Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NIT Calicut 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussions

Favorite 32 NIT Calicut 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussions

Hey Aspiring FaaDoOOOO's

I am a Senior of NIT Calicut, I am here to help you get all your queries sorted out regarding NIT Calicut 2012 admission.

Let me give you a brief summary of the college.

Year of Establishment: 1961

NIT Calicut Ranking: More than top 35 Colleges in India, One of the top colleges in India.

Mode of Admission: AIEEE for UG courses.

Streams at Graduate Level

• Architecture
    • Civil Engineering
    • Computer Science and Engineering
    • Chemical Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Electronics and Communication Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Chemical engineering

NIT Calicut Cutoff : All India cutoff - 29134 | Home State cutoff – 34632

NIT Calicut Placements Key Statistics 2010-2011:

Average Salary : 6.7 Lakh
    Total Number of Students Eligible for Placements : 469
    Total Number of Students Placed in the Placements Drive : 450
    Total Placements Percentage : 95.95 %

NIT Calicut Campus Facilities :

Student's Affair Council : The students’ council, popularly called ‘Student’s Affairs Council’ is the voice of the student community. It acts as the bridge between the students and the administrations of the institution. It also provides a platform for the students to tone up their leadership and communication skills. It shall conduct in a democratic manner honoring dignity and freedom of all who would associate with it.

The most prominent role of the Student’s Council, however is its endeavor to ensure student satisfaction and academic progress in the institution, without which no educational institution can progress. It acts as the representative body of the student community to bring forth duly the requirements of the student to the authorities.

A Students’ Affairs Council, which has powers delegated on it, can go a long way if the general welfare of the student community is properly taken care of. It would in turn organize activities for the overall development and academic excellence of students.

Central library: Central Library at National Institute of Technology Calicut, Kerala State, India, offers its services to about 8000 users comprising undergraduate, post graduate students and research scholars of different branches of Engineering and Faculty and Staff from various departments of the institute and Neighboring Institutions. The NITC Library underwent considerable modernization over the past decade in terms of traditional holdings, back volume collections, digital resources, electronic databases etc.

Hostel:NIT Calicut has totally thirteen hostels including four PG Hostels and one Ladies’ Hostel. The boys’ hostels are situated close to the academic area, while ladies’ hostel is within the residential campus. Total number of inmates of NITC Hostels is nearly 2906. Apart from the mess in every hostel a mini canteen is also available in the hostel premises. STD/ISD facilities are available in almost all hostels. Students are permitted to use own computers in their rooms. Facilities for recreation are also provided in all the hostels.

NIT Calicut Address:

NIT Campus P.O, Calicut – 673601India

Now its time for your queries.........

Last edited by zeenum.nitc; 15th March 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Re: NIT Calicut 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussion

I have got 3630 (air) in gate 2012 . Will I be eligible for a seat of M.tech in Embedded System .....I mean in NIT Calicut. My stream was Electronics and Communications in my B.tech.Please do reply....., thanks in advance.

Re: NIT Calicut 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussion

I know that the thread is about UG admissions..but as you being a student of NIT Calicut .I request you if it is possible to get the details about M-tech admissions and cut off ....details ....Thanks in advance..

Is there aeronautical eng. available in NIT Calicut? If not, then which all NITs have aeronautical engineering? And what minimum score to be obtained in AIEEE 2012 to get admission in any NIT and what all to study and revise??
    Please reply asap!!

[MENTION=96406]nesar93[/MENTION]
    Aeronautical Engg in not there in NIT calicut , See it all depends on that years cut off the minimum score varies year - wise and category wise , the study material is on http://www.faadooengineers.com/forum...AIEEE-Colleges this forum of the website

Quote Originally Posted by chandudon View Post
    I have got 3630 (air) in gate 2012 . Will I be eligible for a seat of M.tech in Embedded System .....I mean in NIT Calicut. My stream was Electronics and Communications in my B.tech.Please do reply....., thanks in advance.
    [MENTION=96315]chandudon[/MENTION] this branch is not available

Hey.. thanks Zeenum. Will you please try to find the cut off rank for Electronics Design and Technology (M.Tech) and will my rank be able to make it ?

Quote Originally Posted by chandudon View Post
    Hey.. thanks Zeenum. Will you please try to find the cut off rank for Electronics Design and Technology (M.Tech) and will my rank be able to make it ?
    @ see the cutoff score was 597 last year

ok Zeenum .. thanx

I am scoring 158 marks in AIEEE-2012. I am from Patna, Bihar and comes under OBC category. Can i get CS\ECE\EEE in NIT,Calicut??
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2coolbob View Post
    I am scoring 158 marks in AIEEE-2012. I am from Patna, Bihar and comes under OBC category. Can i get CS\ECE\EEE in NIT,Calicut??
    Thank you.
    [MENTION=94957]2coolbob[/MENTION] you have a very less chance of getting into the college this year so I believe that you should look for any other decent college of ur state

hi i am getting 135 marks in aieee 2012 in gen category.....can i get in nit....??

if yes then which all nits...
    i want civil branch.....

I am scoring about 194 in AIEEE 2012
    which NITs or IIITs can I get ?
    can I get CE or IT in any of them?

with 184 marks in aieee 2012 (gen. cat.) , am i eligible for admission to nit calicut? mech. or ee . my hs is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarun Kaushik View Post
    with 184 marks in aieee 2012 (gen. cat.) , am i eligible for admission to nit calicut? mech. or ee . my hs is up.
    [MENTION=98901]Tarun Kaushik[/MENTION] your score is slightly less than the last year's cutoff so lets hope for the best

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast