This is Sneha lal from Maharastra institute Of Technology, Pune and I am here to answer your queries regarding MIT Pune admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here's some Information about college.
About Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT):
- Maharashtra Academy of Engineering and Education Research (MAEER)'s Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Pune, is an engineering college affiliated to the University of Pune, India.
- Established in 1983 by Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad, it is among the first engineering colleges in the private sector in Maharashtra.
- According to Outlook magazine rankings 2009, MIT Pune ranked amongst the nation's top 20 engineering colleges.
Affiliated University: University Of Pune
Mode Of Admission in 2012-13:
- Admission to the undergraduate courses is through the Maharashtra-Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) for the state allocated seats (65%) and
- through the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) for the all-India seats.
Ranking: Top 20 private colleges in India
Fee: The fee structure for the BE course is different for the general candidates and the reserved candidates. It is usually affordable for all students. The tuition fee for the course is Rs.15,000/-. An amount of Rs.5000/- is charged for the development fee and there will be additional fee for other particulars. And a total of Rs.24, 320/- has to be paid by the student at the time of admission. The total fee for the students belonging to deprived category is Rs.9320/- only.
For General Candidates:
Fee Particulars Fees Tuition Fee RS.58000/- Development Fee RS.12,000/- Pune University Fee RS.637/- Total RS.70,637/-
Branches & intakes: MIT offers undergraduate engineering studies(B.E) in nine disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical (Sandwich) Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Polymer Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
Cut Offs in 2011: Minimum marks required in MHCET: 110 for textile engineering
- The college has a well established placement cell.
- More than 300 top MNCs visit MIT for campus interview and over 80% of students are placed as soon as they reach final year!
- Average Salary in 2011: 3.2 LPA
- Highest Salary in 2011: 8.5 LPA
Campus Facilities: Each campus of MIT Pune has its own character. But they all combine state-of-the-art facilities with a friendly study environment, setting modern architecture against a backdrop of natural beauty and a special emphasis on a green environment. A lot of thought has gone into creating a stimulating environment in our campuses for study and research. The campuses are well-equipped with very good infrastructure and world-standard hostels (separate for boys and girls).
- Enough hostel accommodation is available on campus for both boys and girls.
- The campus hostel is located on Paud Road in salubrious and lush green surroundings. All the hostel buildings are provided with 24 hrs. security guards. Boys' hostel is a five storey building having accommodation for 400 students. Two separate buildings are meant for Girl-students, one in MIT School / Hostel campus near MIT boys hostel, with a capacity of 300 girl-students and the other building is located in the MIT College Campus, accommodating 175 girl-students.
- There are various facilities in hostels like - canteen, public phone, cold drinking water, hot water for bath, etc. For entertainment the T.V. sets are available in recreation halls. However, viewing time is pre-defined. A Doctor visits the hostel, twice a week to conduct medical check-up.
- Hostel accommodation is allotted to students strictly on merit basis during the first year. International students are given preference. Hostel buildings (one for boys and one building for girls) are located at S. No. 127/C, in MIT School / Hostel Campus, near Mahaganesh Colony, Opp. More Vidyalaya bus stop, Paud Road , Pune-38.
- However if you prefer to take up private accommodation, our hostel office will provide you with the necessary information of accommodation available at MIT campus. Students interested in admission to the hostel will have to apply immediately after confirming their admissions.
Address: Maharastra Institute Of Technology, S.No.124, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune 411038 Maharashtra INDIA
Ph: 91 020 30273400,
Doubts & QUERIES for admission are welcomeSimilar Threads:
- IT-BHU Varanasi 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking, Hostels
- College of Engineering, Pune(COEP) 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Ranking,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking
- TIET 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Ranking, Hostels,Fee structure
- IIT Bhubaneswer 2012 Admission, cut Offs, Placements,Campus, hostels
- Download Study Material
- College Life
- Entrance Exam
- Previous Years Q/A
- Colleges List