Punjab Combined Entrance Test (Punjab CET) is conducted by the Punjab Technical University for admission to first year Engineering and Architecture courses in the colleges affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Punjab Agricultural University, Amritsar and Punjab University, Guru Nanak Dev University, Patiala.
Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar is working in the direction to revamp the existing online and regular programs scenario by incorporating the high-tech tools and latest IT techniques. The university is also giving healthy contribution in the R&D sector of industries via its various programs that comes under Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Punjab technical university (PTU), Jalandhar affiliates 122 Engineering, Management and Pharmacy Colleges in Punjab technical university. PTU is active since 1997 and have been providing strong base for future technology professionals, engineers, architects and IT experts thereby contributing to the advancement of technological infrastructure of India .
It is established under the act of state legislature to promote the technical, management and professional education at the degree level and above. The PTU University has intake of 12700 per year.
Important Dates for PTU CET 2012
Sale of PTU CET 2012 application form & brochure 1st week of April, 2012 Last date for submission of PTU CET 2012 application form 3rd week of April, 2012 Date of PTU CET 2012 entrance exam 1st week of May, 2012 Announcement of PTU CET 2012 exam result Last week of May, 2012
List of Affiliated Colleges
- Adesh College Of Engineering & Technology (Faridkot.)
- Amritsar College of Engineering & Technology (Amritsar)
- Baba Banda Singh College Of Engineering & Technology (Fatehgarh Sahib.)
- Baba Hira Singh Bhattal Inst. of Engg. & Tech. Sunam-Jakhal Road, Lehrangaga (Sangrur)
- Beant College Of Engineering & Technology (Gurdaspur.)
- Bhai Gurdas Institute of Engineering & Technology (Sangrur).
- Bhai Maha Singh College of Engineering, (Muktsar)
- Butta College of Engg. & Tech. Rarasahib Road, Butta (Ludhiana)
- Baba Kuma Singh Ji Engineering College, Hoshiar Nagar (Amritsar)
- Chandigarh Engineering College Landran (Mohali.)
- Chitkara Institute of Engineering & Technology (Rajpura)
- C.T. Institute of Engg.,Mang. & Tech., Vill. Shahpur (Jalandhar)
- College of Engineering & Management (Kapurthala)
- D.A.V. Institute of Engineering & Technology (Jalandhar)
- Desh Bhagat Engg. College,Amloh Road (MandiGobindgarh)
- GGS College of Modern Technology (Kharar)
- Giani Zail Singh College Of Engineering & Technology (Bathinda).
- Guru Gobind Singh College of Engineering & Technology (Talwandi Sabo)
- Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Gill Park (Ludhiana).
- Guru Teg Bahadur College Of Engineering & Technology,Chappianwali (Malout).
- Institute Of Engineering & Technology, Bhaddal (Ropar).
- IITT Institute Of Engineering & Technology, Pojewal (Nawan Sahar).
- Indo Global College of Engineering Abhipur 24 K.C. College of Engg. & Info. Tech.,VPO Karim (NawanShahr)
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute Of Engineering & Technology (Moga).
- Lovely Institute of Technology, The. Phagwara. (Kapurthala)
- Ludhiana College of Technology, Katani Kalan (Ludhiana).
- Malout Institute of Management & Information Technology (Malout)
- Punjab College of Engineering & Technology,Lalru Mandi (Patiala)
- Ramgarhia College of Engineering & Information Tech (Phagwara)
- Rayat Institute Of Engineering & Information Technology (Ropar)
- Rayat & Bahra Institute of Engg. & Bio-Tech. Vill P.O. Sahauran, Teh. Kharar, Distt,Ropar (Kharar)
- Rayat Institute Of Engineering & Information Technology (Ropar).
- RIMT-Engineering College , Mandi (Gobindgarh)
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College of Information Technology (Ferozpur).
- Sant Baba Bhag Singh College of Engg. & Tech. VPO Padhian ( Jalandhar )
- Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering & Technology (Longowal).
- Shaheed Udham Singh College Of Engineering & Technology,Tangori (Mohali).
- Sri Sukhmani Institute Of Engineering & Technology (Dera Bassi.)
