This is Khanak from IIT Mandi and I am here to answer your queries regarding IIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding IIT Mandi.
Here some Information about college.
About IIT Mandi:
Affiliated University: Autonomous University
- The laying of the foundation stone at Kamand, the site for the permanent campus of IIT Mandi, took place on 24th February 2009.
- The IIT Mandi Cell was set up at the IIT Roorkee on 18th March 2009, to steer the activities of the IIT Mandi .
- A Preliminary Project Report ( PPR ) outlining a road map of 10 years for development of academic program, campus development and related issues was finalized initially on 25.4.2009. A major component of the report was development of a scaled drawing of the 538 Acres of land at Kamand and its land-use-plan. The report was submitted to Govt. of H.P. in April 2009.
- The admission of the First batch of students of IIT Mandi took place in July 2009 and their classes were conducted from 27thJuly 2009, onwards. Staying arrangement for IIT Mandi students was made in student hostels, Rajendra Bhawan (Boys) and Kasturba Bhawan (Girls).
Mode Of Admission in 2012-13:
Students are admitted to undergraduate courses through an All-India competition known as Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by all the seven IIT's along with IT-BHU and ISM-Dhanbad, at various centres across the country in which more than 4,72,000 candidates compete for around 8,295 seats.
IIT Mandi Fee Structure:
The fee structure for BTECH students is given below -
Institution Fees 39920 4000 "Registrar IIT Mandi" Payable at IIT Mandi (H.P.) Hostels/Mess Fees 15500/- 15500/- "IIT Mandi Hostel A/c" Payable at IIT Mandi (H.P.)
Branches & intakes:
Cut Offs in 2011:
- Computer science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Opening Rank: AIR 118
- Closing Rank: AIR 4610
- Branch wise & category wise data available
- Established by the first batch of IIT MANDI 2009-10, aims at laying a strong foundation for all the future batches.
- This cell consists of 17 members all working hard for this common cause. The mentoring institute IIT ROORKEE has played a major role in the layout of our functioning and in helping us realize our goals and objectives. With proper dedication and methods we are sure to emulate the standards of the on campus recruitments of our mentoring institute.
- The current objective of our cell includes collecting information about various companies and training individuals to form a strong personality. Mock Group Discussions and Interviews are a few of the various activities envisioned to achieve the above mentioned goals.
- Our plans for the years to come include helping students to get engaged in internships, the establishment of a placement cell in IIT MANDI and inviting companies for on campus placement
Central library: Welcome to Central Library, IIT Mandi a very special place in the IIT Campus with its rich collection of books and journals in the field of Engineering, Science & Technology and related areas, the efficiency and effectiveness of our electronic resources and our professional services. Library stands as a unique Knowledge Centre that offers access to essential and specialized information resources and services to meet the growing information needs. Library operations are automated using KOHA LMS. Library currently houses over 9500 books and provide access to more than 2000 e-journals. Our mission is to enhance and enable discovery through the effective utilization of information resources.
- It is an autonomous university located in Mandi. It is the youngest Indian Institute of Technology in India, established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, in 2009. It is mentored by IIT Roorkee, which hosted the first batch of students. Presently, IIT Mandi functions from transit campus at Mandi town in Himachal Pradesh. Permanent campus (about 12 km from historic city of Mandi) is under construction along Uhl River (a tributary of River Beas) at Kamand, Mandi. The institute admits students into various B.Tech., M.S, and Ph.D. programs (as of 2010).
- The permanent campus is about 12 kilometers (7.5 mi) from Mandi town. The location is in the forested hills of kmand on the banks of the Uhl, a tributary of River Beas. A total of 565 acres (229 ha) of land has been allocated for the campus by the government of Himachal Pradesh.In July 2010, classes will shift to a transit campus in Mandi town. Occupation of the permanent campus in Kamand is slated for 2011.
- Renuka Hall for the girls, where 19 students are accommodated, is adjacent to the Administration Block, just above the Mandi Bus stand. Facilities:- Attached mess providing homely food, including South Indian items, Wi-Fi connection in the rooms, Visitors room, LCD TV, Washing Machine with helper to wash clothes, Badminton court etc. A care taker to look after the daily routine matters along with a warden, assistant warden and a resident warden to address the problems of the students on a day to day basis.
- Beas Kund Hall for MS/PHD students, where 10 male students are accommodated, is adjacent to the Administration Block, just above the Mandi Bus stand. Facilities:- Attached mess providing homely food, including South Indian items, WI-Fi connection in the rooms.
- Suvalsar for first year students, where 95 male students are accommodated, is adjacent to the Academic Block, just opposite the Mandi Bus stand. Facilities:- Attached mess providing homely food, including South Indian items, Visitors room, LCD TV, Washing Machine, Table Tennis, Badminton & Volley Ball courts etc. A care taker to look after the daily routine matters along with a warden and assistant warden to address the problems of the students on a day to day basis.
- Dashir for second and third year students, where 104 male students are accommodated, inside Mandi Town, at a distance of 2 km from the Mandi Bus stand. Facilities:- Attached mess providing homely food, including South Indian items, Wi-Fi internet connection, Visitors room, LCD TV, Washing Machine, Table Tennis, Badminton court etc. A care taker to look after the daily routine matters along with a warden & assistant warden to address the problems of the students on a day to day basis.
Indian Institute Of Technology, Mandi, PWD Rest House Near Bus Stand, Mandi - 175 001, Himachal Pradesh India
All your QUERIES are welcome.........Similar Threads:
- IT-BHU Varanasi 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking, Hostels
- IIT Bombay 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Facilities, Branches, Fee structure
- IIT Kanpur 2012 Admission, cutoffs, placements, facilities, Ranking, Fee Structure
- NIT Warangal 2012 admission | cutoff, ranking, placements, fee, branches Discussion
- IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking
- Download Study Material
- College Life
- Entrance Exam
- Colleges List