Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Aptitude Test
    Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Favorite 32 IIIT Amethi, 2012 admissions | cutoff, ranking, placements, fee Discussions

Hey Aspiring FaaDoOOOO's

I am a Senior of IIIT Amethi , I am here to help you get all your queries sorted out regarding IIIT Amethi 2012 Admissions

Let me start with some first give you a brief summary of the college.

Sponsored Ads

Year of Establishment: 2005

Total Area in Acres: It is being incubated in IIIT Allabhabad

IIIT Amethi Ranking: Comes in top 100 colleges in India

Mode of Admission: AIEEE Exam for UG courses.

IIIT Amethi 2012 Cutoff : 18,857

Streams at Graduate Level: Bachelor of Technology Information Technology

IIIT Amethi Fee structure:
    • Tuition fee INR 25,000
    • Total fee INR 40,500
    IIIT Amethi Placements: A batch of 55 students screened through AIEEE under this Institution in the year 2005 has so far excelled in many areas, showing an outstanding performance in Academics as well as in extracurricular activities.

Apart from Internal competitiveness, students from RGIIT also encroached in various fields , took part in many Technical Fests in the best colleges nation wide and proved themselves worthy with the stature of 1st and 2nd positions in DCE (Delhi college of engineering) and 1st position in IIT Roorkee (One of renowned amongst IIT`s). Needless to mention the outstanding performance in academics, hard work, dedication and intelligence yielded it`s price with a gold medalist from this Institution amongst the entire batch of IIIT-A and RGIIT students. Long hour duration of classes, a part of academics at RGIIT, had for sure made them enable sustained concentration over a single issue. Environment made the students to be imaginative and innovative thinkers, Students never relied on time to show it`s positive essence and seized what all they could instantaneously, Opportunities as said won`t knock again and again were grabbed the moment they arrived at door step.

IIIT Amethi Campus: To reduce the regional technological imbalance in the Hindi speaking areas of the country, Amethi campus of the IIIT-A was established as a forward and progressive venture of the UPA govt. of India.Although the position of the two campuses is at the variance yet the guidance provided to the students is kept at par with that at IIIT-A. Our campus is strictly under the supervision of venerated administration of IIIT-A. The examinations are conducted in parallel with those of the Allahabad campus, with students appearing for the same papers. The merit list generated per semester takes into account the students of both the campus as a whole. The vivacious talent of the students here is also considered for all the programs and fests conducted at the Allahabad campus.An enthusiastic participation is shown in all the cultural events like Effervescence, Foundation Day , V-C Meeting. Nevertheless we are also very keen to show our sportsmanship in all the events conducted.

IIIT Amethi Central library: The campus comprises a Computer Center with 6 labs with a capacity of 60 each, four lecture halls, a central library

IIIT Amethi Hostel: The residential campus consists of a mens’ hostel with capacity for 240 students, womens hostel for 60 students, 15-room air-conditioned guest house and staff residences for senior professors and other staff. Faculty hostels with two-room and one-room units meant for visiting professors are also be provided. The hostel is equpped with a multi mode gym, a entertainment room with cable TV and TT. The sports facilities the students enjoy comprises of a 1 basket ball court, volley ball court, 2 badminton courts and big field which is being developed for playing cricket and football.
    Big sports facilities will be located within the main campus, with a 500-seat sports complex. Also three more hostels with a capacity of 400 each are being developed. This infrastructure is proposed to accommodate the needs of the institute for more than a decade.

There are separate hostels for men and women, with single rooms (for the senior most batches) and twin sharing rooms. The spacious accommodations are provided with computers, along with 24-hour backup power supply. The hostel mess caters to the students’ meals. Facilities for recreation and sports like cricket, football, badminton and table tennis are available with more on the way.

IIIT Amethi Address: Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Information Technology, Tikarmafi, Amethi- 211011

Now its time for your queries!!!

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Lucknow
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Re: IIIT Amethi, 2012 admissions | cutoff, ranking, placements, fee Discussions

Does IIIT-Amethi offer good placements?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by nishtha20 View Post
    Does IIIT-Amethi offer good placements?
    Yes it does offers very good placements

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Mumbai
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Im getting 163 marks in aieee can i get any of nits or iiit's any round of counselling ? pls help. also pls suggest me good college pvt/govt other than this .

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Lucknow
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

I am scoring about 194 in AIEEE 2012
    which NITs or IIITs can I get ?
    can I get CE or IT in any of them?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Agartala
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by apurv7 View Post
    Im getting 163 marks in aieee can i get any of nits or iiit's any round of counselling ? pls help. also pls suggest me good college pvt/govt other than this .
    you should try for you your HS Counseling.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was .at 12:48 PM ----------

I am scoring about 194 in AIEEE 2012
    which NITs or IIITs can I get ?
    can I get CE or IT in any of them?
    @nishta20 you can get admission in NIT's and if you want

if you want to go for IT or CE or any other branch of your chance try for NIT Agartala

You have a very fair chance there...

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Lucknow
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

can I get any other streams lyk ECE or IT or CSE in later rounds of counselling in iiit amethi?

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Bilaspur
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

can I get any other streams lyk ECE or IT or CSE in later rounds of counselling in iiit amethi?
    @nishta20 IIIT Amethi Cutoff deals only with IT branch and you can get it by the 2nd or 3rd Round
    Last edited by Prashansa.cg; 17th May 2012 at 03:08 PM.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Delhi
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

i hav got 187 in aieee 2012 and rank 18,700...what are the chances of getting iiit allahabad (both campus-jhalwa and amethi)..?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by supreeya View Post
    i hav got 187 in aieee 2012 and rank 18,700...what are the chances of getting iiit allahabad (both campus-jhalwa and amethi)..?
    @supreeya you can get admission in the college by the last round.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Panipat
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

i hav got air 15430......can i get jhalwa campus and i have i heard that in the 4th year students are shifted to jhalwa campus....so placement record is same for both. Is it true?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by aakash26 View Post
    i hav got air 15430......can i get jhalwa campus and i have i heard that in the 4th year students are shifted to jhalwa campus....so placement record is same for both. Is it true?
    @aakash26 yes they have a combined campus drive.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Lucknow
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

I have got AI rank 15038 and state rank 1736
    my home state is uttar pradesh
    can I get iiit amethi and by which round?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

I have got AI rank 15038 and state rank 1736
    my home state is uttar pradesh
    can I get iiit amethi and by which round?
    @nishtha20 I believe you should get admission by the 3rd or 4th round of counseling as per last years stats

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Bhopal
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

I've got AIR general(16337) and AIR overall(20335). Can I get IT in IIIT Amethi till 5th Round or in the Spot Round? I'm filling this institute as my first preference.