- Sri Sai College of Engineering & Technology,Badhani (Pathankot)
- Shiv Shankar Institute of Engg. & Tech.,Patti (Amritsar)
- Swami Parmanand College of Engg. & Tech.,Jaulan Kalan (Dera Bassi)
- Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engg. & Tech.,Ram Nagar Banur (Patiala)
- Appear for Examination and wait for the results and ranking
- Counseling Fee:- Counseling fee for CET –To participate in online counseling every candidate belonging to 85% irrespective of his/her category shall have to deposit counseling fee of 2500/- and counseling fees of 3050/- shall be applicable to 15% candidate by following ways.
- Log into www.ptu.ac.in
- Fill the respective roll no. and Date of Birth
- Select from any designated bank (i.e AXIS, HDFC,PNB,UCO) as listed in the website where students tends to deposit his/her counseling fees through cash
- Take a printout of the E- deposit slip.
- Deposit cash in the respective bank.
- Payment of counseling fee can be done online with the help of credit /debit card of any bank(Master card or Visa Card).
- Counseling fee for 85% and 15% can be paid between 25/5/2010 to 10/6/2010 for 1st round and for 2nd round counseling fee can be paid between 27/6/2010 to 1/7/2010 (if not paid in the 1st round.
- Online Registration: Having paid the counseling fee Candidate shall log onto www.ptuadmissions.nic.in where registration form shall be displayed on the screen with the following parameters mandatory for successful registration i.e: Roll. No., Rank, Candidate Name, Date of birth. In case of AIEEE Candidates Roll No, AIEEE all india Rank, Candidate Name, Date of birth.
- If all the four parameters have entered correctly and found true .Then a new registration screen will appear and candidate may register himself/herself
- Candidates shall be required to fill in the basic details, which shall be used for choice filling and seat allotment including the candidate user ID which is his/her Roll.No and password as generated by candidate.
- After successful Registration He / She will get the confirmation message on the same page. In case confirmation message is not displayed the candidate has to register ,then please reregister himself.
- It is in the interest of the candidate to remember his password and keep it highly confidential to avoid misuse by another candidates. For which PTU/NIC shall not be responsible.
- Choice Filling :After successful login Candidate’s homepage is opened and following options are displayed:
- Registration Details : registration detail is important for set allotment and should be filled very carefully.
- Edit Registration : Any mistake can be corrected in the above through “Edit Registration “ option.
- Available Choices; Provide a list of colleges and branches thereof.
- Fill choices: Candidate can fill the choice of college or branches of choice in order of preferences. It is in the interest of candidate to fill choices of maximum Number of colleges and branches available. Candidate can also alter the filled choices.
- Display Filled Choices: choices entered by candidates will be displayed in different form so that She/he can check already entered information.
- Allotment of seats: after the choice filling period is over all filled choices of all the registered candidates will be considered for allotment of seats as per merit (Rank) and category of the candidate.
- Result Declaration: On the date of result declaration candidate can take printout of provisional allotment letter of College/branches from the website http://www.ptuadmissions.nic.in by login into his account. The allotment of seat is purely provisional and subject to verification of original certifictes and payment of college fees at the time of in the allotted institute.
- Candidates are required to report to their allotted institutions withn the specified period (as per the counseling schedule) along with the documents /Testimonials/ Certificates and pay college Fee as prescribed in the prospectus. If candidtes don’t report in specified period their allotted seats shall be cancelled. and candidates shall have no claim on seats. Whatsoever it is in the interest of the candidate to report at the earliest to the allotted College
- Candidate falling under 85%CET and 15%AIEEE irrespective of whather they have been allotted a seat or not allotted seat or could not join allotted institution or could not participate in the earlier round can participate in the second phase of the counseling
- For second round of counseling candidate can deposit 2500/- for 85% category and 3050/- for 15% category(.if not deposited earlier) as counseling charges in the designated branches of banks in the sr. no 3.
- The Detailed instruction regarding the online counseling shall be available on the webite www.ptuadmissions.nic.in. and www.ptu.ac.in . Candidates are advised to go through detailes thoroughly through these sites before registration.
- UPSEE 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion
- R PET 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion
- BITSAT 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion
- CEE Assam 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee - Discussion
- MP - PET 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion