Introduction : ADS is a fantastic system designed by MB to adjust the damping level of the shock absorbers to help stabilize the car during high speed driving, aggressive driving, or if the driver loses control of the vehicle.

The 1995 S600 W140 is equipped with ADS II. Several changes were made to the original ADS system to make it even better than it was.

I am still in the process of determining when ADS was introduced in Mercedes Benz cars. There are some sources on the internet that state Mercedes Benz ADS (Adaptive Damping System) premiered on the S600 in 1995.

For several reasons, I believe ADS came out sooner, because my vehicle has the ADS II system.

I will continue to research this, and post any updated info I find. is a fantastic system designed by MB to adjust the damping level of the shock absorbers to help stabilize the car during high speed driving, aggressive driving, or if the driver loses control of the vehicle.

The 1995 S600 W140 is equipped with ADS II. Several changes were made to the original ADS system to make it even better than it was. I am still in the process of determining when ADS was introduced in Mercedes Benz cars.

There are some sources on the internet that state Mercedes Benz ADS (Adaptive Damping System) premiered on the S600 in 1995. For several reasons, I believe ADS came out sooner, because my vehicle has the ADS II system .

Please find the following attachments"Understanding and Diagnosing the ADS Systems seminar report/pdf/ppt download" here.