Spree 2015 BITS Pilani | Icrmet--2014-IAETSD | Enthusia 2014 Sports Fest | Litrosphere, Literary Festival Pantnagar | Shaastra 2015 IIT Madras | IGNUS 2015 IIT Jodhpur | Plinth 2015 LNMIIT |
    + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 15 of 16
    1. #1
      Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Mumbai
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      28
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      27
      Groans Gifted
      1
      Groans Received
      0

      Favorite 32 BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, rank

      B M S College of Engineering Bangalore btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities Click Here:
      Hi Friends,

      This is shikha from BMS College Of Engineering Bangalore, and I am here to answer your queries regarding BMS admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
      This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
      Here some Information about college.

      About B. M. Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering :
      • The B. M. Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering, is one of the most reputed engineering college in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. The college started in 1946, was one of the first private sector initiatives in technical education in India.
      • Popularly known as "BMS", it is located on the Bull Temple Road, opposite to the famous Bull Temple. Though a private engineering college, it is partially funded by the Government of Karnataka. It has the largest student population of engineering colleges in Karnataka, drawing students from other states of India and abroad.
      • Nearly 30,000 engineers around the world hail B. M. Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering as their Alma mater. One of the oldest engineering colleges in Karnataka, it recently celebrated its "Diamond Jubilee" in 2006. It is also known for the annual inter-collegiate Techno-Cultural festival UTSAV, one of the prominent student-managed fests in the country.
      Affiliated University: Autonomous college under Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)

      Mode Of Admission in 2012-13: Merit based ON the basis of CET/AIEEE/Comed-K Rank

      Ranking: Top 20 private colleges in india

      Fee : Tuition Fee : Rs. 1,25,000/- per annum

      Branches & intakes:
      Undergraduate
      • Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
      • Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
        • Bio-Technology
        • Chemical Engineering
        • Civil Engineering
        • Computer Science & Engineering
        • Electrical & Electronics Engineering
        • Electronics & Communication Engineering
        • Industrial Engineering & Management
        • Information Science & Engineering
        • Instrumentation Engineering
        • Mechanical Engineering
        • Medical Electronics
        • Telecommunication Engineering
      Post Graduate
      • Master of Architecture (M.Arch) – Habitate Design
      • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
      • Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
      • Master of Technology(M.Tech)
        • Computer Science
        • Computer Network Engineering
        • Construction Engineering
        • Digital Communication
        • Electronics Engineering
        • Environmental Engineering
        • Machine Design
        • Power Electronics
        • Transportation Engineering & Management
      Cut Offs in 2011: Merit list will be prepared as per rules of ACPC & admission will be granted accordingl.


      Sponsored Ads


      Placements in BMS College of Engineering:

      UG Student Placement 2011

      Sl No. Branch 2011
      1. Bio-Technology 80
      2. Civil 70
      3. Mechanical 88.17
      4. Industrial Engineering Management 87.5
      5. Instrumentation 90
      6. Electrical & Electronics 93.1
      7. Electronics & Communication 96.09
      8. Telecommunication 100
      9. Information Science 100
      10. Computer Science 92.04
      11. Medical Electronics 71.42
      12. Chemical 79.54





      Click image for larger version Name:	bims.jpg Views:	107 Size:	25.3 KB ID:	10121

      Campus Facilities:
      • Hostels for boys and girls
      • Data center for research scholars
      • Scholarships
      • Library and information center
      • Auditorium
      • Sports
      • Clubs
      Hostel Facilities:
      • The BMS College of Engineering is a prestigious institution in our country, which provides accommodation to the students wishing to reside in the hostels. In a hostel like ours, one has the advantage of exposure to students from different regions, religions, languages and customs of our country. This composition of “MINI INDIA” will enable a hostelite to understand and appreciate another hostelite from other regions of our country. This is in addition to other aspects of living as one community in the hostel will lead to all-round development of personality of a hostelite and will definitely go a long way in fostering unity of our country.
      • Hostel celebrates almost all festivals celebrated across the country such as Independence day, holi, diwali, lakshmi, saraswathi and ganesha festivals etc. The annual hostel magazine is being released on the occasion of the hostel day. As a culmination of year long co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, pleasantries and prizes were distributed to the winners in recognition of their achievements on the hostel day. Every year hostel day showcases not only organizational abilities, but also active participation of all the hostelites in recreational, cultural, literary and social activities of the hostelites, who hail from various parts of the globe.
      • The college has an exclusive placement and excellent training centre to facilitate on campus placement opportunities to the students. Every year, the BMS hostelites shows remarkable results in the recruitment drive. It is proud to place on the records that, our hostelites have proved that they are among the top brains of the BMSCE. Almost entire hostel is placed and most of them have more than one job in their hands of their choice. The environment in the hostel is very conductive for placement preparations. Each and every hostelite co-operates in the placement activities by helping each other. The group studies gives every hostelites a very good opportunity to improve themselves in the areas in which they lack. The result of the strong team work shall be awesome placements from main hostels, girls hostels and international hostels
      • THE HOSTELS: The B.M.S. College of Engineering has an extensive campus of 15 acres land. The area consists of several buildings – old and modern, with well laid roads, play grounds and lawns. Apart from this, the hostel complex on the southern side of the college campus, consists of a unit of the International Hostel and the following units of Indian Hostels.
      Address: B.M.S College of Engineering
      P.O. Box No : 1908 Bull Temple Road, Basavanagudi, Bangalore - 560 019,
      Karnataka,India.



