Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers
12 LastLast

Thread: IT-BHU Varanasi 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking, Hostels

Popular topic for study

scope of alternative energy system in India

During the last five decades of planning, the energy sector in India has grown by leaps and bounds, both in terms of size, coverage and technological sophistication Read this topic
    Junior FaaDoO Engineer

City : Varanasi

Favorite 32 IT-BHU Varanasi 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking, Hostels

Hi Faadoosss,

This is Nilanjna from IT-BHU and I am here to answer your queries regarding IIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
    This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding IT- BHU.

Here's some Information about college.

About IT-BHU : After the establishment of the Indian Institutes of Technology, the three premier engineering institutions of BHU viz., BENCO, MINMET and TECHNO were merged to form the Institute of Technology (IT-BHU) to provide a strong and integrated educational base. Thus our Institute came into fullfledged existence in 1971.

To preserve its excellence and national character, the earlier system of region-wise admission (via merit lists) has been replaced by admission procedures through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE of the IITs) for undergraduate courses and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE conducted by the IITs & IISc.) for the post-graduate courses. The Institute has so far produced more than 23500 B.Tech. graduates, 3600 M. Techs., 800 Doctoral and one D.Sc. degree holders.

Since its formation, the Institute of Technology has not only developed to become a premier educational institution producing graduate engineers with sound scientific and technological background, but has grown into a Centre which provides versatile postgraduate training and conducts advanced research in Engineering and Technology. A large number of alumni of the Institute are occupying top positions in many leading industries, educational institutions and research establishments in India and abroad. Many of them have established their own industries/ companies and several are serving in diverse Governmental Departments/Agencies.

CONVERSION OF IT-BHU INTO IIT (BHU), Varanasi HAS BEEN PASSED BY LOK SABHA ON MARCH 24, 2011.

Affiliated University: Autonomous University

Mode Of Admission: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a common admission test for candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech programme.

Ranking: 6th Rank among all IITs

Fee: Per semester except first sem: INR 13,960 | Fee at time of admission: INR 19,785

Branches & intakes:

• Computer Engineering
    • Ceramic Engineering
    • Chemical Engineering
    • Civil Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Electronics Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Metallurgical Engineering
    • Mining Engineering
    • Pharmaceutical Engineering

Applied Departments
    • Applied Chemistry
    • Applied Mathematics
    • Applied Physics

IT-BHU JEE Cutoff: Opening Rank: AIR 109 | Closing Rank: AIR 4071

IT BHU 2011 Batch Placement Stats:

Highest Salary(in lakhs) 16.5
    Average Salary(in lakhs) 4.9

Over 95% of the students were placed

Branch No of Students No of offers
    Ceramic 22 42
    Chemical 44 71
    Civil 30 67
    Computer 40 60
    Electrical 51 109
    Electronics 54 89
    Mechanical 49 113
    Metallurgy 32 60
    Mining 36 84
    Pharmacy 1 1
    TOTAL 359 696
    M.Tech & M.Pharm 172 55
    MCA/M.Sc. - 47
    GRAND TOTAL 531 798

Campus Facilities:

• The campus spread over 1350 acres was built on land donated by the Kashi Naresh, the hereditary ruler of Banaras. Apart from the main campus, the Rajiv Gandhi South Campus covering 2,760-acre is at Barkatcha near the city of Mirzapur, about 80 kilometers from Banaras.
    • It has 140 teaching departments and more than 55 hostels for boys and girls. The total enrollment in the university stands at just over 15000, including students from all over India and abroad. Several of its colleges, including engineering (IT-BHU), science, linguistics, journalism & mass communication, law and medicine (IMS-BHU), Faculty of Management Studies, are ranked amongst the best in India.
    • Out of these IT-BHU is set to become India’s 16th IIT, IIT-BHU from the academic session 2010 .Also, the university is well known for its Department of French studies which offers degree and diploma courses. BHU is ranked as the second best university in the field of research in India after Delhi University.It is also ranked as the best overall university of India on all parameters as per the India Today magazine dated 2 June 2010

Central Library: The Central Library is one of the largest libraries of the country. It was established in the Telang Hall of the Central Hindu College in the Kamachha campus of the University in 1916, with a small but precious collection donated by Professor P.K.Talang. Nurtured in its infancy Bu the renowned historian Sir Jadunath Sarkar, it had eminent scholars of the library science like Dr.S.R.Ranganathan, the father of Library movement in India, as its Libraries.

