Top five Civil Engineering Schools in the World
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States
In response to the increasing industrialization of the United States, Massachusetts Institute of Technology was established in 1861. It adopted a European polytechnic university model. Its campus is spread over 168-acre which was opened in 1916. It is traditionally known for its research and education in engineering, the physical sciences and recently in biology, economics, linguistics, and management as well.
2. Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Delft University of Technology is also known as TU Delft, is the largest and oldest Dutch public technological university, situated in Delft, Netherlands. With total eight faculties and various research institutes,it hosts over 19,000 students. It also has about 3,300 scientists, and more than 2,200 administration and management staff.
3. National University of Singapore, Singapore
4. Imperial College London, United Kingdom
5. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom