Branch: : Aeronautical Engineering
Three-Phase Induction Motors
The three-phase induction motor, also called an asynchronous motor, is the most commonly used type of motor in industrial applications. In particular, the squir-rel-cage design is the most widely used electric motor in industrial applications.
Principles of Operation
The electrical section of the three-phase induction motor consists of the fixed stator or frame, a three-phase winding supplied from the three-phase mainsand a turning rotor. There is no electrical connection between the stator and the rotor. The currents in the rotor are induced via the air
gap from the stator side. Stator and rotor are made of highly magnetizable core sheet providing low eddy current and hysteresis losses.
- Motor Basics - Lecture Classroom note pdf
- Application basics of operation of three-phase induction motors classroom lecture note pdf
- Field Orientated Control of 3-Phase AC-Motors eBook notes and classroom lecture
- AC Induction Motors Classroom Notes pdf download
- IP classification for 3-phase induction motors
Get Electrical engineerin ebook here : Electrical Engineering Apps