Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NIT Warangal 2012 admission | cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussion

Favorite 32 NIT Warangal 2012 admission | cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussion

Hey Aspiring FaaDoOOOO's

I am a Senior of NIT Warangal, I am here to help you get all your queries for NIT Warangal 2012 admisssion.
    Let me start with a brief summary of the college.

Year of Establishment: 1959

Total campus area: 256 Acres

Ranking: Amongst top 15 Colleges in India, One of the top NIT's India.

Fee structure for various courses:

Admission fee Rs. 3000
    One-time student service fee Rs.5,000
    Refundable deposit Rs. 5,000
    Semester fees
    Academic Rs 25,000
    Other facilities & services Rs 5,000
    Total payable at the time of admission (for day scholar) Rs. 43,000

Additional fee for hostelers

Refundable security Rs5,000
    Hostel fee (Annual) Rs 10,000
    Hostel & Mess Establishment charges (Annual) Rs 8,000
    Mess Advance Rs. 2,500
    Total additional sum payable for hostel facilities Rs. 25,500

Branches & Intake:

Course No. of Students intake
    Civil Engineering 50
    Electrical and Electronics Engineering 60
    Mechanical Engineering 60
    Electronics and Communication Engineering 66
    Chemical Engineering 40
    Metallurgical and Materials Engineering 30
    Computer Science and Engineering 66
    BioTech Engineering 40

NIT Warangal Cut Off : All India cutoff - 25000 | Home State cutoff - 35000

NIT Warangal 2011 Placement Stats:

• No. of students placed: 95%
    • Average salary offered: Rs. 5.80 lakh per annum
    • Highest salary offered: Rs. 22 lakh per annum

Campus: National Institute of Technology Warangal is an institute which provides quality education in a diverse and multi-cultural environment . It imparts state of the art training to students to make them competent and inspired engineers. The Institute not only celebrates the power of knowledge, cultivates vision and encourages new ideas, but also inculcates human values and builds up an awareness about the self as well as the society around us.

Central library: The Central Library supports the teaching and research programmes of the Institute and provides facilities for general reading and disseminates information according to the requirement of the users. It is housed in a separate building with a plinth area of 4000 sq. mtrs. It has around 1,43,254 books, back volumes, technical pamphlets, standards, CD-ROMS, Video Cassettes etc. The total cost of the books is Rs. 5.65 crores and it receives 210 Jourals, 121 Indian and 89 Foreign at a cost of Rs. 5.64 lakhs. It also receives 2000 on-line Journals through INDEST set-up by MHRD, Govt. of India.

The services and operations in the Central Library are fully computerized. The database of entire Library acquisitions was created using LIBSYS software and it works under NT environment. The main server is Xeon Server-Dual CPU (DELL PE 2900).

Hostel:The Institute has excellent residential facilities for all the students admitted to the various courses. There are sixteen hostel blocks (halls of residence) for men and two for women.

Hostel administration is managed by a Chief Warden and a team of Wardens drawn from the faculty and appointed by the Director on a tenure basis. Hostel Advisory Council headed by the Director is responsible for major policy decisions with respect to the hostel administration. Hostel Executive Committee takes decisions on routine matters. Students have representation on both the administrative bodies. Hostel office has full-fledged supporting staff and other workers.

Address:
    National Institute of Technology,
    Warangal - 506004,
    A.P, INDIA
    Grams: NITWGL
    Phone: +91-870-2459191
    FAX : +91-870-2459547

Now its time for your queries

Last edited by faadoo.nitika; 30th April 2012 at 01:03 PM.

Re: NIT Warangal 2012 admission | cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussi

I will be writing my AIEEE exam this May, and aspire to join the prestigious NITW.
    Ma'am, could you please tell what RANK & MARKS do I need to score to get either CSE/ECE/EEE in NITW?

Thank you so much for the information that you've provided about NITW!

Awaiting your reply,
    Naina.

Re: NIT Warangal 2012 admission | cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussi

Quote Originally Posted by NainaRai View Post
    I will be writing my AIEEE exam this May, and aspire to join the prestigious NITW.
    Ma'am, could you please tell what RANK & MARKS do I need to score to get either CSE/ECE/EEE in NITW?

Thank you so much for the information that you've provided about NITW!

Awaiting your reply,
    Naina.
    Wat is ur category?

Hi..i have appeared for aieee 2012 . i am from delhi general category and getting around 172 marks..can i get any branch at NITW ?

Iam Interested In Joining NITW. Iam scoring something about 230 in AIEEE 2012.Iam from Gujarat and Iam In General Category. Can I Get CS or MECH.?
    Last edited by matham.kamalkaran; 30th April 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tejaswalia View Post
    Hi..i have appeared for aieee 2012 . i am from delhi general category and getting around 172 marks..can i get any branch at NITW ?
    According to last year stats you may get a seat by 7th in chemical or metallurgical engineering

Which branch are you interested in by the way

[QUOTE=matham.kamalkaran;17461]Iam Interested In Joining NITW. Iam scoring something about 230 in AIEEE 2012.Iam from Gujarat and Iam In General Category. Can I Get CS or MECH.?[/QUOTE}
    You can get Mechanical by the 4th or 5th round
    however for cs i have a doubt

Will I get Mechanical for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by matham.kamalkaran View Post
    Will I get Mechanical for sure?
    See I believe that u should get that by the 5 th Round however i would suggest that u can try for some other nit's in the earlier rounds

Quote Originally Posted by smitha.nitw View Post
    According to last year stats you may get a seat by 7th in chemical or metallurgical engineering

Which branch are you interested in by the way
    by 7th u mean 7th round of counseling? i am more interested in mech. and civil.. is there any other NIT which can offer me this branch?

hi,
    you can get NIT Trichy in civil branch........................

I m rishab and my cat is obc

I am getting around 270 marks in aieee 2012.
    I am from Delhi.
    Do I have any chances of getting CS or ECE at NITW?
    If not, please suggest any other NIT where I can get CS or ECE.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey_123 View Post
    I am getting around 270 marks in aieee 2012.
    I am from Delhi.
    Do I have any chances of getting CS or ECE at NITW?
    If not, please suggest any other NIT where I can get CS or ECE.
    See in the first round its a bit difficult however you can get any of them by the second or third round
    Which other NIT are you interested in btw?

I am getting 210 marks {obc} in aieee 2012 ................can I get mechanical ..and if not which branches can I get...........

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast