Abstract : The SSI (Small Scale Industries) today is immense for the growth of country. Small Scale Industries are the industries which are run with the help of hired labour and which also use some simple machine and power.
The investment scale in the industry varies from 5 lakhs to 4 crore for the fixed assets. Irrespective to number of workers engaged is called small-scale unit.
In India these types of industries are promoted to meet with the problems of excess population and unemployment so the government of India promotes entrepreneur to set up small scale industries by aiding him by giving loans, subsidiaries, land, guidance etc.
The strategy adopted by the government, is:
1. Public entrepreneurship should remain confirmed only to those industries and sectors where private enterprise, individual or corporate, is generally not attracted. Existing public entrepreneurship be improved through better management and by putting relatively greater emphasis on research and development. There is need to streamline the R&D wing of public sector enterprises.
2. All possible efforts are made very seriously (not carefully) for the development of an industrial culture. It should be realized that the central core of entrepreneurship is the motive force since by its very nature, entrepreneurship implies positive action and initiative, motivated individuals with the right kind of combination of abilities and attributes can pursue their goal with unremitting courage and enthusiasm.
3. There is need to develop management education and industrial training.
4. The development of backward regions and areas constitutes a new challenge, programs for their development be drawn up and should be effectively implemented.
5. Adequate measures are a must for mobilizing and fostering the entrepreneurial talent in the country. In the context, it should be realized that entrepreneurs are not the gift of a particular class.
6. Economic administration by the state should be improved and made more effective so that economic policies may fully achieve their objectives in the overall interest of the economy.
7. Financial institutions should provide adequate and timely credit and technical assistance, especially to the small and medium sized enterprises. They may also impart knowledge about the needs of the economy and they should file their massive data in terms of growth of new entrants or entrepreneurs in the field of industry.
Please find the following attachments"Small scale industry seminar report/pdf/ppt download" here.........Similar Threads: