Sristi 2014 Fest kits Warangal | Accolade 15 Cultural Fest Pantnagar | Zest 2015 Sports Festival College Of Engineering Pune | Vision Connect National Youth Summit-2015 Dit University | INTERFACE 2K15 | iPDC-Techkriti-2015 | CIT INTERFACE 15 |
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Aligarh
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Favorite 32 Sastra University 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, Fee, campus Location

Sastra University 2014 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, Fee, campus Click Here:

hi faadoos,

This is Richa from Sastra University and I am here to answer ur queries regarding sastra dmissions for 2012-2016 batch. You guys can ask me anything from hostel facilities to placements and much more!!! But before that a sneak peak at my college

About Sastra University: The dreams of its founding fathers took shape in 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering which is now renamed, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY [SASTRA]. It has carved a niche for itself as a Centre for fostering and developing the body, mind and sprit of its students. SASTRA is totally committed to this three - fold flowering of the students entrusted to its care. Our blend of academic excellence and real world experience with moral values has earned SASTRA, national recognition. A sprawling campus housing a built-up area of over 25,00,000 square feet and a vibrant population of over 9,000 students and over 700 teaching faculty have made SASTRA a landmark in the educational map of India.

Sponsored Ads

Affiliated To : Autonomous Institute

Admission Procedure: The candidates have to fill the application form and post it to the right address as mentioned in the form. The aspiring candidates also have to give an entrance test and get their carrier started under this institute.

Placements: Recognizing the complexity of the career planning process and the variety of options available to graduates, the Department of Training & Placement provides programmers and services to meet professional development needs of students. The department partners with students in the process of career management from self-assessment to placement assistance in career that meets individual goals. Throughout the year, senior executives and alumni from a variety of business participate in scheduled informal discussions about industry and career trends. Representatives share practical advice and insights gained from their own backgrounds and experience. The uniqueness of the training activity is that the programmer finds a place in the regular timetable of the University right from first year. This molds the students into ’rounded personalities’

Branches (B-Tech):
    ·
    Bioengineering
    · Bio informatics
    · Biotechnology
    · Civil Engineering
    · Chemical Engineering
    · Computer Science & Engineering
    · Electrical & Electronics Engineering
    · Electronics & Communication Engineering
    · Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
    · Information & Communication Technology
    · Information Technology · Mechanical Engineering
    · Mechanics
    · Programmers in all the above thro’ Lateral Entry (II yr.)

Cutoff:
    • 70% seats are filled based on the 12th marks obtained by the students.
    • The remaining 30% seats are filled by candidates who apply under AIEEE AI rank.
    • Note that SASTRA University does not participate in the CCB and admits students through separate counselling for AIEEE rankers. The students who wish to apply based on their AIEEE AIR need to apply separately on june 2012

Fee Structure:
    Name of the Tuition Fee Sports and Unit Development fees Special fees, per Semeste programmer Test fee per annul (one-time Registration fees,payment) Medical Exam fees, etc. at the time of admission only (One time payment) B.Tech / M.Tech Rs. 40,000 Rs. 1,000 Rs. 10,000 Rs. 6,000 (Integrated)

Facilities:- A sprawling campus housing a built-up area of over 25,00,000 square feet and a vibrant population of over 9,000 students and over 700 teaching faculty have made SASTRA a landmark in the educational map of India. SASTRA offers various undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management, Law and Arts besides various Doctoral programmers and has state-of-the-art laboratories, a well stocked library and one of the best computing facilities. With an ideal teacher-taught ratio, we strive for academic excellence through personalized attention. The mechanism established to support and monitor the student’s progress assure success and satisfaction.

Other Facilities:
    ·Central library
    · Personal Belongings

· Hostel:
    There are 6 boys’ hostel and 2 girls’ hostels providing accommodation to over 3000 boys and 1200 girls.
    The hostels are of the following types:
    1. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 4-in1 (Bath Attached).
    2. Single Room / 2-in-1 / 3-in-1 / 4-in-1
    The hostels provide a salubrious ambience and a feel-good climate and are equipped with all amenities for living, dining and recreation that makes each inmate feel at home. They provide a right atmosphere for intellectual stimulation and balanced growth.