The Central Library changed its location to present building, in 1941, situated in the main campus. The construction of the present majestic building was started in 1927 with a very generous donation from Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad of Baroda after whom it has been named. This elegant building was designed on the suggestion of Mahamana Malaviyaji.

Hostel Facilities:
    There are 60 hostels (including 17 Girls Hostel) with an accommodation capacity of 9128 students (7003 boys and 2125 girls) in the campus

Address: Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, VARANASI – 221005 (UP) INDIA

QUERIES Please…………..

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

Branch: : Some other branch

City : Hyderabad/Secundrabad

Re: IT-BHU Varanasi 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking, Hoste

Hi, How is the electronics enginnering branch in bhu and what is the difference between electronics and electonics & communication enginnering , which group is best amng electronics, electrical,mechanical & cse in bhu ? plz rply...

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

City : Bangalore

Re: IT-BHU Varanasi 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking, Hoste

hey,
    the main diff. in electronics n electronics & Communication is.... all subjects are based on core electronics in electronics engg. but in electronics & communication there are some subjects are of communication like routers GSM etc.....................
    IT-BHU IIT so any branch which u take here so it'll be enough good...................

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

Branch: : Some other branch

City : Hyderabad/Secundrabad

Hi,
    Will u get IIT degree after ur b.tech in IT bhu ?
    What abt placement in electronics in bhu ?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by benith View Post
    Hi,
    Will u get IIT degree after ur b.tech in IT bhu ?
    What abt placement in electronics in bhu ?
    hey,
    ya defiantly form 2011 IT-BHU became one of IITs officially so degree will be off IIT.............
    placements are really good in IT-BHU so u don't have to wry about placements......
    could u please tel me about your rank in IIT-JEE???

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

Branch: : THIS DOES NOT APPLY ON ME!

City : Chandigarh

got rank 3935 jee 2012
    hopefully getting
    -chemical
    -mathematics and computing
    in bhu
    Need info about the recent placement package stats of these particular depts
    Also suggest alternatives in other IITs at my rank.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit21122012 View Post
    got rank 3935 jee 2012
    hopefully getting
    -chemical
    -mathematics and computing
    in bhu
    Need info about the recent placement package stats of these particular depts
    Also suggest alternatives in other IITs at my rank.
    hi,
    if i talk about placements of this year so I've already mentioned it in this tread...................... Is 3935 your state AIR rank???;;;;;;;;;;; what is your state and category???..............

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

Branch: : Electrical Engineering

City : Vishakhapatnam

Hi,

Could any one let me know the brach wise placements with packages?

Thanks & Regards,
    Chakradhar

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

City : Nagpur

Hi didi,my a.i.r is 758 in s.c category........i can get electronics eng. In iit bhu...........but can u tell me is it better than chemical in iit guwahati...........also can u tell the highest salary offered in electronics last year.......please reply soon........:-)

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by jayesh_wasnik View Post
    Hi didi,my a.i.r is 758 in s.c category........i can get electronics eng. In iit bhu...........but can u tell me is it better than chemical in iit guwahati...........also can u tell the highest salary offered in electronics last year.......please reply soon........:-)
    hey dear,
    your rank is really nice and u can easily get ec in iit bhu............... according to placements and market electronics is far better than chemical so u should go for chemical ok............................

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

City : Nagpur

Thanks fr ur advice.....also is electrical better than electronics..............can u tell any website where i can get details about electronics.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by jayesh_wasnik View Post
    Thanks fr ur advice.....also is electrical better than electronics..............can u tell any website where i can get details about electronics.
    Your welcome dear ............... there are many sites are there for electronics but at your level the best site is Wikipedia................ just check it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro................:)
    Last edited by faadoo.nitika; 6th June 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

City : Delhi

mam i m expecting to get electronics in iit bhu.can u pls give me some info about current placement stats of electronics department (btech 4 yr).my aieee rnk is 472.pls reply soon

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by mayank32 View Post
    mam i m expecting to get electronics in iit bhu.can u pls give me some info about current placement stats of electronics department (btech 4 yr).my aieee rnk is 472.pls reply soon
    hey,
    i've already mentioned the placement data in the thread....................

Junior FaaDoO Engineer

Branch: : Computer Science Engineering

City : Ahmedabad

hi! can u pls tell me the avg. packages amd placements for chemical engineering. also can u pls tell me the scope of chemical engineering in it-bhu, is the chemical engineering good. pls i'l be thankful to u.

12 LastLast