Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 2012 admission, cutoffs, Placement, Ranking, Hostel

Favorite 32 BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 2012 admission, cutoffs, Placement, Ranking, Hostel

Hi Friends,

This is Shivam from Bangalore Institute Of Technology Bangalore, and I am here to answer your queries regarding BIT admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
    This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
    Here some Information about college.

About:
    • BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY is located in the heart of Bangalore, the "Electronic City" and "Silicon Valley" of India. The institution came into being in August, 1979 under the auspices of Vokkaligara Sangha, Bangalore. The institute offered the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science, Instrumentaion Technology Telecommunication & Information Science & Engineering. Bangalore Institute of Technology has always been at the forefront of modern technology and is credited with the introduction of the first full-fledged COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING degree in Karnataka.Thus, the institute has identified future growth areas and incorporated various courses over the years. At present B.I.T offers 9 undergraduate, 6 post graduate and a Ph.D course(s) with a student strength of more than 2500.
    • Believing strongly in the motto "Technology for Prosperity" the college has seen phenomenal growth in the last two and a half decades bringing innovation to every road we have traveled. Inside this campus the possibilities seem limitless. You will find cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art equipment and minds that push the envelope of theory and experimentation.
    • There are a number of centres carrying out inter-disciplinary research and many collaborative programmes exist between the college and other institutions, like IISc, N.A.L, etc.The chemistry department has been recognized as one of the latest research centres in the state of Karnataka. The college is also a program centre for IGNOU. Teaching & research work is also amply supported by facilities such as central library with 30000 volumes of text books and reference books, and an INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY AND RESEARCH CENTER. Besides this, the institute also offers the facilities like auditorium (1200 seating capacity), seminar hall, co-operative society, canteen, full fledged sports and cultural sections as well as hostels for boys and girls
    Affiliated University: Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum,

Mode Of Admission in 2012-13:
    • Exam Accepted : AIEEE
    • Exam Eligibility : The minimum academic qualification through AIEEE 2011 is a pass final examination of 10+2 (Class 12th) or IT’s equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination. Those appear in 10+2 (Class 12th) final or equivalent examination may also appear in AIEEE 2011 and consideration provisional admission.
    • Engineering Admission Karnataka
    • Entrance : COMEDK
    Ranking: BIT is currently placed as the best college affiliated to VTU and among top 20 private colleges in india
    Fees : Rs. 500000/- for four years.

Branches & intakes:

Streams at Graduate Level
    • Civil Engineering

• Mechanical Engineering

• Electrical & Electronics Engineering

• Electronics & Communication Engineering

• Instrumentation & Electronics

• Telecoms Electronics

• Computer Science & Engineering

• Industrial Engineering & Management

• Architecture
    Postgraduate Courses
    • M.TECH (Civil)

• M.Tech (Mechanical)

• MBA

• MCA
    Cut Offs in 2011:

Placements 2011-12:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bits.gif 
Views:	125 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	10125

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	place graph.gif 
Views:	119 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	10126

Campus Facilities:

Believing strongly in the motto “Technology for Prosperity” the college has seen phenomenal growth in the last two and a half decades bringing innovation to every road we have traveled. Inside this campus the possibilities seem limitless. You will find cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art equipment and minds that push the envelope of theory and experimentation.

Central library:
    • The BIT library came into existence in 1980. The college has a collection of about 49000+ volumes covering the principle fields of interest in engineering . The library has a good collection of Project reports, rare Books, besides these, there are books for the preparation of GATE, GRE, MAT, SAT, TOEFL Examinations. It has vast collection of audiovisual material in the CD section . The library has collections of more than 60,000 documents and has access to more than 820 electronic journals, through INDEST-AICTE Consortium for IEEE, ASCE, ASME, ESDU, DEL and Springer Link. Besides printed books and journals, library collection contains CD ROMs, online database and audio video materials, standards, specifications, project reports etc.

• The main emphasis of the B.I.T central library is on providing digital information support, which is available through campus wise network. Library services contains 1. Reference Service 2. Circulation. 3. Periodical Section 4. Digital Library 5. Book Bank
    Hostel Facilities: Separate hostel is available for Boys & Girls.

