WE HAVE RECENTLY ADDED THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR 2013 BATCH VITEEE: CLICK HERE
This is Vikas from vellore Institute of Technology Vellore, and I am here to answer your queries regarding VIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here is some Information about college.
About Vellore Institute of Technology: Vellore Engineering College was founded by Mr. G. Viswanathan in 1984. 2001, saw the institute being was awarded the status of deemed university by the Human Resources Development Ministry, Government of India and then the name of the institute was changed from Vellore Engineering College to Vellore Institute of Technology.
Then in September 2006, again it was renamed as VIT University as per a new decree issued by the ‘University Grants Commission’ enabling all deemed universities to change their name to 'university’. VIT University is one of the fastest emerging institutes and a center of excellence in Engineering and technical education offering at present 32 postgraduate and 18 undergraduate programmes separately from research programmes leading to M.S. (By Research), M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees.
The courses are recognized by national agencies such as NAAC (UGC), NBA (AICTE) and Institution of Engineers (India).
Affiliated University: VIT University, Vellore
Mode Of Admission in VIT University:
Exam Accepted : AIEEE
Exam Eligibility : The minimum academic qualification through AIEEE 2011 is a pass final examination of 10+2 (Class 12th) or IT’s equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination. Those appear in 10+2 (Class 12th) final or equivalent examination may also appear in AIEEE 2011 and consideration provisional admission.
Exam Accepted: VITEEE
VITEEE 2012 Eligibility
Ranking: Outlook has rated the college as the 21st best college in India overall!
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemical and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB).
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST, students hailing from Jammu Kashmir and from the North Eastern states.
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical engineering and Biotechnology programmes.
- Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in March/April are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should not be more than 20 years old.
B.TECH. DEGREE PROGRAMME - 2012 Tuition Fee (Per Annum) 89,000 * Special Fees (Inclusive of examination fee, library fee & etc.) [per annum] 21,000 Total fees (per annum) 1,10,000 * after concession One time payment of Admission fee 10,000and caution deposit (refundable) 3000 will be extra
MBA and MBA(IB) TUITION FEES [per annum] 1,50,000 Admission Fee [One time payment] 5,000 Special Fees[Inclusive of Examination, Library Fee etc] [per annum] 65,000 Caution Deposit [Refundable] 3,000
Branches & intakes:
Cutoff in 2011:
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & communication Engineering
- Electronics(Instrumentation & control) Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Bio Technology
The minimum level of acceptance :
The candidate has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science. The candidate has qualified AIEEE-2009 with at least 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST candidates).
Last rank admitted through AIEEE was 69232 in the Industrial Engineering Program!
- B.Tech (CSE) 354
- B.Tech (IT) 250
- B.Tech (ECE) 385
- B.Tech (EEE) 175
- B.Tech (EIE) 95
- B.Tech (Mechanical & Energy) 57
- B.Tech (Bioinformatics) 75
- B.Tech (Biotechnology) 194
- B.Tech (Biomedical) 52
- B.Tech (Mechanical) 224
- B.Tech (Chemical) 25
- B.Tech (Civil) 37
- M.Tech (CSE) 86
- M.Tech (IT) 78
- M.Tech (Communication) 58
- M.Tech(CAD/CAM) 37
- M.Tech (VLSI) 77
- M.Tech (Power Electronics) 33
- M.Tech (Mechatronics) 30
- M.Tech (Sensor Systems) 28
- M.Tech (Nanotechnology) 11
- M.Tech.(Biomedical) 14
- M.Tech (Automotive Electronics) 30
- M.Tech (Energy & Environmental) 18
- M.Tech (Biotechnology) 13
- M.Tech (Structural Engineering) 26
- MS (SE) 234
- MCA 150
- M.Sc (CS) 22
- M.Sc (Biotechnology) 6
- M.Sc (Biomedical Genetics) 2
- M.Sc (Electronics) 8
- M.Sc (Pharma) 5
- M.Sc (Chemistry) 3
- B.Sc (CS) 64
- B.Com 13
- BCA 26
- Audio-Video Aids
- Central Computing Facility
- Wi-Fi enabled lecture halls
- Internet Cafe
- Sports and Games
- Training and placement cell
- Medical facilities
17 hostels are located in VIT campus. There are Thirteen Men's Hostels, which accommodate 7000 students in single, two and three bedded, four bedded and six bedded rooms. A gym facility is also attached with well maintained swimming pool.
The Four Women's Hostels have room for 3200 students. Women students have access to gym facilities and a newly built swimming pool inside one of these hostel premises. Individual metering service for those who want air-conditioning facilities is also provided. Optional washing services are provided in well maintained separate washing areas.
A spacious Visitors' Lounge has recently been added for the benefit of visiting parents/guardians, supplementing the residential guesthouse facilities available. The spotlessly maintained and spacious vegetarian and non-vegetarian dining halls in the hostels serve wholesome, nutritious food with the help of a unique steam cooking facility. Foreign students can also choose from a limited list of special food items. A Chinese mess is functioning separately.
Address: VIT University, Vellore Campus Vellore - 632 014