Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking

Favorite 32 IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking

Hi Faadoosss,

This is Kushal from IIT Delhi and I am here to answer your queries regarding IIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.

You guys can ask me anything from hostel facilities to placements and much more!!! But before that a sneak peak at my college!

About IIT Delhi: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is one of the seven Institutes of Technology created as centres of excellence for higher training, research and development in science, engineering and technology in India. Established as College of Engineering in 1961, the Institute was later declared an Institution of National Importance under the "Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 1963" and was renamed "Indian Institute of Technology Delhi". It was then accorded the status of a deemed university with powers to decide its own academic policy, to conduct its own examinations, and to award its own degrees.

HRH Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, laid the foundation stone of the Institute on January 27, 1959. The Institute was inaugurated by Prof.Humayun Kabir, the then Union Minister for Scientific Research and Cultural Affairs on August 21, 1961. The Institute buildings were formally opened by Dr.Zakir Hussain, the then President of India, on March 2, 1968.

Affiliated University: Autonomous University

Mode Of Admission 2012: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a common admission test for candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech programme in IITs

Ranking: Top 5 Tech. Instt. in India

Fee for 2012 session :
    • One time payment: INR 2500
    • Payable every semester: INR 27035
    • Refundable caution deposit: INR 4000
    • Total fees payable at the time of admission: INR 33985

Branches & intakes: BTECH - Branches Offered
    • Chemical Engineering
    • Civil Engineering
    • Computer Science & Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering (Power)
    • Engineering Physics
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Production and Industrial Engineering
    • Textile Technology

DUAL Degree (Btech + Mtech)-
    • B.Tech. and M.Tech. in Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology
    • B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering and M.Tech in Process Engineering & Design
    • B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering and M.Tech in Computer Applications in Chemical Engineering
    • B.Tech. and M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
    • B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering and M.Tech in Information & Communication Technology

Cut Offs: Opening Rank: 3 | Closing Rank: 2804

Placements 2011-12:
    • Highest Indian Salary package Offered at IIT Delhi : Rs 22lakhs
    • Highest overseas Salary package Offered at IIT Delhi : 1,00,000 USD per year
    • Average Indian Salary package Offered at IIT Delhi : Rs 5.2lakhs
    • Average overseas Salary package Offered at IIT Delhi : 35 K USD per year
    • Lowest Indian Salary package Offered at IIT Delhi : Rs 3 lakhs
    • Lowest overseas Salary package Offered at IIT Delhi : 30,000 USD per year

Salary Details In past :

1.The average salary for the years 2005 and 2006 was Rs 7,44,000.
    2.The average salary for the year 2006 and 2007 was Rs 8,57,000

Campus Facilities:

• Hangout places
    • Banks
    • Post Office
    • Institute Child care Center
    • Railway Reservation Counter
    • Institute Hospital
    • Places Of Worship
    • Hindi Kaksh
    • Security
    • Institute

Hostel Facilities: The programmes offered at IIT Delhi are residential in nature. The student has to live in the campus till the completion of their course. The IIT Delhi offers hostel facility for both men and women students within the campus. Besides offering hostels other facilities including mess is also provided and students do not require rushing out side for fulfilling basic needs. The students are offered hostel facilities in the following Halls of Residence Hostels:

For Boys

• Nilgiri House
    • Aravali House
    • Shivalik House
    • Kumaon House
    • Satpura House
    • Zanskar House
    • Karakoram House
    • Jwalamukhi House
    • Vindhyachal House

For Girls
    • Kailash Hostel
    • Himadri Hostel

Other Accommodations: Besides the hostels there are couple of localities besides IITD where single room, two room sets and rooms on sharing basis are rented out. At most of the places meals are served at door step in lieu of advance payment submitted at the nearby Dhabas/ Restaurants.

A monthly expenditure for a student with average standard of living, (middle class) hiring a single room set would be around 4500 to 5000 Rs/month.

Address: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110 016, INDIA

Please ask queries……… I want to help you all

Re: IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking

i have got 1543 rank in jee-2012...do u think it would be better to opt for chemical in delhi/kanpur then going out for electrical in roorkee......most people told me to avoid chemical without giving a proper reason as to why...!! faculty says to stick on core branches....

Re: IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by ankitjotwani View Post
    i have got 1543 rank in jee-2012...do u think it would be better to opt for chemical in delhi/kanpur then going out for electrical in roorkee......most people told me to avoid chemical without giving a proper reason as to why...!! faculty says to stick on core branches....
    hi ankit,
    it depends in which branch u r interested actually.......... don't go with others ok.......... if u r interested in chemical so go for chemical but if u r really confused so let me tel u if u want to do jobs in metro pols so electronics is far better then chemical but money point of view both are almost same.............. and your rank is very gud so think before opting any branch ok...........

i have got AIR 1660. i wanted to know about B tech Engineering Physics and Dual Chemical engg.
    what is the average n highest package for B Tech engg. physics? what type of companies can we expect?? how close this branch would be to electronics??

I live in Delhi and I do not wish to live in hostel. Is there a provision for the same?