Address

BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
    K.R. ROAD , V V PURAM, BANGALORE-560004 INDIA
    Phone : +91-080-26615865 , 26613237
    Fax:+91-080-26526796

QUERIES…………….

Re: BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 2012 admission, cutoffs, Placement, Ranking, Ho

What is the highest, average and lowest package offered...

Name of companies vsited here for placements...also, can you tell me that if the college has participated in any technical fests like robotics, seminars, conferences, etc...

Also, what's the openng and closing rank of aieee for general candidates.....

Re: BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 2012 admission, cutoffs, Placement, Ranking, Ho

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE View Post
    What is the highest, average and lowest package offered...

Name of companies vsited here for placements...also, can you tell me that if the college has participated in any technical fests like robotics, seminars, conferences, etc...

Also, what's the openng and closing rank of aieee for general candidates.....
    @The college organises all kinds of technical fests
    and it has companies like Accenture, Wipro,TCS, Birla soft visiting the campus every year

The Placement graph is also going upwards ever year...

Quote Originally Posted by nitiarora View Post
    @The college organises all kinds of technical fests
    and it has companies like Accenture, Wipro,TCS, Birla soft visiting the campus every year

The Placement graph is also going upwards ever year...
    Thanks for your reply...

But can you please give a rough idea for the highest, average and lowest package offered...

And what is the opening and closing rank for CSE (for general)........

i have just passed 12th CBSE with a percentage of 91.4
    i have secured 120 marks in AIEEE. my AI rank is 71972 while in girls quota it is 51779.im 4m M.P. and my state rank is 4095 and in girls quota it is 3205.
    sir could you please suggest which branch i can get in BIT at these marks?
    I hope sir you will find some time out of your extreme busy schedule to reply to my query.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aditi mishra1 View Post
    i have just passed 12th CBSE with a percentage of 91.4
    i have secured 120 marks in AIEEE. my AI rank is 71972 while in girls quota it is 51779.im 4m M.P. and my state rank is 4095 and in girls quota it is 3205.
    sir could you please suggest which branch i can get in BIT at these marks?
    I hope sir you will find some time out of your extreme busy schedule to reply to my query.
    Thank you.
    hey,
    your percentage is really good in 12th ............... u can get admission in bit but i don't think that u can get any core branch ..... u'll get any decent branch may be in third or further counseling.... so all the very best...

Sir, I have passed my class 12 with 79% marks and my aieee AIR is 89647.
    Could I have any chance for getting admission at BIT. If so which branch I can getin BE?
    I am from uttar pradesh.

Please do reply soon.
    Vibha

Quote Originally Posted by Vibor View Post
    Sir, I have passed my class 12 with 79% marks and my aieee AIR is 89647.
    Could I have any chance for getting admission at BIT. If so which branch I can getin BE?
    I am from uttar pradesh.

Please do reply soon.
    Vibha
    hi,
    could u plz tel me about your state n category?????

Quote Originally Posted by kriti sharma View Post
    hi,
    could u plz tel me about your state n category?????
    I am in general category from state= UTTAR PRADESH.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibor View Post
    I am in general category from state= UTTAR PRADESH.
    hey,
    sry to say but u don't have any chances for getting BIT.................... so try in another clg............

Quote Originally Posted by kriti sharma View Post
    hey,
    sry to say but u don't have any chances for getting BIT.................... so try in another clg............
    which other college can i get

what is the fee structure here

Quote Originally Posted by harshit222 View Post
    what is the fee structure here
    Hi [MENTION=114774]harshit222[/MENTION],
    The fee structure and and other details are given in the attached pdf.
    Attached Files for Direct Download
      File Name:
      File Size:
      1.67 MB
      Total Downloads:
    * Click on the 'file icon' or 'file name' to start downloading

what is the avg. package offered in bit if my stream is mechanical........

what are the placements records at BIT 2012. in c s branch..Which all companies visited and what s the avg sal pak, n wats the highest package.. plz tell fast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast