This is Vikas from vellore Institute of Technology Vellore, and I am here to answer your queries regarding VIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here some Information about college.
About Vellore Institute of Technology:
Affiliated University: VIT University, Vellore
- The Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute was given its present title on January 26, 1997. Founded in 1887, it was then known as Victoria Jubilee Technical Institute.
- The institute is reputed for excellent training in courses in engineering and technology at diploma and, degree and post graduate levels over three thousand students. Over twenty seven courses are offered at the undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, postgraduate diploma and post diploma levels.The institute was granted financial and academic autonomy from June 21, 2004.
- As a result, the autonomous VJTI has implemented the revised syllabus for the students in June 2004 at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels by implementing much valued credit system. The revised scheme of examinations, which follows a grading system and letter grade point system has been implemented. An important part of curriculum is the practically oriented project at the final year of graduation and the dissertations offered by the postgraduate students, as also the in-plant training undergone by the Third Year Diploma students.
Mode Of Admission in 2012-13:
Exam Accepted : AIEEE
Exam Eligibility : The minimum academic qualification through AIEEE 2011 is a pass final examination of 10+2 (Class 12th) or IT’s equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination. Those appear in 10+2 (Class 12th) final or equivalent examination may also appear in AIEEE 2011 and consideration provisional admission.
Ranking: Top 35 private colleges in india
- Tuition fee: 15000 INR
- Development Fee: 10000 INR
- other fees(college,mess,clubs ,hostel etc): 19250 INR
Branches & intakes:
- Total Fee: 44000 INR
· Civil Engineering (total number os seats avilable are 60)
· Mechanical Engineering (total number os seats avilable are 60)
· Electrical Engineering (total number os seats avilable are 60)
· Production Engineering (total number os seats avilable are 40)
· Textile Technology (total number os seats avilable are 20)
· Electronics Engineering (total number os seats avilable are 60)
· Computer Engineering (total number os seats avilable are 60)
· Information Technology (total number os seats avilable are 60)
Cut Offs in 2011:
Minimum marks required in MHCET: 110 for textile engineering
College doesnt release figures as per policy.
But it enjoys 90%+ placements....
- Established in 1887, the V. J. T. Institute started with only two departments, namely the Sir J. J. School of Mechanical Engineering and the Ripon Textile School for the two branches of industry in which Bombay was vitally interested at the time. The aim was to with a desire to meet the technical manpower requirements of Bombay. The first step in the expansion of the Institute was taken in 1903 when courses in Electrical Engineering were introduced.
- The Technical & Applied Chemistry Department was added in 1906 which was followed in 1914 by the Department of Sanitary Engineering. In 1913 by G. R. No. 1850 of 27th June, the institute was recognised by the Government of Bombay as the Central Technological Institute, Bombay Province. In the early days, the Institute was housed in Byculla in a building donated for the purpose by Sir Dinshaw Maneckji Petit. In the course of development, the Institute’s building at Byculla proved insufficient for the growing number of students who sought admission and soon after the First World War in 1923, the Institute moved to its present and more commodious, specially constructed building at Matunga, which represents the most important landmark in the history of the Institute.
- This would not have been possible but for the liberal grants given by the Government and the Bombay Millowners’ Association. A new block of northern light roof type construction was added in 1931 for housing the textile machinery and equipment which was obtained through the kind offices of Sir Ness Wadia.
The VJTI library is situated on the first floor of the north wing of the main building. It has two main halls, the reference section and the home lending sections.The reference section provides current periodicals and books in demand and has a seating capacity for 180 students.
The library subscribes to a variety of leading engineering publications including some titles of
- Textile Institute UK
- The institutes’ Hostels, which offer accommodation for a total of 554 students are located at the southern end of the campus. They comprise four blocks A, B, C, and D. Accommodation is given to 110 new students in all branches every year on the basis of merit-cum-need. Preference is given to students residing outside the city of Mumbai.There are four messes run by students. Hostel fees are based on three seaters, two seaters or single seater including electricity charges. The hostel students’ amenities fund and medical charges are payable at the begining of each term.
The hostels are provided with dining halls and the residents organize themselves into clubs and run the messes under the control of Joint Managing Committee of the students’ Messes (JMC). There are four messes at present and each mess has an elected General Secretary, Joint Secretary and an Auditor.Hostel accommodation is available for students enrolled for each full time course. All attempts are made to provide hostel accommodation to as many students as possible. However, it is not possible to provide hostel accommodations to all the applicants. The students waiting for hostel accommodations in the first semester will have to make their own arrangement to stay in the city up to the time they are finally admitted to the hostel. Applications for hostel accommodations should be made on the prescribed form available from the office of the hostel after admission to the institute is confirmed.
HR Mahajani Marg Matunga, Mumbai 400019.
Official Website: www.vjti.ac.in