This is Nishant from National Institute Of Engineering Mysore, and I am here to answer your queries regarding NIE admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here is some Information about college.
About National Institute of Engineering: The National Institute of Engineering was founded by the eminent visionary engineers Sri S Ramaswamy, Sri D V Narasimha Rao and Sri T Rama Rao despite many of hurdles at a time when the Princely State of Mysore then had only one Engineering College where many deserving students could not secure admission. A band of other retired engineers and professors joined hands in this uphill task and thus this great Institution NIE “The Temple of Learning” was born in the year 1946. NIE has the distinction of ardently promoting the core values of life and education while imparting quality technical education in an academically vibrant campus in the heritage city of Mysore.
The National Institute of Engineering (NIE) is one of the premier educational institutions in India, offering undergraduate, post-graduate and diploma programmes in engineering and technology.The NIE has been ranked 32nd by Outlook Magazine among the top 100 engineering colleges in India and 15th among the private engineering institutes in India.
The NIE is an autonomous institute affiliated under the VTU as per UGC norms, 2007 With a sprawling campus of around 18 acres, NIE has been commanding respect among the many engineering colleges in Mysore, Karnataka and India. Click on the links present on the left to explore the institute in detail.
Affiliated University: Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
Mode Of Admission in NIE Mysore: Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). Admission is open to students who have passed any one of the following:
- · 10+2 examination of PU / CBSE. with English as a subject of study.
- · B.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry / Computer Science.
- · 3 year Diploma. Minimum of 50 percent marks in the final examination.
- · Any other equivalent examination approved by the VTU
- · Admission to the Institute will be made according to directives of AICTE and Karnataka Government as applicable to each academic year.
Ranking:NIE is currently placed among top 20 private colleges in india
Fee : Free Seat Higher Fee Managemen Seat/Comed-K
- Aided Course: Rs.18,090/- --- Rs. 1,28.090/-
- Un-aided Course: Rs. 18,090/- below 11,000/- Income
Branches & intakes in NIE Mysore :
· Civil Engineering (1950)
· Mechanical Engineering (1958)
· Electrical and Electronics Engineering (1958)
· Electronics and Communication Engineering (1971)
· Industrial and Production Engineering (1981)
· Computer Science and Engineering (1983)
· Information Science and Engineering (1999)
· Power Systems (1971)
· Production Engineering and System Technology (1987)
· Computer Application and Industrial Drives (1996)
· Computer Network Engineering (2002)
· Information Technology (2002)
· Product Design and Manufacturing (2002)
· MCA (1997)
· Computer Networks and Information Security
· Industrial Automation and Robotics
· Structural Engineering
Postgraduate Diploma Courses
· Structural Design (2010)
· Fire Safety Engineering (2010)
· Integrated Water Resources Management (2011)
· Automobile Technology (2011)
· Renewable Energy Technology (2011)
Cut Offs in NIE Mysore 2011:
Sl.No Branch 2011-12
1 CS 1660 7230 2 ME 949 2967 3 EC 2118 3952 4 EE 362 1455 5 IP 3711 10844 6 CSc 1698 2523 7 ISc 2545 3418
· The placement cell in NIEis run by student coordinators who are elected by the students from all branches. A senior member of the staff, designated as Placement Officer, is in charge of placement and training activities.
During the academic year 2008-09 we had a total of 250 students placed through campus recruitment. We had the privilege of being visited by 65 companies including 40 IT-companies and 25 non-IT companies We had the good fortune of being visited by core companies specific to each domain such as ABB LTD. and BOSCH INDIA LTD for mechanical and Industrial & Production, L & T Emsys, FREESCALE for electrical & Electronics and Electronics & Communication, TCS, WIPROfor Computer Science and also by many dream companies such as Cisco, IBM, AMAZON and MICROSOFT. The placement cell library has a good collection of books and materials related to placement and overall personality development.
· Computer Center
· Hostels and Mess
· Banks & ATM
· Games & Sport , etc.....
Hostel Facilities: NIE provides a separate hostel accommodation with boarding facility for both boys and girls. The hostel for boys is situated behind the NIE Campus and it commands a strength of 280 inmates. The hostel for girls with 60 inmates is at a distance of about one km from the Institute. · The hostels are equipped with solar water heaters for round-the-clock hot water supply. Television set and facilities for a few indoor games have been provided.
Address:The National Institute of Engineering Mananthavady Road,
Mysore – 570008.