Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Admissions, CutOff, Placements, Ranking, Fee - Discussions

Favorite 32 IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Admissions, CutOff, Placements, Ranking, Fee - Discussions

IIIT Hyderabad btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities: Click Here

Hi FaaDoOs..

This is the discussion thread for IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Admissions. Here you can discuss anything and everything about this college.

Lets start off with some useful information about IIIT-Hyderabad--

The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H) is an autonomous university founded in 1998. It was set up as a not-for-profit public private partnership (NPPP) and is the first IIIT to be set up (under this model) in India. The Government of Andhra Pradesh lent support to the institute by grant of land and buildings. A Governing Council consisting of eminent people from academia, industry and government presides over the governance of the institution.

Mode of Admissions : AIEEE

Streams at Graduate level

• B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (4 years)
    • B.Tech and MS in Computer Science and Engineering (5 years) [Combined Intake: 145]
    • B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering (4 Years)
    • B.Tech and MS in Electronics and Communications Engineering (5 Years) [combined Intake: 45]
    • B.Tech in Computer Science and MS in Computational Natural Sciences (5 yrs) [Intake: 15] - Not approved by AICTE
    • B.Tech in Computer Science and MS in Computational Linguistics (5 years) [Intake: 20] - Not approved by AICTE

IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Admissions Fee structure

Tuition fee Rs.62,500 (Initial deposit of Rs.25,000/- for accepting offer of admission will be adjusted against the tuition fee.)
    Caution Deposit Rs. 10,000 (One time payment. Refundable at the end of the programme)
    Admission Fee Rs. 5,000 (One time payment, non-refundable)
    Deposit for Text books Rs. 1,500 (Per Semester for first three semesters, refundable at the end of the programme)
    Hostel Fee, Water & Electric Charges Rs. 10,400per semester (For Boys on sharing basis)Rs. 10,625 per semster(For Girls on single occupancy)( Water & Electric Charges to be adjusted against actuals)
    Mess Charges Rs. 12,000 for semester I (to be adjusted against actuals )

IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Placements

• B Tech (CSE Average Salary): Rs.10.49 lac (Domestic)
    • B Tech (ECE Average Salary): Rs.7.8 lac
    • Offshore Companies Average Salary: $ 97,700
    • MS by Research (CSE Average Salary): Rs.10.73 lac
    • MS by Research (ECE Average Salary): Rs.6.5 lac
    • MS by Research (Bioinformatics Average Salary): Rs.4.42 lac
    • M Tech (CSE Average Salary): Rs.10.98 lac
    • M Tech (CSIS Average Salary): Rs.8.34 lac
    • M Tech (CL Average Salary): Rs.8.5 lac
    • M Tech (VLSI Average Salary): Rs.9.17 lac
    • M Tech (Bioinformatics Average Salary): Rs.3.47 lac
    • M Tech (CASE Average Salary): Rs.4.43 lac

Campus Facilities :

Central library: We have developed a Multimedia Database of all the Content that has been developed. The database basically comprises of Videos, Images, Animations, Scripts etc., which can be browsed and downloaded as and when required. We intend to make this database comprehensive and freely available in due course. Snapshots of the Resource library can be seen below.

Hostel: IIIT-H is a residential Institute and it is compulsory for all students to stay on-campus. Four separate hostels for boys and One girls hostel are available on-campus. Double/Triple occupancy room for Boys and Single/Double occupancy for Girls with basic furniture is provided. Student has to bring a bed roll of size 3′ x 6′, one scientific calculator and pair of sports shoes. Hostels will be available for temporary occupation one day before the registration.

Address
    Language Technologies Research Center International Institute of Information Technology Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032, India

Now its time for your queries!!!

Last edited by ajaytopgun; 17th June 2014 at 10:02 AM.

Re: IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Admissions, CutOffs, Placements, Ranking, Fee Discussions

The placement figure given by you is of 2011 , not of 2012. Placement figure for 2012 will come soon , and it is much higher than last year.

Re: IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Admissions, CutOffs, Placements, Ranking, Fee Discussions

Hi,

I am looking for admissions into Undergraduate Programs (CSE/ECE) at IIITH under the DASA Scheme. I am aware that this is based on SAT II Scores and an interview process.

Based on 2011 Admissions (under DASA), can you please let me know
    - the criteria for getting called for interview
    - what is the minimum cut off to get called for interview,
    - what is expected during the interview & the focus of interview,
    - finally what are the final cut offs for selection into the above streams @ IIIT H

Thanks

OM

I am very much interested in Computer Science and wish to pursue CS in Engineering. Now, I have given the IIT-JEE and I am expecting a reasonably good rank in it, though insufficient to get me into the CS program in the best 5-6 IITs. Now my point of concern is that, should I instead choose to go for admission into IIIT-Hyd CS which I am quite confident of getting, or opt for other streams in the top IITs? I am willing to forego CS if it so happens that my career wouldn't be as bright if I do not pursue it from the IITs. I have been hearing comparisons of IIIT-Hyd with the IITs as an excellent alternative for CS and that it is on par with them. What do you think of these claims? Are they sufficiently true? I'd be highly indebted to you if you would give me your opinion about it.

Re: IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Admissions, CutOff, Placements, Ranking, Fee - Discussions

CAN I get cs in iith at a score of 230?
    Last edited by matham.kamalkaran; 30th April 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Re: IIIT Hyderabad 2012 Admissions, CutOff, Placements, Ranking, Fee - Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by matham.kamalkaran View Post
    CAN I get cs in iith at a score of 230?
    This thread is about IIIT-H dude, not IIT-H!

Can i get cs in iiith at a score of something about 230 in aieee 2012?

Can i get cs in iiith at a score of something about 230 in aieee 2012?
    hey,
    please tel me about your category and state .????

Quote Originally Posted by Trisha.IIITH View Post
    hey,
    please tel me about your category and state .????
    didi, does IIIT-H have state quota?!

General and Gujarat

General and Gujarat
    See as per last years record the chances are very low but all the best any ways

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sumzz View Post
    didi, does IIIT-H have state quota?!
    sorry my typo there....

Hi this is awesome forum & evryone is quite quick in replying. i m in SC category,frm maharashtra,scoring 150/360,can i get comp science in iiith.....if not which branch can i get....

Quote Originally Posted by jayesh_wasnik View Post
    Hi this is awesome forum & evryone is quite quick in replying. i m in SC category,frm maharashtra,scoring 150/360,can i get comp science in iiith.....if not which branch can i get....
    Hi See the exact cut off for sc is not disclosed as of now however you stand a very good chance of getting into the college, so all the best ......

Quote Originally Posted by sumzz View Post
    I am very much interested in Computer Science and wish to pursue CS in Engineering. Now, I have given the IIT-JEE and I am expecting a reasonably good rank in it, though insufficient to get me into the CS program in the best 5-6 IITs. Now my point of concern is that, should I instead choose to go for admission into IIIT-Hyd CS which I am quite confident of getting, or opt for other streams in the top IITs? I am willing to forego CS if it so happens that my career wouldn't be as bright if I do not pursue it from the IITs. I have been hearing comparisons of IIIT-Hyd with the IITs as an excellent alternative for CS and that it is on par with them. What do you think of these claims? Are they sufficiently true? I'd be highly indebted to you if you would give me your opinion about it.
    yes DUDE IIIT-H CSE is at par with IITs cse as average package for iiit-h is 10 lakh which is almost the same to that of IITs
    so,if you get it,then go for it

can i get in ece in iiit-hwith 200 marks in aieee.?i hav obc cateogry

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast