cater for the diverse needs of the many users of the building which can be difficult to forecast or may change as construction proceeds. In civil engineering the principal hazards come from the need to deal with below ground conditions, make structures out of re-assembled soils or rocks, and to cater for the forces of impounded or flowing water. The construction of roads, railways, tunnels, bridges, pipelines, dams, harbours, canals and river training measures, flood and sea defences, must all be tailored to the conditions found on site as construction proceeds because it is not possible to foresee such conditions in every detail beforehand.
As a result the successful management of a civil engineering project depends upon use of an appropriate contract for construction; the judgements of the civil engineer in charge and his team of engineering advisers; the needto arrange for supervision of the work of construction as it proceeds, and on the competence of the contractor engaged to build the works and his engineers and tradesmen.
Here's a book on Civil Engineering Project Management in the attachment.
- Software Engineering Project Management (SEPM) pdf notes free download
- ASP.NET project for RTO(Regional Transport Office) management system/web portal full project pdf download
- Civil Engineering Drawing full project pdf download
- PU project management & engineering economics (pmee) previous year question paper download pdf
- Civil Engine Ring Project Management PDF Lecture Notes
Branch: : Aeronautical Engineering
This book does not have anything related to ies syllabus..