      QUERIES…………….


      Last edited by ajaytopgun; 2nd July 2014 at 11:43 AM.

    2. #2
      Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Other
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Gender
      Male
      Posts
      62
      Likes Gifted
      2
      Likes Received
      4
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      Quote Originally Posted by Shikha chauhan View Post
      Hi Friends,

      This is shikha from BMS College Of Engineering Bangalore, and I am here to answer your queries regarding BMS admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
      This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
      Here some Information about college.

      About B. M. Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering :
      • The B. M. Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering, is one of the most reputed engineering college in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. The college started in 1946, was one of the first private sector initiatives in technical education in India.
      • Popularly known as "BMS", it is located on the Bull Temple Road, opposite to the famous Bull Temple. Though a private engineering college, it is partially funded by the Government of Karnataka. It has the largest student population of engineering colleges in Karnataka, drawing students from other states of India and abroad.
      • Nearly 30,000 engineers around the world hail B. M. Sreenivasaiah College of Engineering as their Alma mater. One of the oldest engineering colleges in Karnataka, it recently celebrated its "Diamond Jubilee" in 2006. It is also known for the annual inter-collegiate Techno-Cultural festival UTSAV, one of the prominent student-managed fests in the country.
      Affiliated University: Autonomous college under Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)

      Mode Of Admission in 2012-13: Merit based ON the basis of CET/AIEEE/Comed-K Rank

      Ranking: Top 20 private colleges in india

      Fee : Tuition Fee : Rs. 1,25,000/- per annum

      Branches & intakes:
      Undergraduate
      • Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
      • Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
        • Bio-Technology
        • Chemical Engineering
        • Civil Engineering
        • Computer Science & Engineering
        • Electrical & Electronics Engineering
        • Electronics & Communication Engineering
        • Industrial Engineering & Management
        • Information Science & Engineering
        • Instrumentation Engineering
        • Mechanical Engineering
        • Medical Electronics
        • Telecommunication Engineering
      Post Graduate
      • Master of Architecture (M.Arch) – Habitate Design
      • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
      • Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
      • Master of Technology(M.Tech)
        • Computer Science
        • Computer Network Engineering
        • Construction Engineering
        • Digital Communication
        • Electronics Engineering
        • Environmental Engineering
        • Machine Design
        • Power Electronics
        • Transportation Engineering & Management
      Cut Offs in 2011: Merit list will be prepared as per rules of ACPC & admission will be granted accordingl.

      Placements in BMS College of Engineering:

      UG Student Placement 2011

      Sl No. Branch 2011
      1. Bio-Technology 80
      2. Civil 70
      3. Mechanical 88.17
      4. Industrial Engineering Management 87.5
      5. Instrumentation 90
      6. Electrical & Electronics 93.1
      7. Electronics & Communication 96.09
      8. Telecommunication 100
      9. Information Science 100
      10. Computer Science 92.04
      11. Medical Electronics 71.42
      12. Chemical 79.54




