This is siddharth from IIT Roorkee and I am here to answer your queries regarding IIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
Lets start our discussions regarding IIT Roorkee cutoffs, rank, placements, hostel, fees, seats, etc here.....
About IIT Roorkee :
Affiliated University: Autonomous University
- Indian Institute of Technology - Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research. The Institute ranks amongst the best technological institutions in the world and has contributed to all sectors of technological development. It has also been considered a trend-setter in the area of education and research in the field of science, technology, and engineering.
- The Institute has completed 150th year of its existence in October 1996. On September 21, 2001, an Ordinance issued by the Government of India declared it as the nation's seventh Indian Institute of Technology. The Ordinance is now converted into an Act by the Parliament to make IIT, Roorkee as an "Institution of National Importance".
- The Institute offers Bachelor's Degree courses in 10 disciplines of Engineering and Architecture and Postgraduate's Degree in 55 disciplines of Engineering, Applied Science, Architecture and planning. The Institute has facility for doctoral work in all Departments and Research Centres.
The Institute admits students to B.Tech. and B.Arch. courses through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted at various centres all over India.
Mode Of Admission: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a common admission test for candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech programme.
Ranking: We have been ranked at 5th among all the IITs. Now that is quality!!!!
Fee: Tution Fee: INR 39920/- | Mess charges: INR 7500
Branches & intakes:
1. Aerospace Engineering
2. Chemical Engineering
3. Civil Engineering
4. Computer Science & Engineering Department
5. Electrical Engineering
6 .Mechanical Engineering
7 .Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
Cut Offs:Opening Rank: AIR 40 | Closing Rank: AIR 8753
Placements: Figures & data for 2011-2012 batch.
Post Graduate Total number of Students (Class Size)
524 528 Total number of boys in class 499 465 Total number of girls in class 63 25
Total Numbers Total number of recruiters participated
152 Total recruiters who have recruited actually 156 Total number of offers offered 892 Total number of offers accepted Not Available Total number of students placed overseas 7
Salary Per Annum in Lacs Salary Per Annum in Lacs UG PG Highest Indian Salary 20 20 Average Indian Salary 6.87 5.59 Median Indian Salary 6 5.42 Lowest Indian Salary 3 3
- Hangout places
- Post Office
- Institute Child care Center
- Railway Reservation Counter
- Institute Hospital
- Places Of Worship
- Hindi Kaksh
Ten Boys' Hostels,
- Fokki! That is how we define our dwelling places on the sprawling IIT campus. These bhawans are our legacy and they remind of us the glory this institute has had and of the renaissance it has witnessed.
- Our homes away from home are as modern as they can be. More importantly, though have spawned the cultures that make the campus an unforgettable experience. It's here that midnight cricket tournaments, early morning bakar sessions, community computer warfare and so many other things find expression.
- Each hostel has a state of art Cyber Cafe, managed by students. All hostels are now fully Wifi connected, meaning that the Internet permeates the space we live in. And who could imagine life without midnight snacks at the Bhawan Canteens, especially after an intense bakar or gaming session? And all this, in peaceful, clean, aesthetic environs, the likes of which very few places in the world can boast.
Three Girls' Hostels
- Azad Bhawan
- Cautley Bhawan
- Ganga Bhawan
- Govind Bhawan
- Jawahar Bhawan
- Radhakrishnan Bhawan
- Rajendra Bhawan
- Rajiv Bhawan
- Ravindra Bhawan
- Malviya Bhawan
6 Married Hostels
- Sarojini Bhawan
- Kasturba Bhawan
- Indra Bhawan
A year-wise hostel system, which once existed on the campus, has recently given way to a mixed hostel system where students of all years and branches of study reside together in perfect harmony. So much for thought and sentiments. Look for yourselves, and find out how our Bhawans draw you into their unique culture...
- Azad Wingh
- A.N.Khosla House
Address: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, NH 58, Roorkee, Uttaranchal
Time For Queries....Similar Threads:
- IT BHU 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- IIT Roorkee 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- IIT Guwahati 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- BIT Mesra 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- NIT Hamirpur 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion