Abstract : Electric power contact lines are provided as overhead conductors over running Railway Lines to provide energy to electrically driven Railway locomotives or to train sets.
As compared to diesel locomotives, whose power is limited by the permissible axle load and the moving dimensions for accommodation of the diesel engine, the contact lines permit almost unlimited power at the disposal of the electrically driven vehicle.
Higher power permits heavier trains to achieve higher speeds. Electric Multiple Units provide fast commuter services with quick reversal at with main line trains, the Electric Multiple Units offer least interference to the latter due to the EMUís high acceleration rates.
The major advantages of electric traction are, economy in operation and maintenance, saving in consumption of scarce diesel oil and increased through put of traffic. The capital cost for provision of fixed installation required for electric traction is found adequately remunerative for routes having high levels of traffic.
Please find the following attachments"Electrical Transaction Distribution Seminar Report/pdf/ppt download" hereSimilar Threads:
- Minimize the failures of distribution transformer seminar report/pdf/ppt download
- Multipoint local distribution system seminar report/pdf/ppt download
- Secure email transaction system seminar report/pdf/ppt download
- Mobile billing and power distribution monitoring system seminar report/pdf download
- Correct Low Pressure in a Water Distribution System seminar report/pdf/ppt download