Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is established by the Government ofNational Capital Territory of Delhi under the University Act 1998. GGSIPU ( IP University) (IPU) imparts education in wide array of disciplines & admission into various degree programs whether undergraduate or post graduate level is taken via Common Entrance Test (CET). The IP univeristy was awarded ISO certificate 9001:2000 certification by standardization testing, quality certification directorate, department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India.
The IP Univeristy is accreditted by NAAC and given A grade. Admission into the GGSIPU University is done on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidate in the Common Entrance Test (CET). GGSIPU University is affiliated and is in teaching with a aim to fascilitate and promote studies in research and extension work in higher education in various disciplines like- engineering, medical, architecture, management, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nuirsing etc.
Month of Notification: Jan/Feb
Date of Examination: 2nd June 2012
List of Affiliated Institutes
- Ambedkar Institute of Tech. Patparganj Shakarpur Delhi-92
- National Power Training Institute Badarpur,New Delhi
- Amity School of Engineering & Technology 580, Delhi Palam Vihar Road, Bijwasan,
- Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering A-4 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi-63
- Guru Premsukh Memorial College of Engineering 245, Budhpur Village, G.T. Karnal Road,
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Tech. G-8 Area, Rajouri Garden, Delhi-64
- HMR Institute of Technology and Management Hameed Pur, Delhi-36
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Tech. Maharaja Agrasen Chowk, PSP Area, Sector-22, Rohini, Delhi-85
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology C4, Janak Puri, New Delhi-58
- Northern India Engineering College FC-26, Shastri Park, New Delhi-53
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture Sector -55, Distt. Gurgaon-122003 Haryana
- TVB School of Habitat Studies Sector-D, Pocket-2, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-70
- Vastu Kalal Academy Secular House, 9/1, Institutional Area, Opp. JNU East Gate, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
Reservation of GGSIPU CET Engineering Seats 2012 :
The Reservation Policy for the University Schools, IGIT, Government Institutes and Self Financing Colleges / Institutions affiliated with this University, other than minority institution, for the academic session 2011 – 2012 was as under :
For University Schools, IGIT and Government Institutions For Institutions located Outside Delhi in NCR Self Financing Institutes / Colleges in NCT of Delhi ( i ) 85% of the Sanctioned Intake shall be allocated for Delhi Region wherein reservation of seats was as under :
SC - 15%
ST - 7.5%
Def - 5%
OBC - 21%
PH - 3%
Admission will be made on all India Basis and reservation of seats was as under :
Def - 5%
85% of the total sanctioned intake, except the management seats allocated for Delhi students wherein reservation of seats was as under :
Def - 5%
PH - 3%
( ii )15% of the Sanctioned Intake shall be allocated for Outside Delhi Regions wherein reservation of seats will be as under :
SC - 15%
ST - 7.5%
Def - 5%
PH - 3%
15% of the total sanctioned intake, except the management seats allocated for the Outside Delhi Students wherein reservation of seats was as under :
SC - 15%
ST - 7.5%
Def - 5%
PH - 3%
- Appear for Examination and wait for the results and ranking
- Detailed GGSIPU CET schedule of first Counseling / admissions indicating the number of qualified candidates to be called for Counseling will be displayed at 5.00 p.m. on the GGSIPU University’s Website www.ipu.ac.in prior to commencement of Counseling as indicated above. Venue of GGSIPU Engineering CET Counseling & list of institutions along with the intake in the respective programs for Academic Session 2012 – 2013 will be notified on the University’s Website before the commencement of GGSIPU CET Engineering counseling 2012.
- The candidates should report at the notified venue, date and time for Guru Gobind Singh University engineering counseling / admission in – person along with the documents mentioned. On reaching the venue, the candidates must mark the Attendance. Allotment of seats to the candidates will be made only when he / she attends the Counseling session in person.
- Firstly, the candidates will be called in order of merit / rank and shall have to produce the required documents for verification. Depending upon the merit, the GGSIPU seats will be offered to the candidates as per availability of GGSIPU CET seat at that point of time. Each candidate will have to choose a seat out of those available when his / her turn comes.
- GGSIPU Admission Officer will give a duly signed Admission Slip after the deposition of the complete fee ( as required for the program at the time of Counseling ) by the candidate. No candidate should leave the venue of Counseling without receiving the GGSIPU Admission Slip. The candidate must check details printed / written in the admission slip.
- A candidate who fails to appear in person on the notified venue, date and time for GGSIPU CET Counseling, shall forfeit his / her claim for the seat which could be offered to him / her, had he / she been present on his / her turn. However, if the candidate reports late or reports on subsequent days during the process of GGSIPU CET Engineering Counseling, he / she may be considered for allotment of a seat available at that point of time.
- A candidate who is allotted a seat will be required to pay complete fee as mentioned in Chapter 14 immediately on the spot at the time of GGSIPU CET Engineering Counseling / admission. If a candidate fails to pay the fee, as mentioned above immediately after the seat is offered to him / her, the offer will be withdrawn on the spot and the seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the merit list. Part payment or payment through cash / cheque will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- The students admitted in first Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Engineering Counseling would not be allowed to change the program / institute during the subsequent days of first GGSIPU Engineering CET Counseling. However, they may change the program / institute during second GGSIPU Counseling within the ambit of the programs / institutes included in the specific CET Code after depositing an additional sum of [IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]5,000/- in the form of a fresh Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University” payable at Delhi however, this will be subject to availability of vacant seats. No change shall, however, be permitted for a program for which a separate Entrance Test, has been conducted by the GGSIPU University.
- The candidates are also advised, in their own interest to check the details of fee paid, their name, rank, program, institute of admission, etc. on Admission Slip issued to him / her by the Admission Officer before leaving the Counseling hall. Any discrepancy in name, choice of allotment of seat etc. should be brought to the notice of Admission Officer. No representation regarding wrong allotment of seat will be entertained if the candidate leaves the venue without raising any discrepancy.
- Provisionally admitted candidates are further advised to carefully check suffix (Ρ) to their enrolment number printed in the Admission Slip.
- Admissions will be made strictly on merit basis ( Rank wise ) and Counseling / admissions will stop when all the seats get filled up. Notice regarding closure of Counseling will be displayed on University’s Website. Parents / candidates are advised to check University’s Website before coming for Counseling.
- University will not be responsible for any inconvenience caused to parents / candidates due to closure of the Counseling prior to dates notified in the Counseling Schedule.
- The conversion of seats reserved for SC, ST, DEF, PH, Minority, etc. to General Category shall be done only after the 2nd Counseling of GGSIPU CET Engineering for that particular category is completed. No such conversion will be allowed during the 1st Counseling. However, while converting the seats during 2nd Counseling, any unfilled seat ( s ) reserved for ST Category will be offered to SC Category and vice versa and only after completing this exercise, the conversion of the reserved category seats to general category shall be effected.
- De-reservation of unfilled Outside Delhi Quota Seats to Delhi Quota and Vice versa : Seats reserved for Outside Delhi Category will be converted to Delhi Category and Vice versa during the Open House GGSIPU CET Counseling ( which will only be held if seats are vacant after 2nd round of GGSIPU Counseling has been completed in the respective region ). It is clarified that no such conversion will be allowed during 1st Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Engineering Counseling 2012.
- JKCET 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion
- R PET 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion
- Orissa JEE 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion
- MP - PET 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee Discussion
- EAMCET 2012 entrance exam pattern, admission procedure,courses, fee - Discussion