Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: NIT Ahmedabad 2012 Admission, CutOff, Ranking, Placements, Facility, Campus

Favorite 32 NIT Ahmedabad 2012 Admission, CutOff, Ranking, Placements, Facility, Campus

Hi Friends,

This is shikha from Nirma Institute Of Technology Ahmedabad, and I am here to answer your queries regarding NIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
    This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
    Here is some Information about college.

About Nirma Institute of Technology:

• Nirma University of Science & Technology was established in April 2003. Institute of technology is now a constituent of Nirma University of Science & Technology.
    • The Institute started in rented premises in 1995 with five under graduate programmes affiliated to Gujarat University. In 1996 the Institute started functioning in new campus & subsequently in April 2003, Nirma University was established. Institute of Technology is constituent of Nirma University. Following are the programmes offered by institute of technology,

Affiliated University: Nirma University, Ahmedabad

Mode Of Admission in 2012-13:
    • Eligibility and mode of admission shall be as prescribed by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses
    • (ACPC) constituted by Government of Gujarat. Guidelines and norms for General Category are available on our institute website and also on website of ACPC.
    • Merit list will be prepared as per rules of ACPC & admission will be granted accordingly.
    • As per ACPC guidelines, students with A or AB group shall be considered for admission to the B Tech
    • Program and preference for admission will be given on the following lines:
    • Candidates who have passed XII (Science ) from Gujarat State with A or AB group and who have
    • registred with ACPC and obtained Merit No.
    • Candidates who have passed XII (Science) from Gujarat State with A or AB group and who have
    • appeared for GUJCET -2009, but not registered with ACPC.
    • Candidates who have passed XII (Science) from Gujarat State with A or AB group and who have
    • appeared for GUJCET -2009.

Ranking: Top 20 private colleges in india

Fee :Tuition Fee per year : Rs 60000/-

Branches & intakes:
    • Electronics & Communication Engineering
    • Computer Engineering
    • Information Technology
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Civil Engineering
    • Instrumentation and Control Engineering
    • Chemical Engineering

Cutoff in NIT Ahemedabad:

• 75% Seats filled up through The Admission Committee for ProfessionalCourses (ACPC), Ahmedabad as per Govt. of Gujarat Rule.25% Seats filled up through AIEEE at Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.

• The last two years cut-off of AIEEE – 25% Quota is as under.

Placements 2011-12:
    • Engineering students graduating from Nirma University have a good reason to smile 2011. The placement of the Institute of Technology at Nirma University ( ITNU) which took more than a month to get over last year, placed around 95 per cent of its students in the first ten days in 2011.
    • With multiple job offers extended by companies like Infosys which offered jobs to 197 students for packages of Rs 3.25 lakh per annum in the placement this year, it took just around 30 companies to absorb most of the students in the first few days. While, it had taken over 70 companies and more than a month for achieving 100 per cent placement, previous year.

Computing Facility

We at Nirma University envision the Information Technology not only as critical infrastructure needed for supporting academic needs but also as a central component of the teaching learning process itself. Various ICT tools are used across the University with the support of the following computing facilities:
    More than 20 Servers & 1400+ systems are connected to the LAN
    12 Mbps Full Duplex Fiber Optic internet facility is available in the campus for 24 hours Internet facility
    The campus LAN is connected via Fiber Optic cables and Wi-Fi facilities available at some points
    Online Library facilites for access of various online reading material
    Nearly every contemporary software and developing platforms is made available to the students
    Email id’s and web site updation profiles are provided to all students and faculties
    ICT tools and instruments are being widely used for interactive teaching learning process.
    Laboratory

All laboratories are well equipped with state of art equipments, which not only cater to UG and PG programmes, but are also very useful for testing and consultancy projects. The details are available in respective departments.
    Hostel Accommodation

Hostel: Limited accommodation is available for PG Students.

Transport

A fleet of 35 buses to and fro for transporting students and staff from different locations in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar every day. Timings : As required by academic schedule.

Other Facilities
    • Canteen
    • Gymnasium
    • Spacious Auditoriums & Seminar Halls
    • Conference Rooms
    • Amphi theaters
    • Student Store
    • Bank
    • Sports

Special Facilities: Apart from the teaching by the faculty of the institute, the institute has set up facilities to receive lectures and courses delivered by prominent faculty members and experts at other institutions of repute.

Address:
    Nirma University
    Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway,
    Ahmedabad - 382 481.
    Gujarat, India.

QUERIES…………….

Re: NIT Ahmedabad 2012 Admission, CutOff, Ranking, Placements, Facility, Campus

my rank in aieee is abt 50000 general catogory + i have scored 216/240 in PCM in 12th boards...can i get admission in Nirma institute of technology in computer engineering..??..also i belong to Gujarat state itself..

Re: NIT Ahmedabad 2012 Admission, CutOff, Ranking, Placements, Facility, Campus

hello,
    my aieee score is 138 and i have a score of 254/300 in pcm gujarat board..
    my merit marks are 61.55
    can i get computer science in nirma?