Activities Of The Department Include:
    · Developing verbal and non-verbal communication skills
    · Enhancing public speaking skills
    · Imparting personality improvement through in-house and external expert faculty programmers
    · Providing career guidance
    · Administering aptitude and psychological tests
    · Conducting group discussions and mock interview practice sessions
    · Organizing entrepreneurship promotion programmers
    · Arranging in-plant training and obtaining project work from industries
    · Assisting in the coaching for TOEFL, GRE, GMAT and GATE in a simulated environment.
    · Arranging on and off campus recruitment.

Events:

CARBON AND NITROGEN COMPOUNDS ARE THE DEADLIEST WEAPONS….. Life needs chemistry, not just as a spice, but as the main ingredient. It is amazing to look at what those tiny invisible chemical molecules do to us. Be dazzled by them, for they are things that you are made of. Welcome to Chromoxone, the cluster of Biotechnology and Chemical engineering events at DAKSH 2012, where the sacred entity called life is understood as molecules and the forces which drive them. Do you have it in you to manipulate nature? Can you fool the gods and steal their secrets? Step in and take the Chromoxone challenge to find out! Welcome once again, to play with the mind-boggling molecules of life .

Address: SASTRA UNIVERSITY Tirumalaisamudram Thanjavur – 613401.
    Tamilnadu, India.

Query.......
    Last edited by ajaytopgun; 12th June 2014 at 10:58 AM.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Madurai
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Re: Sastra University 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, Fee, campus Location

i am waiting for my +2 result and
    may i know the cut-off requirement for
    various courses at SASTRA UNIVERSITY...

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Aligarh
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by sankar5 View Post
    i am waiting for my +2 result and
    may i know the cut-off requirement for
    various courses at SASTRA UNIVERSITY...
    hey,
    U have to score more than 60% marks for apply in sastra..........Could u please tel me in which course u r intrested in sastra university

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Madurai
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

no i am in dilemma ....
    and so i want to know the required cut-off marks for engineering courses like

1.Computer Science Engineering
    2.Mechanical Engineering
    3.Electronics and Communication Engineering
    4.Electrical and Electronics Engineering
    5.Chemical Engineering.

These are my preferable engineering courses and hence

please refer to the SASTRA UNIVERSITY and give me the cut-off marks required THIS YEAR....

Active FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Delhi
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by sankar5 View Post
    no i am in dilemma ....
    and so i want to know the required cut-off marks for engineering courses like

1.Computer Science Engineering
    2.Mechanical Engineering
    3.Electronics and Communication Engineering
    4.Electrical and Electronics Engineering
    5.Chemical Engineering.

These are my preferable engineering courses and hence

please refer to the SASTRA UNIVERSITY and give me the cut-off marks required THIS YEAR....

@sankar5 - SASTRA University follows a 2-tier admission process:

A. Admissions based on 12th Scores: A merit list based on the applications received by the students have been released by the University. This merit list is prepared for students who have applied based on their 12th scores. Note that this merit list is used to fill 70% seats of SASTRA University

B. Admissions based on AIEEE ranks

• The students who wish to apply for SASTRA University based on the rank secured in the AIEEE 2012 need to apply separately. The students must apply online for SASTRA University by providing all the details including your AIEEE rank.
    • The last date for applying is in the month of June.
    • The students have to provide a list of branch preferences and based on the availability, the seat will be allotted from the list of preferences.
    • Based on the list of preferences provided by the student, the allotted seats of each student will be released at the end of June
    • The students who will be allotted a seat must attend the counselling conducted in July personally and pay the prescribed amount of fees to secure the seat.
    • In absence of the candidate, his/her seat will be forfeited and allotted to the next ranked candidate.
    Details for Last Years counseling: http://www.sastra.edu/index.php?opti...=2096&Itemid=1

About Cut-offs: There is no particular cut-off. You can apply online and provide your rank. It depends on how many students with a better rank than you have applied applied. However, the cut-offs for SASTRA through AIEEE are usually high as only 30% seats are filled based on AIEEE ranks. Coming to counselling based on 12th scores, the cut-off usually stays as high as 94% for most of the branches in first counselling. You need to be lucky to get a seat in 2nd counselling as it depends on how many students leave their seat alloted in the first counselling.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Chennai
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

hi richa

am a CBSE student and have a total of 446/500...
    and am from Chennai..
    will i get ECE or ICE or IT or any other course in SASTRA...

