I appeared for ISRO-SAC interview. If your basics are strong you will get through the interview.
At NIT, Warangal ISRO dropped in for campus recruitment, panel members were from ISRO Trivandrum and ISRO Bangalore with some 20 years of experience in ISRO.
3 people on the whole were in the panel. 1 was an expert in microwaves another person in DSP, Digital Commn, VLSI, third person was chairman, I believe
They first made the usual formalities like document verification and the usual questions like Did you appear for GATE? How did u come 2 NIT, Trichy for PG (GATE / NON GATE)?? What was your rank in the entrance test conducted by NITT to get in for PG?
Then they asked abt my M.E project. Here at NITW, we have phase-1 project and phase-2 project at 3rd and 4th semester course.
So i told that I am working with IP over WDM networks. They asked me from WDM technology, to compare microwave and fiber optics, guided and unguided commn differences? WDM components, about IPv6.
2nd member asked me from microwaves. Some questions raised by him
- Eqvt ckt of transmission line and explain all the primary and secondary constants?
- losses associated with transmission line
- antenna gain, isotropic antenna?, antenna applns at different freq
- microwave sources - klystron, magnetron etc.
3rd member asked me from digital commn
- Sampling theorem, aliasing effects, digital modulation (compare BPSK and BFSK), what is FFSK?, line coding (compare Manchester and NRZ scheme), turbo codes??, trellis coded modulation??, advantage of cyclic codes
some questions from spread spectrum also - like how anti jamming is achieved??
Altogether only basic fundas here also. Confidence is the key and it's better to have a firm grasp on the subjects related to project.
Since the panel members were old people, questions from microwaves, antennas, trans lines are sure to come forth.
In fact questions from microwave engineering, antennas and transmission lines were asked for all people.
- Ten Tough Questions For An Interview-Interview Questions & Answers Pdf Download
- Ten Tough Questions For An Interview-Interview Questions & Answers
- The Best Answers to Tough Interview Questions - How to face interview tricks
- Accenture Interview Experience 2011 & Placement Questions
- The Best Answers to Tough Interview Questions How to face interview tricks