What to do to prepare for AIEEEAIEEE is not difficult. However, its questions do have a need of being tackled with different tactics and perspectives.
Each question is different in its own way with an element of surprise in it. Candidates who know how and what to look for in a question are likely to score high in the test.
Most of the questions are basically designed to evaluate the conceptual clarity of the candidates and application of fundamental concepts, a candidate should be focused on mastering all the fundamentals well.
You need to attain minimum qualifying scores in subject. So, divide your time among the subjects more equitably.
Focus on solving the problems on your own, while preparing for the exam. Here is a step-by-step guide outlining the ideal process for solving a problem:
- Go through the concepts related to the problem once and see how they can be applied to the problem in hand.
- Try to relate the problem to real-life situations. It will help you to analyze it better.
- Consult the solution, only when you have exhausted your limits. See, what you had missed earlier.
- Practice similar problems.
- Devise your own shortcuts and ways to tackle particular kind of problems.
- In AIEEE, both speed and strike rate matter. You need to be quick and accurate to achieve high scores.
- Never use calculator while preparing for the AIEEE exam. Being adept in mental calculations can actually increase your speed to a great extent.
- Select your questions wisely. About 25% questions in the examinations paper are easy, 60% are average and 25% are difficult. Attempt easy questions first.
- The cut-off for AIEEE examination is generally around 60 to 70%. So, if you just solve easy and average questions correctly, you can easily get through.
- Once you have exhausted these questions, you may attempt difficult ones to make merit.
- If you indicate more than one answer for a particular question, it will be considered as an incorrect response and you will lose marks on it.
- Once you are done with the questions you know well, apply the method of intelligent guessing and elimination for questions you are not sure about.
- Since you only need to choose one of the four given options, your chances of choosing a correct answer is 25%.
- If you eliminate one incorrect answer, your chances improve to 33%. If you are able to strike out one more option, your chances of choosing the correct answer will be as high as 50%.
- Since you will be penalized for incorrect responses, do not resort to wild guesswork. It is better to leave the question you have no idea about, as you do not lose marks on questions you do not attempt.
Some SuggestionsWhat you need to prepare well!
- You must have a thorough knowledge of the syllabus. It will helps you in avoiding attention to unnecessary topics and getting bored from reading any particular topic.
- Thorough review of the question papers.
- A good support (teacher/coaching institute) .
- Once you are through with the above then comes the most important part. A sound strategy and planning whereby you are able to calculate the time to be devoted to each topic based on your ability.
- Last but not the least is your will power to stick to the strategy as religiously as possible.
- Thorough review of the previous year’s question papers
- This helps you to asses the level and type of questions being asked. Thus while going through the practice sessions you are aware of the standard of your preparation and the standard of the study material and other resource you are relying upon.
- Solving model papers and previous year question paper enhances in all possible ways your ability to judge the problem and working over it.
- A good support (teacher /coaching institute/study material
- A self made man earns more pride, praise and performance.
- If you have started well in advance for the preparation and have got your teachers at the school to render the needed help then probably you can avoid the burden of the coaching institute.
Following appropriate study material is also very important. Your study material (text books and the exercise books) should fulfill two parameters definitely
- They should cover the syllabus.
- The content should match the standard of examination. For this you can take help of the successful candidates or your teacher.
All the best............