BIT Mesra btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities Click Here:
This is Aniruddh from Birla Institute Of Technology & Science Mesra , and I am here to answer your queries regarding BITS admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here some Information about college.
About BITS Mesra:
- BIT, Mesra is a "Deemed University" under Sec. 3 of the U.G.C. Act 1956. The Board of Governors is responsible for the main functions and overall supervision of activities. It comprises representatives of the Ministry of Education, Government of India, the U.G.C., the State Government, The Chancellor, the AICTE, The Hindustan Charity Trust and the Institute Faculty. Shri C.K. Birla is the Chairman of the Board of Governors while the Governor of the state of Jharkhand officiates as the Institute's Chancellor. There's a Technical Council that decides the academic policy of the Institute.
- BIT Mesra had been conceived with a vision to be recognized as a world-class learning institution for engineering and technology. But it has moved beyond the fulfillment of a scholastic promise to re-defining education in the new age through creation of aptitude and comprehensive intelligence. Targets are achieved every day, only to make space for newer dreams
Affiliated University: Autonomous University
Eligibility for Admissions: (For Admission to the academic year 2012-13)
- For admission to any of the above Integrated First Degree programmes Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Further the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.
Mode of Admission: AIEEE for UG courses.
Ranking: BITS is the best collage among all private colleges in India
Fee Structure in BITS Mesra 2012 :
Fees Integrated First Degrees
Admission Fees 15,000/-*
Semester Fees First Semester Second Semester Summer term 40,000/-40,000/-20,000/-
Students’ Union fee 200/- pa
Students’ Aid Fund 50/- pa
Hostel fee (for on-campus students only)First Semester Second Semester Summer term 2000/-2000/-1000/-
Mess & Electricity advance First Semester Second Semester Summer term (Payable at the beginning of each semester/term and adjustable at the end of the same)6000/-6000/-3000/-
Institute Caution Deposit2000/
Branches & intakes:
Streams at Graduate Level
2. Civil Engineering
3. Computer Science
4. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
5. Electronics & Communication Engineering
6. Information Technology
7. Mechanical Engineering
8. Chemical & Polymer Engineering
9. Production Engineering
Streams at Post-Graduate Level
1 Automated Manufacturing Systems
2. Computer Aided Analysis and Design – CAAD
3. Civil Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering
5. Electronics & Communication Engineering
6. Mechanical Engineering
7. Quality Engineering & Management
8. Polymer Engineering
9. Software Engineering
10. Space Engineering & Rocketry
Cut Offs in 2011:
- Opening Rank : AIR 632
- Closing Rank : AIR 18956
- Total No. of Students Placed in CS : 109
- Total No. of Students Placed in EC : 200
- Total No. of Students Placed in EEE : 59
- Total No. of Students Placed in IT : 65
- Total No. of Students Placed in Mechanical : 44
- Total No. of Students Placed in Production : 17
- 780-acre (3.2 km2) campus
- Built up covered area exceeding 840,000 sq ft (78,000 m2)
- Golden Jubilee auditorium as well as a Mini auditorium
- PA-RAM 10000 super computer
- 100 M bit/s LAN Connection in all BIT hostels rooms
- R&D building housing computer and scientific labs
- Post Office
- Indian Railways Reservation Counter
- A three storied library. There is a separate internet facility inside the library in order to let students read IEEE and other journals
- U CO Bank branch with an ATM.
- State Bank of India ATM
- ICICI Bank ATM
- 16 bed hospital
- Lord Shiva temple
- Buses run between campus and Ranchi city, from 0600 hrs to 1900 hrs, at regular intervals.
- Co-operative shops.
- Food canteen.
- Medical Stores.
The BIT Central Library serves as a model of an evolving and dynamic facility in technical learning since 1955. The library, as an established knowledge hub that is conveniently accessible by those associated with the University, has a major contribution in making BIT an internationally top ranked Academic & Research driven institution.
The Library’s collection comprises hybrid resources (Print & Electronic) in the filed of science and technology, engineering, pharmacy, management and hotel management. The Library also has a separate Internet section consisting of a number of networked terminals for providing recent and most comprehensive access to e-journals and other e-reference resources to the faculty, students and staff under Intranet and Internet environment. The Central library has automated all its routine activities through library software called “LIBSYS” and also extended the scope of various services like CD-ROM database search, OPAC and Web based OPAC.
- The Institute is completely residential with eleven hostels for boys and three separate ones for girls. All student lodging houses are spacious and beautifully laid out amidst a lot greenery.
- Each male-student is provided with well-furnished single-accommodation while girls share their accommodation in spacious and adequately furnished rooms. Individual rooms are constructed in a row with a wide veranda for common use running along the length of passage. Common facilities at the hostel include dining halls and common rooms with provision for several indoor games. The reading room in each hostel subscribes to a large number of magazines, periodicals and newspapers. The entertainment hall in each hostel has a colour television set. Each hostel has an independent mess, completely run and managed by the students themselves.
- The hostels are a hub of leisure activities. Students are encouraged to pursue a wide range of extra curricular activities and hobbies in their free time and events both entertaining and competitive are arranged quite frequently. Inter-hostel tournaments of indoor and outdoor games, quizzes, competitions and adventure trips are very popular at BIT Mesra.
- The ‘Hostel Night’ organized by resident students is a memorable yearly event where students interact with the faculty members amidst cultural programmes and a lot of fun in a shared mood of festivity.
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215
PABX: +91 651 2275444/2275896
Fax: 0651 2275401
- MIT Pune 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements, ranking, Fees, Hostels, Campus facilit
- IIT Delhi 2012 Admission, Cutoff, Placements 2012, Facilities, Hostels, Ranking
- SJCE Mysore 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Ranking, Fees, Hostels, campus
- NIT Ahmedabad 2012 Admission, CutOff, Ranking, Placements, Facility, Campus
- BITS Pilani Goa Campus 2011 Admissions |Cut Offs,Ranking, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- Download Study Material
- College Life
- Entrance Exam
- Previous Years Q/A
- Colleges List