BITS Pilani btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities Click Here:
This is Shiksha from Birla Institute Of Technology & Science Pilani, and I am here to answer your queries regarding BITS admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here some Information about college.
About BITS Pilani:
- The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to "train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information". The Institute is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla - an eminent industrialist, a participant in Indian freedom struggle and a close associate of the Father of Indian Nation late Mr. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi). What started in early 1900s as a small school, blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of International standing. This university was christened as the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani.
- Over the years, BITS has provided the highest quality technical education to students from all over India admitted on the basis of merit. Its graduates may be found throughout the world in all areas of engineering, science and commerce. BITS symbolizes the maturing of Indian technical ability and "can-do" entrepreneurial spirit, especially as derived from the private sector. BITS is located in the Vidya Vihar campus adjacent to the town of Pilani in Rajasthan.
Affiliated University: Autonomous University
Eligibility for Admissions: (For Admission to the academic year 2012-13)
- For admission to any of the above Integrated First Degree programmes Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Further the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.
- Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2012 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2011 only are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2012 test. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2010 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2012. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2012
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2012. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
- The Institute considers only the latest performance through a public examination for admission. If the results of the latest examination are not available within the due date for submission of application, the candidate will not be considered even if there are some earlier performances of 12th class or its equivalent or any higher examination available with him/her. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers:
In the past, admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. Continuing this tradition, the Institute will give direct admission to first rank students of all the central and state boards to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2012 score.
Eligibility criteria for admission under ‘Direct admission to Board toppers’ scheme: To be eligible for admission under the 'Direct admission to Board toppers' scheme, the candidate should be the topper from the science stream having taken Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in 12th. To identify the topper, the following criteria will be adopted.
- has taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in 12th and
- has obtained the highest aggregate percentage of marks in 12th among all the students who have taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in 2012 from the Board. For the purpose of calculating the aggregate percentage, the aggregate marks should include the marks of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in addition to other subjects which are required to pass the 12th examination from the Board under consideration. Further, the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subject marks should be included in the aggregate, irrespective of whether the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects are identified as main/optional/elective in his mark sheet(s).
Applicants under the scheme should attach documentary proof in support of their claim, along with the 12th mark sheet and a letter from the Board declaring the candidate as the topper in the specified stream. The Institute will also make efforts to get these data from the different boards on its own. In all cases, the Institute will be guided by the data provided by the concerned Board. In cases where for a particular board, the data available before the deadline is insufficient or inconclusive, the admission committee may decide not to make any offer under the scheme for that specified Board. In all such cases, the decision of the Vice chancellor will be final and binding on the applicants
Ranking: BITS is the best collage among all private colleges in India
Fee : The following is the details of the fees for the Academic Year 2011-12 at BITS, Pilani- Pilani Campus
Current Schedule of Fees
Integrated First Degrees (FD)
Higher Degrees (HD)
Ph.D. Programme Admission Fees 16,500/- 16,500/- 16,500/- Semester Fees$,@
Students' Union fee 200/- pa 200/- pa — Students' Aid Fund 50/- pa 50/- pa 50 Hostel fee (for on-campus students only)
Ph.D. thesis examination fees - - 1000/- Mess & Electricity advance
(Payable at the beginning of each semester/term and adjustable at the end of the same)
Hostel, ICT, Infrastructure modernization Fees 1000/- 1000/- 1000/- Institute Caution Deposit 2000/- 2000/- 2000/- Fee for Eligibility Test(s) / Ph.D. Qualifying Examination Institute reserves its right to charge such a fee, which would be adjustable against admission fees if the candidate secures admission
Branches & intakes: Streams at Graduate Level
- B.E. (Hons.) Chemical Engineering
- B.E. (Hons.) Civil Engineering
- B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science
- B.E. (Hons.) Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E. (Hons.) Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.E. (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering
Cut Offs in 2011: There is no quota system in BITS. Last rank admitted through BITSAT was around 350.
Placements 2011-12: BITS Pilani is most prestigious institute in India and which is quiet visible in there placements. There was once again a striking 90 % on campus placements and 100% when off campus was also taken into account. Schlumberger and Facebook have offered highest package (40 LPA and 38.5 LPA respectively). Further Schlumberger recruited 8 students. Highest Domestic package is 12.8 LPA which is offered by D.E Shaw.
Placement update from Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Few companies Branch Average LPA Facebook , Google, Microsoft ,DE Shaw, Oracle , Morgan Stanley Information Technology 8.75 Midmax, Simplex, L&T Infrastructure(Civil) 3.65 Schlumberger, UOP, Indian Oil, Reliance, Axom Chemical Engineering 5.1 Mu Sigma, Sebre Holding, Apex Holding, E valve serve Consultancy(All Branch) 6.75 Nvidia, CISCO, Philips, Intel, Texas Instruments Electrical & Electronics 6.5 Tech Mahindra, BHEL, TATA Motors, GI, BOC Mechanical Engineering 4.75 Dr. Reddy Labs, Kynapase Phramacy 3.25
- Shopping Complex & Bank
- Library Facility
- Computer center
Hostel Facilities: The Institute is fully residential and hostel accommodation is provided to all students. There are six hostels for boys and two hostels for girls.
There are two common kitchen cum mess units for all students. The mess serves vegetarian and non-vegetarian food and the units operates under the management of 5 member student mess council. Students staying in the hostel have to necessarily take their food in the Hostel Messes. Every inmate of the hostel is provided with basic amenities like cot, table, chair, ceiling fan, cupboard. Each hostel is equipped with solar water heating systems. Common room facilities with Cable TV and telephone are available in each hostel. Internet connectivity has been provided in all hostel rooms.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS, Pilani)
Vidya Vihar Campus, Pilani
Rajasthan PIN Code - 333031 INDIA
- MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facilit
- IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking
- SJCE Mysore 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Ranking, Fees, Hostels, campus
- NIT Ahmedabad 2012 Admission, CutOff, Ranking, Placements, Facility, Campus
- BITS Pilani Goa Campus 2011 Admissions |Cut Offs,Ranking, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- Download Study Material
- College Life
- Entrance Exam
- Previous Years Q/A
- Colleges List