This is Kinan from Gitam University Vishakhapatanam, and I am here to answer your queries regarding Gitam admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding this college. Here some Information about college.
About GITAM University:The university has two campuses - its main campus at Visakhapatnam, and an off campus at Hyderabad. Known for its creative dynamism and flexibility, the university offers varied programmes blending skill development and value orientation to shape the career of students and develop holistic personality to be privileged members of the civil society. The university also offers several programmes through distance learning to increase access to higher education with emphasis on reaching the unreached.
The university has established placement cell in each of its institutes to train and guide the students in finding lucrative placements. The placement record has been consistently highly impressive, with major recruiters from both the core and IT companies.
Affiliated University: Autonomous University
Mode Of Admission in 2012-13:
- Admissions to all the programmes offered by the University are made on merit assessed through an all-India online entrance examination.
- GITAM Admission Test (GAT) is a computer based online test for admission to UG & PG Technology Programs in GITAM University at its Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad Campuses.
Eligibility for admission to GITAM University:
- Should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths (PCM) and 1st class or equivalent grade in the qualifying paper in single attempt can apply for B.Tech (except biotechnology)
- To take admission for biotechnology, other than the 1st class in qualifying exam, a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Biology, Chemistry & Physics or Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry are required.
- The admission to the various disciplines will purely be based on the rank obtained in GAT 2012.
Ranking: Gitam University is currently placed among top 20 private university in India
GITAM University Fee structure:
Duration First year 2nd Year 3rd Year 4th Year 5th Year Tuition fee Special fee Total B.Tech. 4years 1,39,000 15,000 1,54,000 1,54,000 1,54,000 1,54,000 -- B. Aeronautical Engg. 4 years 2,10,500 15,000 2,25,500 2,25,500 2,25,500 2,25,500 -- B.Arch. 5 years 1,61,000 15,000 1,76,000 1,76,000 1,76,000 1,76,000 1,76,000 B.Tech. + M.Tech. (ECE) 5 years 1,55,500 15,000 1,70,500 1,70,500 1,70,500 1,70,500 1,70,500 B.Tech. + M.Tech. (Mechanical) 5 years 1,55,500 15,000 1,70,500 1,70,500 1,70,500 1,70,500 1,70,500 MBA (Int.) 5 years 1,24,200 32,000 1,56,200 1,46,200 1,46,200 2,67,200 2,67,200 MBA 2 years 2,45,200 32,000 2,77,200 2,67,200 -- -- --
Gitam University Branches & intakes: Streams at Graduate Level
- B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Information Technology
- B.Tech. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. Industrial Engineering
- B.Tech. Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Architecture
Cut Offs in 2011: Cutoffs vary for admissions through AIEEE & GAT. Please post your scores below for info.
Placements 2011-12: The University has established Training & Placement Center in each of the Institutes headed by a senior faculty member. The objectives of the center are to:
- provide training for development of integrated personality.
- provide employable skills to all students.
- develop innovative entrepreneurs and dynamic leaders for the nation.
- achieve 100 per cent gainful placement.
The centre functions under the guidance of the principal of each institute. The training and placement officer is assisted by assistant training officer. A senior faculty member from each department coordinates the activities of the centre with the active involvement of student coordinators.
- Health & Fitness Center
- Conference Halls
- Mess Facility
- Bank and ATM
- Mineral Water Facility
Hostel Facilities: With a view to providing personal care to the students coming from various corners of the country, the University has built hostels that provide the right academic ambience for students in search of excellence in their pursuits. The disciplined and caring hostel environment helps the student imbibe positive values which serve as a firm foundation for their life and career. With the spirit of sharing and living in a multicultural community, they grow into evolved human beings.
The University administration puts in all efforts to help the students feel at home in terms of comforts and concern of the hostel personnel. Eco-friendly environment, encouraging academic ambience, uncompromising quality of hygiene, steam cooking, safe drinking water, round the clock security, availability of qualified doctors and resident wardens, indoor games facilities, uninterrupted power supply- all these ensure a very safe and secure stay for the student.
Boys Hostels: At present three blocks of hostels provide hostel facilities to 1200 students with all the facilities.
- Saddarma Sadan A three floored building with a built up area of 7140 sq.mts accommodates 376 students.
- Santhi Sadan Built with fully furnished suites of four floors in an area of 4287 sq.mts accommodates 275 students.
- Vinay Sadan A seven floored block in an area of 12116 sq.mts accommodates 560 students.
Under Construction :
- A New Hall of Residence of twelve floors in an area of 19729 sq.mts is under construction and expected to be ready in 2012 which accommodates 1100 students.
- Kokila Sadan A block of six floors built in an area of 13630 sq.mts accommodates 1000 students.
- A new hall of residence in fourteen floors in an area of 31807 sq.mts is under construction and expected to be ready in 2013 which is designed to accommodated 1560 students.
Address: GITAM UNIVERSITY , Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045, Andhra Pradesh, India
Ask QUERIES .Similar Threads:
- MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facilit
- IT-BHU Varanasi 2012 Admission, CutOff, Placements, Fee Structure, Ranking, Hostels
- IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking
- SJCE Mysore 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Ranking, Fees, Hostels, campus
- Download Study Material
- College Life
- Entrance Exam
- Previous Years Q/A
- Colleges List