This is Nihal from IIT Patna and I am here to answer your queries regarding IIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding IIT Patna.
Here is some Information about college.
About IIT Patna : Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Patna is one of the new IITs established by an act of parliament on August 06, 2008. It runs from its transit campus in Patliputra Colony, Patna. It has three schools that host seven academic departments namely, School of Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering), School of Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics) and School of Humanities and Social Science (Humanities and Social Science).
The transit campus of IIT Patna is located on the campus of Navin Government Polytechnic in Patliputra Colony Patna. The institute of approximately seven kilometers away from the Patna Junction and eight kilometers from the Loknayak Jai Prakash Narayan Airport Patna.
Affiliated University: Autonomous University
Mode Of Admission in IIT Patna: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a common admission test for candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech programme.
Fee in IIT Patna:
Details of FEE paid by B. Tech. students (selected through JEE) in the First SemesterJEE counseling Fee is: Rs.400/- for General and OBC and Rs.200/- for SC and ST.
01 Admission Fee One Time 150 02 Grade Card Fee One Time 150 03 Provisional Certificate Fee One Time 100 04 Medical Examination Fee One Time 100 05 Student Wellfare Fund One Time 200 06 Identity Card Fee One Time 50 07 Tuition Fee* Per Semester 25000 08 Examination Fee Per Semester 350 09 Registration/ Enrolment Fee Per Semester 200 10 Gymkhana Fee Per Semester 200 11 Medical Fee Per Semester 100 12 Institute Caution Money One Time (Refundable) 1000 13 Library Caution Money One Time (Refundable) 1000 14 Hostel Admission Fee One Time 400 15 Hostel Rent Per Semester 500 16 Fan, Electricity and Water Charges Per Semester 300 17 Hall Caution Money One Time (Refundable) 1000 Total for General/ OBC Category (1 to 17) – With mess related fee/deposit 30,800 Total for SC/ST Category (1 to 17) - With mess related fee/deposit 5,800 Mess related Collections for all hosteller students
18 Mess Deposit One Time (Refundable) 1500 19 Hall Mess Establishment Charges One Time 1000 20 Amenities Charges Per Semester 400 21 Mess Advance First Month 1500 Total (18 to 22) 4400 Grand Total for General/ OBC Category – With mess related fee/deposit 35200 Total for SC/ST Category - With mess related fee/deposit 10200
*SC / ST students are not required to pay Tuition Fees
Medical insurance Premium of Rs.578/- should be deposited in cash once in a yearBranches & intakes in IIT Patna:
Cutoff for IIT Patna: Opening Rank: AIR 376
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Doctor of philosophy in Engineering
Closing Rank: AIR 4477
Branch wise & category wise data available
Placements in IIT Patna: Students of IIT Patna have opportunities to visit foreign universities like The University of New South Wales-Australia, University of Houston-USA, University of South Australia, Georgia State University-USA, University of Southern California-USA and in Indian Organizations like C-DAC, DRDO, Microsoft, TCS, HP, CMERI, Reliance Communication, LG, BOSCH, Hyundai Motors, Tata Motors, IOCL, ONGC, Bajaj Auto etc. for summer internship
- Hostels for Girls and Boys
- Computer Center
- Health care
- Students Activity Center
- Laboratories and Workshops
- IIT Patna has three boy's hostels and one girls' hostel. All the hostels are very close to the academic complex. Presently about 400 students are residing in these hostels.
- There is a lush of greenery around the hostels. The students have access to Wi-Fi and LAN connectivity. In addition to the adequate health care facilities, all the students are covered under Vidyarthi Mediclaim Insurance Policy. The hostels are equipped with gymnasium and table tennis facilities.
- The Boys' hostel campus has a basketball court, a volleyball court, and badminton court. A football-cum-cricket ground will also be available very soon.
- A new Gymkhana building is under construction that will house an Indoor Badminton Court, music and dance hall, and a yoga room. There are two students' mess and one canteen in the hostel-campus. The students elect a student senate once every year in the month of February
Address: Indian Institute Of Technology, Patna, Navin Government Polytechnic Campus,
- Dr. A. K. Thakur is the warden of the all the Boys' & Girls' hostels. Dr. Om Prakash is the Associate Warden of the Aryabhatta Hall, Dr. Maheskkumar H. Kolekar is the Associate Warden of the Ashoka Hall, Dr. Debabrata Seth is the Associate Warden of the New Boys' Hostel, and Dr. Sriparna Saha is the Associate Warden of the Girls' Hostel.
Patliputra Colony, Patna 800 013
QUERIES ARE WELCOME…………..Similar Threads:
- NIT Patna Admission, Ranking, Cutoff , Fees, Placements
- IIT Ropar 2012 Admissions, Cutoff, Ranking, Placements, Facilities, Fees - Discussion
- IIT Kharagpur , 2012 Admissions, CutOff, Placements, Facilities, Hostel Facility
- Birla Institute of Technology Patna 2012 admissions cutoff, ranking - Discussions
- NIT Patna 2012 admissions Cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussions