Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NIT Surathkal 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches - Discussion

Favorite 32 NIT Surathkal 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches - Discussion

Hey Aspiring FaaDoOOOO's. I am a Alumni of College of NIT Surathkal, I am here to help you get all your queries sorted out for NIT Surathkal 2012 admission.

Let me start with a brief summary of the college.

Established year : 1960
    Campus in acres : 250 Acres
    Mode of admission: AIEEE , NIMCET
    Ranking : The College is ranked amongst top 25 colleges in India.

Branches

• Civil Engineering
    • Mining Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
    • Electronics and Communication Engineering
    • Chemical Engineering
    • Information Technology
    • Electrical and Electronics Engineering

NIT Suratkal Fee Structure

Tution Fee : Rs. 17500
    Other Fees : Rs. 3000
    Students Activity Council : Rs. 975
    Security Deposit : Rs. 4000
    Group Insurance Coverage : Rs. 350
    Alumni Association : Rs. 1000

NIT Suratkal Placement

Branch Total Students Eligible Placed % Placed
    Civil 69(*16) 53 46 87
    Chemical 34(*6) 28 16 68
    Computer Science and Engineering 70(*6) 64 64 100
    Electronics and Communication Engineering 69(*5) 64 64 100
    Electrical and Electronics Engineering 67(*7) 60 60 100
    Information Technology 66(*7) 59 57 97
    Mechanical Engineering 104(*11) 93 93 100
    Metallurgy 26(*3) 23 23 100
    Mining 23 23 23 100
    Total Btech 528(*61) 467 449 96

* Not eligible (< 6.0 CGPA)

Campus : National Institute of Technology, Surathkal is one of the best engineering colleges in India. The college was established in 1960 as a joint venture between Government of India and Government of Karnataka. The college was earlier known as Karnataka Regional Engineering College. In 2002, the college was accorded the status of Deemed University and was renamed as National Institute of Technology Surathkal.

Hostel : The National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal is a residential Engineering college. It provides hostel facilities to all the students of the college. Separate Hostel Blocks are provided for girl students. The NITK has eleven hostel blocks in all. There are six hostel blocks for the under-graduate boys, two for post-graduates and three for girls. There are a total of one thousand four hundred (1400) U.G. students, three hundred and ten (310) P.G. students and nearly two hundred girls staying in the various hostel blocks of NITK hostels.

The campus network backbone reaches all hostels and the Institute is giving network connections to all hostels in phases.
    To support the varying tastes of the students who come from all over the country, seven messes of different types are provided in the hostel blocks with the necessary infrastructure of men and materials. The different types of messes provided are the Mysore Mess for South Indian style, Bombay Mess for North Indians and the Non-Vegetarian Mess. The Hostel provide for full participation of students in the management of the mess, as its beneficiaries. The mess expenditure is shared on dividing basis. All hostel blocks have been provided with external telephone facilities. There are two (one for incoming calls and the other for outgoing calls called using the India Telephone card) external phones and an internal phone for each block. Each block is provided with a color TV with cable connection. The ladies hostel block in addition to the above facilities are provided with washing machine and a computer center with ten computers connected to the internet through the campus wide optical fiber network.This facility will soon be extended to the boys hostels as well.

With a view to provide Medical Relief to the hostelers , a medical welfare scheme is set up and medical relief to the extent of Rs 3000/- per student per year is provided in case of hospitalization of any hosteler in Surathkal or at Mangalore hospitals.

Address

National Institute of Technology Karnataka , Surathkal Srinivasnagar PO, Surathkal, Mangalore 575025 , India

Now its time for your queries !!!

Re: NIT Surathkal 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches - Discus

i want information technology at nit suratkal, any chance in d last rounds, my aieee score is 210 (2 years back d cut off rank was 14k)

Re: NIT Surathkal 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches - Discus

Hello maam
    I am getting 192 marks in AIEEE 2012, I belong to General Catagory and hail from rajasthan.. do i have any chances to get into NITS? Also, do I have an advantage if I have a good score in SAT subject tests?

Quote Originally Posted by Onk24 View Post
    i want information technology at nit suratkal, any chance in d last rounds, my aieee score is 210 (2 years back d cut off rank was 14k)
    Wat is ur category?

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yashtambi View Post
    Hello maam
    I am getting 192 marks in AIEEE 2012, I belong to General Catagory and hail from rajasthan.. do i have any chances to get into NITS? Also, do I have an advantage if I have a good score in SAT subject tests?
    which branches are u looking for?

I am looking for Mechanical engineering, or Information Technology.. are there any serious chance?

Ma'm i am scoring 167 marks in AIEEE-2012 belonging to OBC category from Patna (Bihar).Can i get CS/ECE/EEE.? Do i have any chance of getting it in here..? If not, then please reccomend me other NIT's for these branches.
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by supriya.nits View Post
    wat is ur category?

---------- post added at 03:01 pm ---------- previous post was at 02:58 pm ----------

which branches are u looking for?

general category!

Quote Originally Posted by yashtambi View Post
    I am looking for Mechanical engineering, or Information Technology.. are there any serious chance?
    See as per last year's cutoff there is a very less chance that u get the admission before 6 th or 7 th round any ways all the best

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I believe that there are very less chances of u getting NIT S this time before the 7 th Round

i want information tech. or mechanical eng. . My score in AIEEE 2012 is 85. My category is ST . Will i have any chances???

hey there ...i was wondering wat rank i would get with a score of 240. i am a general merit candidate and my home state is karnataka. can i get EEE in surathkal?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Alpha View Post
    hey there ...i was wondering wat rank i would get with a score of 240. i am a general merit candidate and my home state is karnataka. can i get EEE in surathkal?
    Your rank would be in the range of 1000 - 3000 , I believe at this rank you can get chemical, mechanical, it , civil and any branch except cs or ece
    if you have any further doubt about ranks please refer http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...for-AIEEE-2012

My score is 230-240 and Iam general from GUJARAT.
    Which branches can I get at NIT Surathkal?

Quote Originally Posted by matham.kamalkaran View Post
    My score is 230-240 and Iam general from GUJARAT.
    Which branches can I get at NIT Surathkal?
    @matham.kamalkaran you can any branch like it, civil, mechanical, ect except cs,ec,eee in the first round

Till Which round can I get CSE?

Quote Originally Posted by matham.kamalkaran View Post
    Till Which round can I get CSE?
    @matham.kamalkaran you can get CSE by the 2nd or 3rd Round...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast