This is Nilanjna from IT-BHU and I am here to answer your queries regarding IIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding IT- BHU.
Here's some Information about college.
About IT-BHU : After the establishment of the Indian Institutes of Technology, the three premier engineering institutions of BHU viz., BENCO, MINMET and TECHNO were merged to form the Institute of Technology (IT-BHU) to provide a strong and integrated educational base. Thus our Institute came into fullfledged existence in 1971.
To preserve its excellence and national character, the earlier system of region-wise admission (via merit lists) has been replaced by admission procedures through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE of the IITs) for undergraduate courses and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE conducted by the IITs & IISc.) for the post-graduate courses. The Institute has so far produced more than 23500 B.Tech. graduates, 3600 M. Techs., 800 Doctoral and one D.Sc. degree holders.
Since its formation, the Institute of Technology has not only developed to become a premier educational institution producing graduate engineers with sound scientific and technological background, but has grown into a Centre which provides versatile postgraduate training and conducts advanced research in Engineering and Technology. A large number of alumni of the Institute are occupying top positions in many leading industries, educational institutions and research establishments in India and abroad. Many of them have established their own industries/ companies and several are serving in diverse Governmental Departments/Agencies.
CONVERSION OF IT-BHU INTO IIT (BHU), Varanasi HAS BEEN PASSED BY LOK SABHA ON MARCH 24, 2011.
Affiliated University: Autonomous University
Mode Of Admission: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a common admission test for candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech programme.
Ranking: 6th Rank among all IITs
Fee: Per semester except first sem: INR 13,960 | Fee at time of admission: INR 19,785
Branches & intakes:
- Computer Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
IT-BHU JEE Cutoff: Opening Rank: AIR 109 | Closing Rank: AIR 4071
IT BHU 2011 Batch Placement Stats:
Highest Salary(in lakhs) 16.5 Average Salary(in lakhs) 4.9
Over 95% of the students were placed
Branch No of Students No of offers Ceramic 22 42 Chemical 44 71 Civil 30 67 Computer 40 60 Electrical 51 109 Electronics 54 89 Mechanical 49 113 Metallurgy 32 60 Mining 36 84 Pharmacy 1 1 TOTAL 359 696 M.Tech & M.Pharm 172 55 MCA/M.Sc. - 47 GRAND TOTAL 531 798
- The campus spread over 1350 acres was built on land donated by the Kashi Naresh, the hereditary ruler of Banaras. Apart from the main campus, the Rajiv Gandhi South Campus covering 2,760-acre is at Barkatcha near the city of Mirzapur, about 80 kilometers from Banaras.
- It has 140 teaching departments and more than 55 hostels for boys and girls. The total enrollment in the university stands at just over 15000, including students from all over India and abroad. Several of its colleges, including engineering (IT-BHU), science, linguistics, journalism & mass communication, law and medicine (IMS-BHU), Faculty of Management Studies, are ranked amongst the best in India.
- Out of these IT-BHU is set to become India’s 16th IIT, IIT-BHU from the academic session 2010 .Also, the university is well known for its Department of French studies which offers degree and diploma courses. BHU is ranked as the second best university in the field of research in India after Delhi University.It is also ranked as the best overall university of India on all parameters as per the India Today magazine dated 2 June 2010
Central Library: The Central Library is one of the largest libraries of the country. It was established in the Telang Hall of the Central Hindu College in the Kamachha campus of the University in 1916, with a small but precious collection donated by Professor P.K.Talang. Nurtured in its infancy Bu the renowned historian Sir Jadunath Sarkar, it had eminent scholars of the library science like Dr.S.R.Ranganathan, the father of Library movement in India, as its Libraries.
The Central Library changed its location to present building, in 1941, situated in the main campus. The construction of the present majestic building was started in 1927 with a very generous donation from Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad of Baroda after whom it has been named. This elegant building was designed on the suggestion of Mahamana Malaviyaji.
Hostel Facilities: There are 60 hostels (including 17 Girls Hostel) with an accommodation capacity of 9128 students (7003 boys and 2125 girls) in the campus
Address: Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, VARANASI – 221005 (UP) INDIA
QUERIES Please…………..Similar Threads:
- IIT Bombay 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Facilities, Branches, Fee structure
- NIT Warangal 2012 admission | cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussion
- IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking
- HBTI Kanpur 2011 Admission | Cut Offs, Ranking, Placements, Fees, Intake & other Disc
- IIT Bhubaneswer 2012 Admission, cut Offs, Placements,Campus, hostels
- Download Study Material
- College Life
- Entrance Exam
- Previous Years Q/A
- Colleges List