Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NIT Jamshedpur 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, branches Discussion

Favorite 32 NIT Jamshedpur 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, branches Discussion

Hey Aspiring FaaDoOOOO's

I am a Senior of College of NIT Jamshedpur , I am here to help you get all your queries sorted out for NIT Jamshedpur 2012 admission.

Let me start with a brief summary of the college.

Established year : 1960

Campus in acres : 350 Acres

Mode of Admission: AIEEE & State Entrance Exam for UG courses, GATE for MTech

Ranking : The College is Ranked amongst top 50 colleges in India.

Branches

• Chemistry
    • Civil Engineering
    • Computer Applications
    • Computer Science and Engineering
    • Electrical and Electronics Engineering
    • Electronics and Communication Engineering
    • Maths and Humanities
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Metallurgical and Material Engineering
    • Physics
    • Production Engineering and Management

NIT Jamshedpur Cutoff : All India Rank : 19137 | Home State Rank : 30605

Fees Structure

Admission fee Rs. 3,000
    One-time student service fee Rs. 5,000
    Refundable deposit Rs. 5,000
    Semester fees
    Academic Rs. 25,000
    Other facilities & services Rs. 5,000
    Total payable at the time of admission (for day scholar) Rs. 43,000

ADDITIONAL FEE FOR HOSTELERS

Refundable security Rs. 5,000
    Hostel fee (Annual) Rs. 10,000
    Hostel & Mess Establishment charges (Annual) Rs. 8,000
    Mess Advance Rs. 2,500
    Total additional sum payable for hostel facilities Rs. 25,500

NIT Jamshedpur 2012 Placement Stats :

Highest Salary Offered : 8.80 lac Per Annum.
    Average Salary Offered : 5.05 lac Per Annum.
    Lowest Salary Offered : 3.25 lac Per Annum.
    Company Offered Highest Salary : IOCL.
    Company Offered Lowest Salary : TCE.

Campus Facilities

Central library :This Library came into existence as an important component of and along with the Non Plan Establishment of the institute in 1960. It continued to provide the following categories of services to its users : students, Teachers, Researchers and other staff members.
    • Routine transaction (lending and retrieval) of books
    • Providing Reference materials
    • Petrographic services
    • Reading room services

Hostel:There are 11 hostels (nine for boys and two for girls). They have Wi-Fi and LAN connections. Each hostel has a mess and common room, where residents can watch television (DTH service either of Dish TV or Tata Sky) or read.

Address
    NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMSHEDPUR Adityapur Industrial Area, P.O. RIT, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand – 831014

Now its time for your queries!!!

Last edited by faadoo.nitika; 20th June 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Re: NIT Jamshedpur 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, branches Discussion

I am scoring 158 marks in AIEEE-2012. I am from Patna, Bihar and comes under OBC category. Can i get CS\ECE\EEE in NIT,Jamshedpur ??
    Thank you.

Re: NIT Jamshedpur 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, branches Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 2coolbob View Post
    I am scoring 158 marks in AIEEE-2012. I am from Patna, Bihar and comes under OBC category. Can i get CS\ECE\EEE in NIT,Jamshedpur ??
    Thank you.
    [MENTION=94957]2coolbob[/MENTION] the cutoff of NIT Jamshedpur is slightly higher than ur expected ranking so i believe that u should try for some other good college

hi i am getting 135 marks in aieee 2012 in gen category.....can i get in nit....??

if yes then which all nits...
    i want civil branch.....

I am scoring about 194 in AIEEE 2012
    which NITs or IIITs can I get ?
    can I get CE or IT in any of them

with 184 marks in aieee 2012 (gen. cat.) , am i eligible for admission to nit jamshedpur? mech. or ee . my hs is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarun Kaushik View Post
    with 184 marks in aieee 2012 (gen. cat.) , am i eligible for admission to nit jamshedpur? mech. or ee . my hs is up.

@Traun Kaushik you can get ee by the last round so all the best

is there any risk in waiting till the last round?

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

can i get chemical?

is there any risk in waiting till the last round?

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

can i get chemical?
    There is no chemical Engineering branch in NIT Jamshedpur

Quote Originally Posted by nishtha20 View Post
    @nistha20 you can get CS or IT in NIT Jamshedpur by the 4th round

Hi,

I have an AIR of 27000 in gen and a state rank of 991 (Jharkhand) in AIEEE 2012. Can I get any branch in NIT jsr or BIT Mesra?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain_01 View Post
    Hi,

I have an AIR of 27000 in gen and a state rank of 991 (Jharkhand) in AIEEE 2012. Can I get any branch in NIT jsr or BIT Mesra?
    [MENTION=72707]Cain_01[/MENTION] you cannot get NIT Jamshedpur through the central counseling, however you should try for the counseling.

as far as BIT Mesra is concerned you can get Bio technology but only by the 5 th round

air-19676 and 185 marks(hs-up, cat. gen)
    am i eligible for nit-j or any other nit?

air-19676 and 185 marks(hs-up, cat. gen)
    am i eligible for nit-j or any other nit?
    [MENTION=98901]Tarun Kaushik[/MENTION] I believe you can get some lower branch like Metallurgy and Material but only in the later round of counseling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast