Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NIT Durgapur 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussion

Favorite 32 NIT Durgapur 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussion

Hey Budding FaaDoOOOO's

I am a Senior of NIT Durgapur , I am here to help you get all your queries sorted out for NIT Durgapur 2012 admisssion.

Let me start with some first give you a brief summary of the college.

Established year : 1959

Campus in acres : 187 Acres

Mode of Admission: AIEEE

NIT Dgp Ranking : The College is Ranked amongst top 50 colleges in India.

NIT Dgp Branches & Intakes :
    • Biotechnology
    • Chemical Engineering
    • Chemistry
    • Civil Engineering
    • Computer Application
    • computer Centre
    • Computer Science & Engg
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Electronics & Communication Engg
    • Geology
    • Humanities
    • Information Technology
    • Management Studies
    • Mathematics
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Metallurgical & Materials Engg
    • Physics

Fees Structure

Sl No Semester Tuition and other compulsory fees of the Institute
    1 1st Sem Rs. 31,017
    2 2nd, 4th & 6th Sem Rs. 24,100
    3 3rd, 5th & 7th Sem Rs. 24,817
    4 8th Sem Rs. 24,300

NIT Durgapur Cutoff : All India Rank : 35005 | Home State Rank : 50271

NIT Durgapur 2012 Placements

BRANCH
    BIO-TECH CHEMICAL CE EE ME META ECE CSE IT
    CLASS SIZE
    39 39 35 60 92 46 66 60 56
    TOTAL RECRUITERS PARTICIPATED 8 24 24 39 49 17 25 19 18
    TOTAL NO. OF OFFERS MADE 37 52 44 98 146 65 84 75 63
    AVERAGE SALARY 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5
    LOWEST SALARY 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
    HIGHEST SALARY 5.5 6.5 6.5 6.5 6.5 4.5 5.5 13.5 8.5
    COMPANY OFFERING HIGHEST DOMESTIC OFFER ON-MOBILE IOCL IOCL IOCL IOCL VEDANTA ON-MOBILE AMAZON MICROSOFT

Campus: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur is a residential Institute. There are seven hostels for boys and two hostels for girls to accommodate the admitted students. A canteen for the students and the staff is located near the main academic building and there is a second canteen at the rear exit of the main academic building of the Institute.The most of the teachers and the staff members reside in the residential quarters provided by the Institute. A modern Guest House beside the Director’s Bungalow extends hospitality to the guests of the Institute. In the middle of the residential area there is a Shopping Complex which meets the daily requirement of the residents.A model co-educational higher secondary school has been set up for the wards of the employees of the Institute. Also there is a branch of State Bank of India, a branch of Canada Bank and a Post-Office within the Institute Campus.

Central library: The Library as one of the important central facilities of the Institute supports the study, teaching, research and development programmes of the Institute. It is housed in a separate building having three floors on a plinth area of 1000sq. mtrs. The library has a collection of 1.2 lac volumes which includes Text Books, Reference Books & Bound vols. of Journals, Standards etc. The Library subscribes to about 180 current Journals. Library operations have been automated with the help of an integrated library software package, LIBSYS-4. The book database is accessible through OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). Circulation Services are executed through Barcode System. It has a good collection of Electronic resources in its Digital Library. It is an open access library and remains open from 8:30a.m. to 10:30 p.m. on weekdays and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Library has introduced wi-fi Internet facility inside it to facilitate free-flow of information to the users.

Hostel: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur is a residential Institute. There are seven hostels for boys and two hostels for girls to accommodate the admitted students. A canteen for the students and the staff is located near the main academic building and there is a second canteen at the rear exit of the main academic building of the Institute.
    The most of the teachers and the staff members reside in the residential quarters provided by the Institute. A modern Guest House beside the Director’s Bungalow extends hospitality to the guests of the Institute. In the middle of the residential area there is a Shopping Complex which meets the daily requirement of the residents.

Address
    :
    National Institute of Technology Durgapur
    West Bengal India PIN 713209

Now its time for your queries

Re: NIT Durgapur 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussi

hi guys.......
    can any1 plz suggest me clg 4 m.tech.........
    I got 420 gate score with 93 percentile.........
    M waiting for reply............
    can i get any NIT???????????

Re: NIT Durgapur 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussi

I am scoring 158 marks in AIEEE-2012. I am from Patna, Bihar and comes under OBC category. Can i get CS\ECE\EEE in NIT,Durgapur??
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2coolbob View Post
    I am scoring 158 marks in AIEEE-2012. I am from Patna, Bihar and comes under OBC category. Can i get CS\ECE\EEE in NIT,Durgapur??
    Thank you.
    Yeh [MENTION=94957]2coolbob[/MENTION] not these branches however you can get IT by the 7th round of counseling

i am a general candidate from UP and am getting a total of 185 in eee 2012 can i get any stream till end of seventh councelling??
    plzzzz reply its urgent..............

Quote Originally Posted by devarpan View Post
    i am a general candidate from UP and am getting a total of 185 in eee 2012 can i get any stream till end of seventh councelling??
    plzzzz reply its urgent..............
    [MENTION=97877]devarpan[/MENTION] you can definitely get some of the branches by the 5th round

Quote Originally Posted by swati.nitd View Post
    @devarpan you can definitely get some of the branches by the 5th round

wat all branches can i get by then???

I am expecting a rank 38000-40000(AIR)..what streams can i get in NIT DGP and by what round..?
    I want to join CHE..will be able to get in during spot rounds or in general rounds..?

Quote Originally Posted by Harshit Upadhyay View Post
    I am expecting a rank 38000-40000(AIR)..what streams can i get in NIT DGP and by what round..?
    I want to join CHE..will be able to get in during spot rounds or in general rounds..?
    [MENTION=102288]Harshit Upadhyay[/MENTION] the last years cut off was 35005 so it seems a bit difficult in your case that u get any seat in NIT Durgapur this year any ways all the best

pls tell me what is the value of home state rank??nd can a general candidate getting 35000-40000 get admission in nit dgp based on state rank??pls suggest..

Quote Originally Posted by rim123 View Post
    pls tell me what is the value of home state rank??nd can a general candidate getting 35000-40000 get admission in nit dgp based on state rank??pls suggest..
    [MENTION=103916]rim123[/MENTION] as per last years cutoff at 35000 a bit difficult that you can get any branch till the fifth round

however based on All India Rank you can try for

Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi Carpet & Textile Technology 36829
    Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwa Vidhyalaya, Bilaspur(C.G) Chemical Engineering Technology 36042
    Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwa Vidhyalaya, Bilaspur(C.G) Industrial and Production Engineering 37648
    Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwa Vidhyalaya, Bilaspur(C.G) Information Technology 35206
    Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, J&K Computer Science & Engineering 37957
    Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, J&K Electronics & Communication Engineering 38549
    Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, J&K Industrial Bio-Technology 39023
    Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, J&K Mechanical Engineering 37823
    Mizoram University, Aizawl Information Technology 35137
    Tezpur University, Tezpur Food Engineering and Technology 37608
    Assam University, Silchar Agricultural Engineering 36615
    by the fifth round

Quote Originally Posted by swati.nitd View Post
    @rim123 as per last years cutoff at 35000 a bit difficult that you can get any branch till the fifth round

however based on All India Rank you can try for

Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi
    Carpet & Textile Technology
    Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwa Vidhyalaya, Bilaspur(C.G)
    Chemical Engineering Technology
    Industrial and Production Engineering
    Information Technology
    Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, J&K
    Computer Science & Engineering
    Electronics & Communication Engineering
    Industrial Bio-Technology
    Mechanical Engineering
    Mizoram University, Aizawl
    Information Technology
    Tezpur University, Tezpur
    Food Engineering and Technology
    Assam University, Silchar
    Agricultural Engineering

by the fifth round
    What's the use of homestate rank...please make it clear...

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE View Post
    What's the use of homestate rank...please make it clear...
    [MENTION=100071]HURRICANE[/MENTION] the homestate rank is used only for getting admission to the colleges in the homestate u belong to and which considers the AIEEE score

Quote Originally Posted by nitiarora View Post
    @HURRICANE the homestate rank is used only for getting admission to the colleges in the homestate u belong to and which considers the AIEEE score
    If I will score a home state rank near 1000 then there is a possibilty of getting nit durgapur if my home state is durgapur ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE View Post
    If I will score a home state rank near 1000 then there is a possibilty of getting nit durgapur if my home state is durgapur ??????????
    Wat branch are you looking for???

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast