Sastra University 2014 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, Fee, campus Click Here:
This is Richa from Sastra University and I am here to answer ur queries regarding sastra dmissions for 2012-2016 batch. You guys can ask me anything from hostel facilities to placements and much more!!! But before that a sneak peak at my college
About Sastra University: The dreams of its founding fathers took shape in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering which is now renamed, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY [SASTRA]. It has carved a niche for itself as a Centre for fostering and developing the body, mind and sprit of its students. SASTRA is totally committed to this three - fold flowering of the students entrusted to its care. Our blend of academic excellence and real world experience with moral values has earned SASTRA, national recognition. A sprawling campus housing a built-up area of over 25,00,000 square feet and a vibrant population of over 9,000 students and over 700 teaching faculty have made SASTRA a landmark in the educational map of India.
Affiliated To : Autonomous Institute
Admission Procedure: The candidates have to fill the application form and post it to the right address as mentioned in the form. The aspiring candidates also have to give an entrance test and get their carrier started under this institute.
Placements: Recognizing the complexity of the career planning process and the variety of options available to graduates, the Department of Training & Placement provides programmers and services to meet professional development needs of students. The department partners with students in the process of career management from self-assessment to placement assistance in career that meets individual goals. Throughout the year, senior executives and alumni from a variety of business participate in scheduled informal discussions about industry and career trends. Representatives share practical advice and insights gained from their own backgrounds and experience. The uniqueness of the training activity is that the programmer finds a place in the regular timetable of the University right from first year. This molds the students into ’rounded personalities’
· Bio informatics
· Civil Engineering
· Chemical Engineering
· Computer Science & Engineering
· Electrical & Electronics Engineering
· Electronics & Communication Engineering
· Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
· Information & Communication Technology
· Information Technology · Mechanical Engineering
· Programmers in all the above thro’ Lateral Entry (II yr.)
- 70% seats are filled based on the 12th marks obtained by the students.
- The remaining 30% seats are filled by candidates who apply under AIEEE AI rank.
- Note that SASTRA University does not participate in the CCB and admits students through separate counselling for AIEEE rankers. The students who wish to apply based on their AIEEE AIR need to apply separately on june 2012
Fee Structure: Name of the Tuition Fee Sports and Unit Development fees Special fees, per Semeste programmer Test fee per annul (one-time Registration fees,payment) Medical Exam fees, etc. at the time of admission only (One time payment) B.Tech / M.Tech Rs. 40,000 Rs. 1,000 Rs. 10,000 Rs. 6,000 (Integrated)
Facilities:- A sprawling campus housing a built-up area of over 25,00,000 square feet and a vibrant population of over 9,000 students and over 700 teaching faculty have made SASTRA a landmark in the educational map of India. SASTRA offers various undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management, Law and Arts besides various Doctoral programmers and has state-of-the-art laboratories, a well stocked library and one of the best computing facilities. With an ideal teacher-taught ratio, we strive for academic excellence through personalized attention. The mechanism established to support and monitor the student’s progress assure success and satisfaction.
· Personal Belongings
There are 6 boys’ hostel and 2 girls’ hostels providing accommodation to over 3000 boys and 1200 girls.
The hostels are of the following types:
1. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 4-in1 (Bath Attached).
2. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 3-in-1 / 4-in-1
The hostels provide a salubrious ambience and a feel-good climate and are equipped with all amenities for living, dining and recreation that makes each inmate feel at home. They provide a right atmosphere for intellectual stimulation and balanced growth.
Activities Of The Department Include:
· Developing verbal and non-verbal communication skills
· Enhancing public speaking skills
· Imparting personality improvement through in-house and external expert faculty programmers
· Providing career guidance
· Administering aptitude and psychological tests
· Conducting group discussions and mock interview practice sessions
· Organizing entrepreneurship promotion programmers
· Arranging in-plant training and obtaining project work from industries
· Assisting in the coaching for TOEFL, GRE, GMAT and GATE in a simulated environment.
· Arranging on and off campus recruitment.
CARBON AND NITROGEN COMPOUNDS ARE THE DEADLIEST WEAPONS….. Life needs chemistry, not just as a spice, but as the main ingredient. It is amazing to look at what those tiny invisible chemical molecules do to us. Be dazzled by them, for they are things that you are made of. Welcome to Chromoxone, the cluster of Biotechnology and Chemical engineering events at DAKSH 2012, where the sacred entity called life is understood as molecules and the forces which drive them. Do you have it in you to manipulate nature? Can you fool the gods and steal their secrets? Step in and take the Chromoxone challenge to find out! Welcome once again, to play with the mind-boggling molecules of life .
Address: SASTRA UNIVERSITY Tirumalaisamudram Thanjavur – 613401.