Vertical reservation (Category) -
Category Percentage of Reservation (a) Scheduled Caste of U.P. 21% (b) Scheduled Tribe of U.P. 2% (c) Other Backward Classes of U.P. 27%
Horizontal Reservation (Sub-category available in each category) -
Sub-Category Code Maximum Percentage
of Total Seats
(a) Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P. UPFF 2% (b) Sons / Daughters of 'defence personnel of U.P.
either retired (superannuated) or killed / disabled
in action’ or ‘defence personnel posted in U.P.’
UPAF 5% (c) Handicapped / Disabled of U.P. UPHC 3% (d) Girls of U.P. UPGL 20%
- The candidates can be given only one type of horizontal reservation Out of UPFF/UPAF/UPHC. However, the girl candidates can also opt for any one of UPFF/UPAF/UPHC alongwith UPGL.
- Subsequent request for the change of category / sub-category filled in OMR application form or ON-Line submission shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The advantage of horizontal reservation in Armed force sub-category is available to sons/daughters of ‘defence personnel of U.P. either retired (Superannuated) or killed / disabled in action and the dependents settled in U.P.’ or ‘the defence personnel posted in U.P.’ on the date of Entrance Examination.
- The seats available under Fee Waiver scheme will be notified in respective category at the time of counseling.
- Please note that benefits of UPGL subcategory will automatically be given to all the Female candidates.
WEIGHTAGE TO CANDIDATES FROM RURAL AREAS OF UTTAR PRADESH
- A weightage of 3% of the total marks obtained at UPSEE-2012 will be given to such UPGE candidates for B.Tech./B.Pharm/B.Arch./BHMCT/BFAD courses, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution situated in rural area of Uttar Pradesh.
- For this purpose, the institutions should be situated in the jurisdiction of Gram Panchayat but the area should not be industrially developed. Such candidates must produce certificate number 7 at the time of counselling.
- Rural weightage is not applicable for a candidate opting any other reservation and for a candidate opting direct admission to second year.Similar Threads: