Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: BITSAT 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion

Information BITSAT 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion

BITSAT is a computer based entrance test for admission to BE courses in Birla Institute of Technology campuses in Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa. BITS institutues are considered to be among the most prestigious institutes in India for engineering education. Last time over 1.5 lakhs candidates appeared for BITSAT for about 2000 seats therefore its a highly competitive entrance exam.

Paper Pattern
    BITSAT has 150 objective questions to be attempted in 3 hours on a computer. The questions are from:
    Mathematics-45 questions
    Physics-40 questions
    Chemistry-40 questions
    English and Logical Reasoning-25 questions

Eligibility
    The candidate should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Further, the candidate should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination, at least 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.
    However, admissions will be made only on his/her merit position based on the score obtained in BITSAT 2012. Only students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2012 or who have passed the 12th class examination in 2011 are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2012.

Direct Admission to Board Toppers
    Students who obtain first rank in any central or state level board exam in India held in the year 2012 will be given direct admission to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2012 score subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
    Important Dates
    Month of Notification: Nov. / Dec

Particulars Dates
    Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2012 15th February 2012
    Test center allotment and announcement to candidates 25th February 2012
    Candidates to reserve Test dates 29th Feb. 20th March 2012
    Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions 14th April 30th April 2012
    BITSAT 2012 Online tests 10th May 9th June 2012
    Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks and
    Preferences to Degree programmes
    19th May 30th June 2012
    Admit List and Wait List announcement 1st July 2012

BIT SAT score report:
    At the completion of the test, the computer will announce the result to the candidate in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score. The candidate can also check and print his score report at the BITS website after all the tests are completed. No student will be allowed to repeat the test in the same year.

Merit List for Admission:
    As explained earlier, a candidate who has appeared in BITSAT-2012 will be eligible for admission only if he/she gets the required minimum marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of 12th examination as per the eligibility criteria described already. All candidates who have appeared in BITSAT-2012 and are interested in admission will be required to submit Admission application with 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered, on or before 30th June 2012, the details of this will be available in the BITS website by 19th May 2012.

The merit position of such eligible candidates (i.e., those who have appeared in BITSAT-2012 and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 12th marks, preferences and the required fees) will be prepared on the basis of their scores in BITSAT-2012. The cases of bracketing, if any, will be dealt with as described below.
    When the score of two candidates are the same, first their scores obtained in Mathematics in BITSAT will be considered for separating them, If the tie still exists, then their scores in Physics in BITSAT will be considered for separating them. Further tie is eliminated using their scores in Chemistry. Finally, their PCM total marks in 12th examination will be considered for their separation.

All the very best

Re: BITSAT 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion

I got a score of 366 in BITSAT 2012.
    Can I get CS or Electronics and Communication at BITS Pilani campus?
    If yes, will it be in the first round or later?
    Also, is Electronics and Instrumentation same as Electronics and Communication?
    When is the result declared?

Re: BITSAT 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion

Congrats man!

Was bitsat 2012 easier than aieee than 2012

hey i scored 325 in BITSAT 2012.. wot ol courses cn i get in BITS, pilani?...also should i rather go 4 CS or Electrical at GOA campus..cz i wnt b getin it at PILANI campus?!?.

i got only 292 in BITSAT.
    any hope for pilani campus?
    can i get into goa campus? What courses will i get? and pls specify by which round of councling

hi my score in bitsat 2012 is 315... can i get pilani mech??? what would be the best branch with this score????

hello...i got 234 in bitsat. i want b.pharm . any chances??

Hi I got 302 in BITSAT2012 any chnce of gtng civil in pilani??????? also was paper tough or easy?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

well u surely can get in pilani cmps gng by previous yrs cut off.