      Attachment 10121
      Campus Facilities:
      • Hostels for boys and girls
      • Data center for research scholars
      • Scholarships
      • Library and information center
      • Auditorium
      • Sports
      • Clubs
      Hostel Facilities:
      • The BMS College of Engineering is a prestigious institution in our country, which provides accommodation to the students wishing to reside in the hostels. In a hostel like ours, one has the advantage of exposure to students from different regions, religions, languages and customs of our country. This composition of “MINI INDIA” will enable a hostelite to understand and appreciate another hostelite from other regions of our country. This is in addition to other aspects of living as one community in the hostel will lead to all-round development of personality of a hostelite and will definitely go a long way in fostering unity of our country.
      • Hostel celebrates almost all festivals celebrated across the country such as Independence day, holi, diwali, lakshmi, saraswathi and ganesha festivals etc. The annual hostel magazine is being released on the occasion of the hostel day. As a culmination of year long co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, pleasantries and prizes were distributed to the winners in recognition of their achievements on the hostel day. Every year hostel day showcases not only organizational abilities, but also active participation of all the hostelites in recreational, cultural, literary and social activities of the hostelites, who hail from various parts of the globe.
      • The college has an exclusive placement and excellent training centre to facilitate on campus placement opportunities to the students. Every year, the BMS hostelites shows remarkable results in the recruitment drive. It is proud to place on the records that, our hostelites have proved that they are among the top brains of the BMSCE. Almost entire hostel is placed and most of them have more than one job in their hands of their choice. The environment in the hostel is very conductive for placement preparations. Each and every hostelite co-operates in the placement activities by helping each other. The group studies gives every hostelites a very good opportunity to improve themselves in the areas in which they lack. The result of the strong team work shall be awesome placements from main hostels, girls hostels and international hostels
      • THE HOSTELS: The B.M.S. College of Engineering has an extensive campus of 15 acres land. The area consists of several buildings – old and modern, with well laid roads, play grounds and lawns. Apart from this, the hostel complex on the southern side of the college campus, consists of a unit of the International Hostel and the following units of Indian Hostels.
      Address: B.M.S College of Engineering
      P.O. Box No : 1908 Bull Temple Road, Basavanagudi, Bangalore - 560 019,
      Karnataka,India.



      QUERIES…………….
      What was the last year cutoffs for admission through aieee (general category) at CSE.......

    3. #3
      Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Tiruchirapally
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      189
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      26
      Groans Gifted
      3
      Groans Received
      2

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      the last years AIEEE Cutoff was close to 4000

    4. #4
      Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Other
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Gender
      Male
      Posts
      62
      Likes Gifted
      2
      Likes Received
      4
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      @nitiarora : why anyone would go to this college if he will score a rank of 4000...

    5. #5
      Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Mumbai
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      28
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      27
      Groans Gifted
      1
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      @nitiarora - Please dont spread misinformation and wrong facts.

      @HURRICANE - You are correct. The cutoff mentioned above is not for AIEEE. The cut off at this college ranges from 4000-5000 COMED-K rank.
      aieee cutoff is vary every year and it depends upon no. of students apply for bms................. could u please tel me what r u expecting from your aieee score?????

    6. #6
      Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Other
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Gender
      Male
      Posts
      62
      Likes Gifted
      2
      Likes Received
      4
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      Quote Originally Posted by Shikha chauhan View Post
      @nitiarora - Please dont spread misinformation and wrong facts.

      @HURRICANE - You are correct. The cutoff mentioned above is not for AIEEE. The cut off at this college ranges from 4000-5000 COMED-K rank.
      aieee cutoff is vary every year and it depends upon no. of students apply for bms................. could u please tel me what r u expecting from your aieee score?????
      I'm expecting a rank of 35k-40k...so, what will be the other options for me...and also what was the last year cutoffs for admission through aieee...

    7. #7
      Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Chennai
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      30
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      10
      Groans Gifted
      1
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE View Post
      I'm expecting a rank of 35k-40k...so, what will be the other options for me...and also what was the last year cutoffs for admission through aieee...
      hey,
      according to last year cut off data near 30k students got admission in BMS so may be u'll get admission in any decent branch.................... in which branch r u interested??? .............and if we talk about options so could u plz tel me what is your category and state????

    8. #8
      Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Other
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Gender
      Male
      Posts
      62
      Likes Gifted
      2
      Likes Received
      4
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      Quote Originally Posted by neha sobti View Post
      hey,
      according to last year cut off data near 30k students got admission in BMS so may be u'll get admission in any decent branch.................... in which branch r u interested??? .............and if we talk about options so could u plz tel me what is your category and state????
      @neha sobti : I'm from general category and my homestate is west bengal...and also I'm interested in CSE, ECE...

    9. #9
      Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Chennai
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      30
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      10
      Groans Gifted
      1
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE View Post
      @neha sobti : I'm from general category and my homestate is west bengal...and also I'm interested in CSE, ECE...
      hey,
      Being gen category i m really sorry u can not get any good clg till 3rd counselling in west bengal but ya may be in 4th counselling u can get Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, J&K.. with cs and ec branch....