-niranjani
    Last edited by niranjani; 30th May 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Agra
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

can anyone plz provide me d exact fees structure for b.tech courses in this institute.actually on its website d same one is given for integrated courses.i want it only for b.tech course.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Delhi
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Hi
    Could you please provide the placement statistics for the previous year of all engineering branches with average salary ?
    Hope to get reply soon !

Thanks & Regards
    Ricky

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Aligarh
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by mayur_ricky View Post
    Hi
    Could you please provide the placement statistics for the previous year of all engineering branches with average salary ?
    Hope to get reply soon !

Thanks & Regards
    Ricky
    hi,

S. No. Offers Package (LPA)
    1 Ashok Leyland 14 (Mech-9, Mecha-3, EEE-2) 7.1
    2 Murgappa Group 5 (Mech) 3.25
    3 Vedanta 13 (EEE-4, EIE-2, Mech-5, Chem-2) 3.6 (During training)
    4 Nagarjuna Oil 5(Chem-3, EIE-2) 4.4
    5 Beroe Inc 8 3.6 (1st year)
    7.2 (2nd year)
    6 Rockwell Collins 12 5
    7 CCCL 3 4.0
    8 Hindustan Motors 7 (Mech) 2.2 (During Training)
    9 Sundaram Clayton 2 (Mech) 4
    10 VGN Developers 2(Civil) 2.0 (During Training)
    11 Ascended 5 (CSE) 5.25
    12 TCS 1359 3.16
    13 Wipro 132 3.25
    14 Accenture 88 3.2
    15 TVS Motors 4 (Mech) 4.3
    16 L & T ECC 10 (Mech-5, civil-5, EEE-1) 4.3
    17 KLA Tencor 1 7.13 + joining bonus
    18 IBM Global Solutions 98 3.23
    19 L & T InfoTech 25 3
    20 iNautix 9 3.3
    21 Ford 3(Mech-1, EEE-1, Mechatronics-1) 4.80 (During training)
    +5 (waiting)
    22 Titan 2(EEE-1, Mech-1) 3.57
    23 HP Solutions Result awaiting
    24 Rane 6(Mech) 2.7
    25 L&T Coimbatore 82(EEE-51,Mech-31) 2.60 (During training)
    26 Tata Elxsi 2 (Mechatronics) 8.5 (During training)
    27 Sundram Fasteners Ltd 3 (mech) 3.3
    28 VA TECH WABAG Ltd 4 3.5
    29 Brakes India Limited 4 3.3
    30 Ramco Systems 2 (M.Tech) 5.5
    TOTAL 1910

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Delhi
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Hi Richa

Thanks a lot !

Regards
    Ricky

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Bangalore
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

hellooo,

i want to know about the sastra entrance test.how is it??

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Hyderabad/Secundrabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

hi there I got 92% in 12th class from Andhra Pradesh board.Is there any chance of getting seat in SASTRA through +2 mode

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Varanasi
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by abhinavn94 View Post
    hi there I got 92% in 12th class from Andhra Pradesh board.Is there any chance of getting seat in SASTRA through +2 mode
    did u appear in entrance exam of sastra????

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Hyderabad/Secundrabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by nilanjna kaur View Post
    did u appear in entrance exam of sastra????
    Sastra doesn't conduct any entrance test

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Aligarh
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by abhinavn94 View Post
    Sastra doesn't conduct any entrance test
    hey abhinav u'll surely get admission in sastra as u got very good marks and on the basis of merit u can apply and get admission easily..............
    so good luck