20th April 2012, 06:56 PM
Principles of Operating System(CSE) Paper: CS-5001
B.Tech. Vth Semester Examination(2008)
Principles of Operating System(CSE)
Note: Attempt five questions in all, selecting one each from Sections A,B,C and D. Section E is compulsory.
1. What are the different types of Operating system?
What are the different characteristics of each of them? 
2.What are the major criteria of Scheduling of Process?
How processes are executed in a co-operative mode? 
3. What is a Deadlock? How is it detected and prevented? 
4. What is an Access matrix for protection? How is it
5. What is Virtual Memory? Why is it required? How
is it implemented in an operating system? 
6. What are different Disk Scheduling algorithm? Discus. 
7. What is a Process Sync? What are different algorithm for
Process sync? 
8. What are different algorithm for space allocation? Discus. 
9. Write short answers:
(i) What is Internal fragmentation? 
(ii) What is Context switching? 
(iii) What is Multitasking ? 
(iv) What is Thrashing ? 
(v) What is Reentrant code? 
(vi) What is Swap space ? 
(vii) What is Demand paging ? 
(vii) How security threat is monitored ? ]
(ix) What is Multithread ? 
(x) What is Real-time scheduling.