Zeitgeist 2014 IIT Ropar | Amalthea 2014 IIT Gandhinagar | Avishkar 2014 NIT Allahabad | MAGNIFEST 14 HIMCS | Waves 14 BITS Pilani | Zeal 15 Guru Nanak College | Arthayudh 2014 Christ University |
    + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
      Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bangalore
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Favorite 32 MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facilit

Hi Friends,

This is Sneha lal from Maharastra institute Of Technology, Pune and I am here to answer your queries regarding MIT Pune admissions for 2012-2016 batch.

This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding

Here's some Information about college.

About Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT):
      • Maharashtra Academy of Engineering and Education Research (MAEER)'s Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Pune, is an engineering college affiliated to the University of Pune, India.
      • Established in 1983 by Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad, it is among the first engineering colleges in the private sector in Maharashtra.
      • According to Outlook magazine rankings 2009, MIT Pune ranked amongst the nation's top 20 engineering colleges.
      Affiliated University: University Of Pune

Mode Of Admission in 2012-13:
      • Admission to the undergraduate courses is through the Maharashtra-Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) for the state allocated seats (65%) and
      • through the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) for the all-India seats.
      Ranking: Top 20 private colleges in India

Fee: The fee structure for the BE course is different for the general candidates and the reserved candidates. It is usually affordable for all students. The tuition fee for the course is Rs.15,000/-. An amount of Rs.5000/- is charged for the development fee and there will be additional fee for other particulars. And a total of Rs.24, 320/- has to be paid by the student at the time of admission. The total fee for the students belonging to deprived category is Rs.9320/- only.

For General Candidates:

Fee Particulars Fees
      Tuition Fee RS.58000/-
      Development Fee RS.12,000/-
      Pune University Fee RS.637/-
      Total RS.70,637/-

Branches & intakes: MIT offers undergraduate engineering studies(B.E) in nine disciplines:
      • Civil Engineering
      • Mechanical Engineering
      • Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
      • Computer Engineering
      • Information Technology
      • Mechanical (Sandwich) Engineering
      • Petroleum Engineering
      • Polymer Engineering
      • Petrochemical Engineering
      Cut Offs in 2011: Minimum marks required in MHCET: 110 for textile engineering

Sponsored Ads

Placements 2011-12:
      • The college has a well established placement cell.
      • More than 300 top MNCs visit MIT for campus interview and over 80% of students are placed as soon as they reach final year!
      • Average Salary in 2011: 3.2 LPA
      • Highest Salary in 2011: 8.5 LPA
      Campus Facilities: Each campus of MIT Pune has its own character. But they all combine state-of-the-art facilities with a friendly study environment, setting modern architecture against a backdrop of natural beauty and a special emphasis on a green environment. A lot of thought has gone into creating a stimulating environment in our campuses for study and research. The campuses are well-equipped with very good infrastructure and world-standard hostels (separate for boys and girls).

Hostel Facilities:
      • Enough hostel accommodation is available on campus for both boys and girls.
      • The campus hostel is located on Paud Road in salubrious and lush green surroundings. All the hostel buildings are provided with 24 hrs. security guards. Boys' hostel is a five storey building having accommodation for 400 students. Two separate buildings are meant for Girl-students, one in MIT School / Hostel campus near MIT boys hostel, with a capacity of 300 girl-students and the other building is located in the MIT College Campus, accommodating 175 girl-students.
      • There are various facilities in hostels like - canteen, public phone, cold drinking water, hot water for bath, etc. For entertainment the T.V. sets are available in recreation halls. However, viewing time is pre-defined. A Doctor visits the hostel, twice a week to conduct medical check-up.
      • Hostel accommodation is allotted to students strictly on merit basis during the first year. International students are given preference. Hostel buildings (one for boys and one building for girls) are located at S. No. 127/C, in MIT School / Hostel Campus, near Mahaganesh Colony, Opp. More Vidyalaya bus stop, Paud Road , Pune-38.
      • However if you prefer to take up private accommodation, our hostel office will provide you with the necessary information of accommodation available at MIT campus. Students interested in admission to the hostel will have to apply immediately after confirming their admissions.
      Address: Maharastra Institute Of Technology, S.No.124, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune 411038 Maharashtra INDIA

Ph: 91 020 30273400,

Doubts & QUERIES for admission are welcome

Last edited by ajaytopgun; 3rd April 2014 at 12:56 PM.

