This is Shikhar from Mepco Schlenk Engineering CollegeSivakasi, and I am here to answer your queries regarding MSEC admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here some Information about college.
About Mepco Schlenk Engineering College:
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College is a private engineering college located in Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded on 17 October 1984. The institution is sponsored by the Mepco Schlenk Charities, a social welfare organization of the Metal Powder Company Limited, Thirumangalam and its German collaborator, Schlenk.
Affiliated University: Anna University, Chennai
Mode Of Admission in 2012-13: a) Minimum Qualifications
b) Minimum Marks prescribed by the Govt. of Tamilnadu
- A pass in H.Sc. (Acadmic with Maths, Physics and Chemistry) (or)
- A pass in H.Sc. (Vocational Stream in any one of the Vocational courses listed hereunder with the related subject noted against each course. (or)
- Diploma in any one of the courses. (or)
- Any other equivalent qualification approved by the State Board of Technical Education / Higher Secondary Board of Tamilnadu. Candidates belonging to communities other than SC/ST should have passed the qualifying examination is not more than two appearances.
Candidates belonging to communities other than SC/ST should have obtained the following minimum marks.
c) For Students from other states
i) H.Sc. (Academic) and other equivalent candidates: OC BC MBC/DNT SC ST Average Marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry 60% 55% 50% PASS PASS ii) H.Sc. (Vocational) candidates: Average Marks in Maths / Physics / Chemistry / Vocational subject under Part-III 60% 55% 50% PASS PASS iii) For Diploma Holders: Average Marks in last two semesters 60% 55% 50% PASS PASS
The students who have passed the qualifying examinations of University / Board other than Madras / Madurai / Annamalai / Bharathiar / Bharathidasan University should obtain the Provisional Eligibility Certificate from the Registrar, after being admitted in our college. If the qualification is for any reason not recognized by Anna University the candidate will have to discontinue the course.
Lateral Entry Scheme:
A pass with minimum eligible marks in the Diploma Course of the State Board of Technical Educatio and Training, Tamilnadu / equivalent course prescribed for the Degree course.
Minimum marks as prescribed by the Govt. of Tamilnadu:
For the purpose of calculation of marks in respect of sandwich diploma passed candidates marks secured in the last two semesters shall be considered. If the Industrial training intervenes in any one of the last two semesters, then the marks of the previous semester in which there is no industrial training shall be considered for the purpose of calculating the marks.
OC BC MBC/DNT SC ST Average marks in Prefinal and Final semester 60% 55% 50% PASS PASS
5 seats under NRI lateral entry admission is done by the institution satisfying the minimum marks prescribed by the Government.
Ranking: Mepco Schlenk Engineering Collegeis currently placed among top 25 private colleges in India
Fee : 60000/- per year
Branches & intakes:
- B.E.(Civil Engineering)
- B.E.(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- B.E.(Electronics & Communication Engg.)
- B.E.(Computer Science & Engineering)
- B.E.(Mechanical Engineering)
- B.Tech.(Information Technology)
- B.Tech.(Industrial Bio-Technology)Cutoffs:
Branch OC BC BCM MBC SC ST SCA Bio-Technology 191.75 189 -- 183.5 154.5 -- 110.75 Civil Engineering 192.25 190.75 189.75 186 174.5 -- 135.25 Computer Science & Engg. (CSE) 194 193.25 189.5 186 165 107 136.25 Electrical & Electronics Engg. (EEE) 193.75 193 191 185.75 169.25 110.5 143 Electronics & Communication Engg. (ECE) 195.25 194.75 193.25 190.5 176 114.25 166.25 Information Technology 192.75 192.25 188.75 185 161 -- 155 Mechanical Engineering 194.25 193.75 193 191 173.5 154.5 158
Activities of the cell:
- · The cell is headed by the Training & Placement Officer (TPO) Prof. S.P. Asok, having more than two decades of teaching and research experience. The TPO holds independent charge and each department is represented by nominated faculty members and student representatives.
- · The placement season has two phases. The first phase is from June to October and the second from January through March. Excellent facilities are available for conducting campus interviews like five air conditioned seminar halls with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipments for making presentations (capacity ranging from 100 to 250 seats), huge halls for conducting tests, air conditioned conference room for conducting GD's & personal interviews, etc. We also have a well furnished guest house offering both boarding & lodging with a/c suites for the recruiters to comfortably stay inside the campus.
- · Our college is very easily approachable, connected on the broad gauge railway line on the Chennai-Kanniyakumari route and visitors can detrain at Virudhunagar junction. The college is located on the Virudhunagar - Sivakasi state highway 15 kms from Virudhunagar. The nearest airport is Madurai from where our college can be reached in an hour’s travel by road.
· Deputing students for in-plant training / sponsored industrial projects.
· Organizing aptitude and behavioral training programmes to bring about an overall development, improve self-esteem and confidence level, develop better presentation skills, learn to communicate well in GD's, Mock & personal interviews, etc.
· Visiting various corporate houses regularly, inviting them to the campus for recruitment and assisting the corporates who visit the campus for recruitment in the conduct of various tests, GD's and interviews.
· Guiding and arranging coaching for Entrepreneurship, GRE/TOFEL, Foreign Languages, Special Skills, GATE, etc.
- Computer Lab
Gents Hostels :
Ladies Hostels :
- Krishna Hostel
- Godavari Hostel
- Narmadha Hostel
- Kavery Hostel
- Brahmaputra Hostel
- Ganga Hostel
- Yamuna Hostel
- Sindhu Hostel
- One more hostel is under construction
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
Mepco Engineering College (PO) - 626 005
Ph: 04562 - 235000(30 Lines) Extn: 5101
Fax: 04562 - 235111