    10. #10
      Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bangalore
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Gender
      Male
      Posts
      1
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      0
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      I got 2152 rank in KCET and 4000 state rank in aieee....will i get mechanical or CSE in BMSCE under GM

      ---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

      I got 2152 in KCET and 4000 state rank in Aieee...will iget mech or CSE in BMSCE under GM.....pls reply>.........

    11. #11
      Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      13
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      0
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      Quote Originally Posted by pkalro View Post
      I got 2152 rank in KCET and 4000 state rank in aieee....will i get mechanical or CSE in BMSCE under GM

      ---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

      I got 2152 in KCET and 4000 state rank in Aieee...will iget mech or CSE in BMSCE under GM.....pls reply>.........
      hey,
      acc. to last year cutoff u have rare chances for getting admission through KCET.......................... ...... and if we talk about your state rank so may be u can try for it...................

    12. #12
      Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Dhanbad
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      2
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      0
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      please can u tell a litle more about the placement records of bms ? i have got 2636 rank in comedk ? what are the branches i can get at this rank? i mean what are the options avialable possibly at my rank?

    13. #13
      Passionate FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Meerut
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Gender
      Male
      Posts
      271
      Likes Gifted
      1
      Likes Received
      116
      Groans Gifted
      4,294,967,294
      Groans Received
      4,294,967,293

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      Quote Originally Posted by Adbitya View Post
      please can u tell a litle more about the placement records of bms ? i have got 2636 rank in comedk ? what are the branches i can get at this rank? i mean what are the options avialable possibly at my rank?
      @Adbitya , the placemt information is already given above in the first post of this thread.
      and the cut off is:

      Note : The '0' indicates seats not available in that category.
      GM stands for General Merit, PKA for Payment Karnataka. These both are categories for Karnataka students.
      PNK stands for Payment non-Karnataka. This is the only category available for non-Karnataka students.

      GM PKA PNK
      Electronics 459 0 0
      Computer 603 1856 347
      Mechanical 3365 0 0
      Electrical 2772 0 0
      Civil 13778 0 0
      Industrial Prod 7046 0 0
      Inst. Tech. 2690 4687 1392
      Architecture 9892 16355 5586
      Chemical 6051 10712 2340
      Telecomm 1033 2067 598
      Med. Electr. 2616 5396 2290
      Transport 18466 26298 9898
      Info Tech 1308 2819 957
      Manuf Sci 7914 16803 2717
      Print Tech 15532 32543 5743

    14. #14
      Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Dhanbad
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      2
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      0
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, r

      by placement i mean the avg and the highhest and the lowest package offered by the visiting or recruting comp.?
      and the gm for non - karnataka students is o in core branches lyk eee and mech. and civil, does that mean these core branches are not avialable to the non karnataka students?

    15. #15
      Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bangalore
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Gender
      Female
      Posts
      3
      Likes Gifted
      0
      Likes Received
      0
      Groans Gifted
      0
      Groans Received
      0

      Re: BMS College Of Engineering 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Fee structure, rank

      hi
      can u plz tell me about the mtech admission in BMS.
      2012 gate score in last round allotment.
      chance to get admission with gate'13 score of 361 in ECE dept.


     

    Similar Threads

    1. IT-BHU Varanasi 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking, Hostels
      By nilanjna kaur in forum JEE Advanced 2013 & Related Discussion
      Replies: 24
      Latest: 4th July 2013, 09:23 AM
    2. TIET 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Ranking, Hostels,Fee structure
      By Ashi rao in forum AIEEE Preparation tips/ AIEEE 2012 Discussion/ AIEEE Previous Papers/ AIEEE Colleges
      Replies: 40
      Latest: 4th August 2012, 06:26 PM
    3. IIT Roorkee 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Branches, Placements, Facilities, Rank, Fees
      By Siddharth upmanyu in forum JEE Advanced 2013 & Related Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Latest: 22nd June 2012, 08:20 PM
    4. IIT Hyderabad 2012 Admission, Cutoff, placements, Fee, Rank, Facilities, Hostels
      By Era Gill in forum JEE Advanced 2013 & Related Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Latest: 6th June 2012, 11:08 AM
    5. IIT Gandhinagar 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, Rank, Campus facility, Fee
      By Surbhi sharma in forum JEE Advanced 2013 & Related Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Latest: 31st March 2012, 03:24 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
     
    Loading Search...