2. The Following User LIKES this post from Sneha lal:

nishu76652 (13th April 2012)

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pune
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus fac

hey can u pls provide placemnt stats of petroleum engg of mit for last 2 yrs......i mean even highest and avg salary data wud also do.......and the companies visiting to employ petroleum students

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pune
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus fac

koi toh ans kar do yaar!!!!!

Active FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

@nishu76652 - Petroleum is one of the most sought after branches at MIT Pune. Some of the companies that have visited the campus in the last 2-3 years are: Weatherford Oil Tool, Sungard Offshore Services, Shell Technologies, Kirloskar Oil Engines, Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation, Cairn Energy, Baker Oil Tools AMONG MANY MORE...

Avg pkg for his branch ranges from 3-4 lakh/annum.

BTW nishu..what branch are you interested in?? and what category are you from??

Quote Originally Posted by nishu76652 View Post
      hey can u pls provide placemnt stats of petroleum engg of mit for last 2 yrs......i mean even highest and avg salary data wud also do.......and the companies visiting to employ petroleum students
      Quote Originally Posted by nishu76652 View Post
      koi toh ans kar do yaar!!!!!

6. The Following User LIKES this post from Saumya:

nishu76652 (18th April 2012)

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pune
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

thanx for the reply !!!!!!!........well m interestd in mech and petroleum branch .......but wud be preffering petroleum b4 mech......m general candidate fm maharashtra only......

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

any idea how mch wud be needed in aieee in mh-cet to get petroleum in mit.......also mine jee was not gud so do suggest me any other petroleum college also.......

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pune
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

hey one more thing any idea highest package for the 2011 n 12 batches.......n what is the package offerd by the shell......

Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Ahmedabad
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

hi,
      i exactly don't know the highest package bt surely it would be gud....................................... what r u expecting from your MAEER exam???

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Palakkad
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

On seeing MIT college and knowing about its status i wish to join in MIT college.but i am an outside state candidate and i want to get to petroleum engineering through lateral entry in MIT.now i am waiting for my diploma result.my previous average mark is above 90%.is i can join in your college through merit.please reply me

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

On seeing MIT college and knowing about its status i wish to join in MIT college.but i am an outside state candidate and i want to get to petroleum engineering through lateral entry in MIT.now i am waiting for my diploma result.my previous average mark is above 90%.is i can join in your college through merit.please reply me

Read more: MIT Pune 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facilit - | FaaDoOEngineers.com http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...#ixzz1tMOo4Eiz

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bangalore
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

hi,
      I don't know about diploma holder's admission.......... for this query u should contact the admission department of the MIT because most of the time these kind of admissions done directly by management of the college...........

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Mumbai
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: MIT Pune 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facil

Are you sure about the fee structure ?? MIT PUNE comes under shikshan shulka samiti and the fees mentioned on its website is 96000 p.a
      What is the AI AIEEE rank required for electronics branch (outside maharashtra candidate) ?? Any idea

Active FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: MIT Pune 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facil

Quote Originally Posted by rahul sah View Post
      Are you sure about the fee structure ?? MIT PUNE comes under shikshan shulka samiti and the fees mentioned on its website is 96000 p.a
      What is the AI AIEEE rank required for electronics branch (outside maharashtra candidate) ?? Any idea
      @rahul sah - you are confusing with MAE Pune. The Fee for MAE is 99,000 PA. For MIT Pune, the Fee as per shikshan shulka samiti is 71k.

@Sneha lal - please take care of the cut off query

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bangalore
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by rahul sah View Post
      The AIEEE cut-off for MIT Pune is normally about 50,000 rank. It all depends on the number of applications to the college.

@rahul sah - how much score are you getting in AIEEE? What's your category?

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Raipur
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facil

hi all,
      can anyone tell, what should be the aieee ranking to get all india seats in MIT- Pune, Mechanical Branch.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bangalore
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facil

Quote Originally Posted by palash rc View Post
      hi all,
      can anyone tell, what should be the aieee ranking to get all india seats in MIT- Pune, Mechanical Branch.
      @ palash rc Wat is ur category?

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Raipur
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sneha lal View Post
      @ palash rc Wat is ur category?
      category- general

+ Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast