electromagnetic crane project pdf /seminardownload
Abstract: This is a difficult project. This project would be appropriate at the grade 11 or 12 level.
The students are required to interface a stepping motor, a DC motor (using an H-Bridge),
an LED and an electromagnet.
The crane starts with the magnet up& above the first bowl.
When the program starts:
• LED at the top of the crane starts to flash (crane is moving, Watch out!)
• The crane drops the magnet into the bowl.
• The magnet turns on & collects the paperclips.
• The crane lifts the magnet and paperclips.
• The crane moves through the 90° rotation.
• The crane lowers the magnet and clips into the second bowl
• The magnet shuts off, releasing the paperclips
• The crane lifts the magnet back up
• The crane rotates back to the first bowl
• The LED turns off when the crane stops moving.