This is Vishal from IIT Bhubaneswer and I am here to answer your queries regarding IIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
Lets start our discussions regarding IIT Bubaneswer cutoffs, rank, placements, hostel, fees, seats, etc here.....
About IIT Bhubaneswer :
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar came into existence in July 22, 2008, inheriting the brand name IIT. This fact itself charges the Institute not only to be worthy of its inheritance but also to be distinctive and distinguished on its own by scripting a path towards novelties. Presented below are the statements for Vision, Mission, Goals & Strategies (to achieve the Goals) and the Core Values of IIT Bhubaneswar.
- The Foundation Stone for this IITB was laid on February 12, 2009. An estimated amount of Rs.780 crores will be spent in next few years to develope this Institute. A Master Plan for this Institute is being developed. Global tender for choice of Architect has been floated. Within next 2 years, the Institute will be operational from the new campus.
- IIT Bhubaneswar with its 935 acres of land will be designed to have a self contained campus for 10,000 students and 1100 faculty. A Science Park will be part of this institution. The Park will house a large number of industry supported R&D units. It will promote industry relevant collaborative R&D activities with the institute and facilitate practice relevant education.
- The Institute will offer education and research programmes in disciplines of national and global interest. The specific local needs will also be taken care of. To promote inter-disciplinary education and research, the Institute will not have many narrow specialization oriented departments. It will have few Schools and each School can offer several programmes.
- The institute admits students into B. Tech, M. Tech and Ph.D programs. The classes are held in Bhubaneswar city. The academic session begins in July each year. Madhusudan Chakraborty is the director of IIT Bhubaneswar since 2009, succeeding acting director, Damodar Acharya.
Affiliated University: Autonomous University
Mode Of Admission:
Ranking in 2012: N/A
- The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a common admission test for candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech programme.
- It is conducted by all the seven IITsin the month of April every year. Candidates who have secured 60% (5% relaxation for SC/ST/PD) marks in aggregate in their respective board examination are eligible for the test.
- The JEE will be a single objective type examination which will test the comprehension and analytical abilities of students. For more details refer to the JEE brochure.
Fee Structure for 2011-12 Batch:
Particular of Fees Refundable caution deposit Amount(Rs)6,000/- One Time Fee 3,300/- Semester Fee Tuition Fee 28800 Other Charges 3,100/- Hostel Charges 7,250/- Food Charges 8,000/- Total: 56,450/-
Branches & intakes:
Cut Offs in 2011-12:
- B.Tech. - Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. - Electrical Engineerin
- B.Tech. - Mechanical Engineering
Branch wise, Category wise cutoffs available....
- Opening Rank: AIR 203
- Closing Rank: AIR 4509
IIT Bubaneswer B.Tech Placements Salary Statistics 2011-2012:
S.No Company Name Offers Made 1 Caterpillar 1 2 Tata Consultancy Services TCS 2 3 Deloitte 7 4 Infosys 5 5 Flipkart 5 6 Samsung 8 7 Altair Engineering 2 8 Tata Motors 2 9 Tata Consulting Engineers 2 10 Other Companies 6
- The library is not a shrine for the worship of books. It is not a temple where literary incense must be burned or where one's devotion to the bound book is expressed in ritual. A library, to modify the famous metaphor of Socrates, should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas - a place where history comes to life. Norman Cousins
- A Library is a repository of academic wealth and is emblematic of any educational institute’s intellectual and scholarly excellence. The Central Library of IIT Bhubaneswar, though in its infancy, boasts of an excellent collection of books, journals and magazines from all spheres and an academic atmosphere that stimulates the young minds to think beyond the confinements of texts. A state of the art, hybrid library, its academic resources include database both CD-ROMs and online which are made available through the Institute’s network. Users can access the online database and also find out the real-time availability of library materials from their own computer terminals. The Library offers a range of information services set to the highest professional standards. Besides, the Central Library is a fully air conditioned, eco-compatible, tastefully decorated breathing space that provides a break from monotony and freedom to Students Societies and its members to meet, ponder, contemplate and deliberate over subject matters.
Students have been accommodated in a quiet and scenic SBI colony located in Kesura about 20 minutes drive from the institute. The colony has all the facilities in terms of beautiful gardens, parks, auditorium etc. Institute buses are available for student’s conveyance. A total of approximately 50 well furnished flats have been taken to accommodate 230 students, with 6 students living in each flat. The flats are 3 bed-roomed with a hall, kitchen and dining room. Students live on a twin sharing basis, where 2 students share a room. All the necessary facilities have been provided to make the student's stay comfortable. In addition, 2 flats have been earmarked to serve as the mess and dining rooms for the students. The students mess committee looks into day to day mess activities. Some flats are separately allocated as a common room consisting of different indoor sports, television along with news articles for student recreations. A doctor is available in the hostel premise to take care of student’s medical problems. An ambulance round the clock is available in the hostel and institute premise. Wireless modems have been installed in all flats equipping them with internet access. A SBI ATM is located within the hostel compound.
- All the students of the Institute have been provided with hostel rooms in the campus. The accommodation is single-seater. These hostels are equipped with all modern amenities. There are facilities for sports and recreation such as satellite TV, indoor games and a gymnasium.
- Facilities for outdoor games like volleyball, basketball and football are also there. Every room in the the hostels are provided with network connectivity. Separate accommodation is provided to the girl students. A round-the-clock canteen is in operation to cater to the needs of the students.
Phone: +91 674 2306 300 / +91 674 2301 337
Samantapuri (Rearside of Hotel Swosti Plaza)
Phone: +91 674 2306 220 Fax: +91 674 2301983