Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IIIT Gwalior 2012 admissions | cutoff, ranking, placements, branches Discussions

Favorite 32 IIIT Gwalior 2012 admissions | cutoff, ranking, placements, branches Discussions

Hey Aspiring FaaDoOOOO's

I am a Senior of IIIT Gwalior, I am here to help you get all your queries sorted out regarding IIIT Gwalior 2012 Admissions

Let me first give you a brief summary of the college.

Year of Establishment : 1997

Total land in Acres : 160 Acres

IIIT Gwalior Ranking: Amongst Top 25 Colleges in India, One of the top Universities in India.

IIIT Gwalior Mode of Admission: AIEEE Exam for UG courses.

IIIT Gwalior - Streams at Graduate Level

Integrated Post Graduate Programmer (IPG) : B.Tech(ICT) + M.Tech. (ICT) / B.Tech(ICT) + MBA

This is a five year integrated programmer with a choice of following to dual degrees:

• B.Tech(ICT) + M.Tech(ICT)

• B.Tech.(ICT) + MBA

IIIT Gwalior Qualifying Exam: Current IPG batch has been admitted through AIEEE conducted by CBSE.

IIIT Gwalior CUTOFF: All India General Rank Cutoff = 20,900

IIIT Gwalior Fee structure for various courses:

Course Tuition Fees Semester Fees (Examination) Registration/Enrolment Fees etc. One Time Payments* Total Institute Fees Hostel Room Charges Hostel Mess Fees (Includes Rs.2000/- as security)
    IPG 25,000 1,000 2700 7200 35,900 6500 8000
    M-Tech. 25,000 1,000 2700 7200 35,900 6500 8000
    MBA 31,000 1000 2700 7200 41,900 6500 8000
    Ph.D 13000 1000 700 7500 22,200 6500 8000

To fulfill the future requirement of integration of technical and managerial skills and bring innovation in product, technology and market, the academicians of India envision the need for an integrated course based on Management and IT. ABV – IIITM pioneered this concept and started the 5-year Integrated Post Graduate Programme in the year 2000. This programme provides dual academic certifications (Graduate and Post graduate) after the completion of 240 credits in ten semesters. The student can opt either for MBA or M.Tech after he/she completes the credit requirements stipulated for the first 6 semesters.

IIIT Gwalior Placements:

Average Package = 4.58 Lakhs

Highest Package
    = 12.5 Lakhs

Lowest Package = 3.3 Lakhs

Following Companies have recruited final year students of IIITM through campus placement

Company Name
    Package offered CTC in Lac
    HCL Comnet 4.75
    TCS 3.3
    Grail Research 4
    Wipro 5
    Infosys 3.5
    Directi 8.5
    L&T Infotech 3.25/3.75
    Amdocs 4.2
    Capital IQ 4.2
    Abhijeet Group 4/5 Lac
    SISA 4
    SGI 5
    Fiserv 4.05
    Impetus 3.5
    KPMG (11-2-11) 5
    Microsoft (25-2-11 12.5
    DSCL 2.5 (Housing + Food)
    Uniken 3.6
    SunLife Financial 4
    Lovely Professional University 4.8
    Canra Bank 4.5

IIIT Gwalior Campus: Established in 1997, with a financial outlay of Rs. 61.0 Crores (US $14 million) for the first five years, the institute serves as a premier institution in the field of IT and management. Over the years the institute has been providing highly respected Techno-Managers to the IT industry doing various techno-functional roles with elan. The institute was accorded the status of deemed university in the year 2001. The institute campus is spread over 160 acres (0.65 km2) amidst picturesque landscape in the foothills of the Gwalior Fort. The campus is self-contained and equipped with all the state of the art facilities necessary for the all-round development of the students’ personalities. Infrastructure statistics

160 (Acre) / 2,35,445 (Sqm) BH 1(Capacity:313, No. of Students:272) Area (Sqm):3200 Sqm each block(A,B,C,D&E) Quarter Type IA: 888 Sqm
    56,705 (Sqm)(Area Constructed) BH2(Capacity:311,) ... Quarter Type IIB: 1110 Sqm
    ... BH 3(Capacity:258, No. of Students:208) ... Quarter Type III: 1800 Sqm
    ... GH(Capacity:111, No. of Students:58) ... ...

Total Area 60.545 Hectares/6,05,450.00 Sqm
    Permissible area of construction 121090.00 Sqm
    Area Constructed 57,818.00 Sqm

IIIT Gwalior Central library: The institute’s library is a collection of sources, resources, and services, and the structure in which it is housed; it is organized for use and maintained by the institute. In the more traditional sense, it’s a library is a collection of books.

The IIITM library has huge collection of both physical and digital books and resources. This library is made over the years. Institute keeps updating the library resources based on demand of class and student community. There are dedicated pool of staffs and librarian for management distribution of books inside library.

The institute’s library is a collection of sources, resources, and services, and the structure in which it is housed; it is organized for use and maintained by the institute. In the more traditional sense, it’s a library is a collection of books.
    The IIITM library has huge collection of both physical and digital books and resources. This library is made over the years. Institute keeps updating the library resources based on demand of class and student community. There are dedicated pool of staffs and librarian for management distribution of books inside library.

IIIT Gwalior Hostel Facilities: There are reading rooms in corresponding hostels. Recently a Book club has been opened in BH-1 in association with Career Launcher Gwalior.

Address :ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior,
    Morena Link Road, Gwalior Madhya Pradesh, INDIA – 474010.

Now its time for your queries!!!

Re: IIIT Gwalior 2012 admissions | cutoff, ranking, placements, branches Discussions

thanks a lot for the information

But aren't the packages offered too low considering its a 5yr program and its INDIAN INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY???

Re: IIIT Gwalior 2012 admissions | cutoff, ranking, placements, branches Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by naman11 View Post
    thanks a lot for the information

But aren't the packages offered too low considering its a 5yr program and its INDIAN INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY???
    hey,
    I don't think so because this is only about placements in the country and if we talk about placements in foreign companies they are far better.......................... and these placements are also very good for freshers ............................ what is your score in aieee????

what could a rank of 18700 give in iiit gwalior (aieee 2012 score-187)..?
    plz also tell in which round of counselling is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by supreeya View Post
    what could a rank of 18700 give in iiit gwalior (aieee 2012 score-187)..?
    plz also tell in which round of counselling is it possible?
    [MENTION=114541]supreeya[/MENTION] you have a very rare chance of getting admission this year by the general counseling, you should however try for the spot rounds.

my rank is 15038 can I get admission in IIITM gwalior and by which round?

Quote Originally Posted by nishtha20 View Post
    my rank is 15038 can I get admission in IIITM gwalior and by which round?
    [MENTION=96856]nishtha20[/MENTION] I believe you should get admission by the 5 th round

this yr there are just 4 rounds of counselling
    and according to last yr I am getting admission by 2nd round

Quote Originally Posted by nishtha20 View Post
    this yr there are just 4 rounds of counselling
    and according to last yr I am getting admission by 2nd round
    [MENTION=96856]nishtha20[/MENTION] than that is very good for you, all the best.....

@supreeya ... According to last year cutoff's u may get iiitm by 5th round.. but as there are only 4 rounds this year, u may get it either by 4th or in spot round...
    [MENTION=96856]nishtha20[/MENTION] ... According to last year cutoff's u may get iiitm by 2nd round... ;)

What was the highest package there this year...? Someone was saying that it was 22 lacs...!

Quote Originally Posted by vinayak.mtj View Post
    What was the highest package there this year...? Someone was saying that it was 22 lacs...!
    [MENTION=119304]vinayak.mtj[/MENTION] I have updated the data for on campus placements and some students get off campus offers all well so it there is no limit to that

@vinayak.mtj .... to best of my knowledge, the highest OnCampus package offered this year (2011-12 Batch) is 16.5 lpa by Microsoft..
    Last edited by Kolla Raja Sekhar; 21st June 2012 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks for the info..........
    I have got AIR 15380 in AIEEE in general category.. can i get IIIT Gwalior by second round.????

Quote Originally Posted by vinayak.mtj View Post
    Thanks for the info..........
    I have got AIR 15380 in AIEEE in general category.. can i get IIIT Gwalior by second round.????
    Well... U may get.. but who knows how the cutoffs for varoius rounds would be... anyways hope for the best... if not by 2nd round, u will get it by 3rd...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast