ISM Dhanbad btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities Click Here:
This is Ankan from ISM Dhanbad, and I am here to answer your queries regarding ISM admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here some Information about college.
About ISM Dhanbad: The Indian School of Mines (ISM) is a fully residential and co-educational university located in the mineral-rich belt of India in the city of Dhanbad, Jharkhand. It was established in 1926 on the lines of the Royal School of Mines, London. What started as an institution to impart mining education has graduated into a full-fledged technical institution of international acclaim offering a host of programmes like B. Tech., M. Tech., M. Sc. Tech.,integrated M.Sc., integrated M.Sc.tech. and MBA. In addition the School offers M. Phil. and full as well as part time Ph.D. programmes, while also awarding D.Sc. as the highest degree of academic achievement.
Affiliated University: Autonomous
Eligibility for Admissions: (For Admission to the academic year 2012-13): The institute admits undergraduate students through the Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) and post-graduate through GATE.
Ranking: It has been ranked as one of the top 10 engineering colleges of India by an Outlook India survey
Fee structure for 2011-12 batches: 1,56,968 for full btech
Branches & intakes:
- The fee for carry over papers is ` 500/- for each paper in addition to normal registration fee and should be paid along with registration fee of the semester.
- The idle semester students will be required to pay applicable fee for the respective semester
- Repeaters of 1st,2nd, 3rd, 4th ,5th, 6th ,7th, 8th. 9th and 10th semesters will have to pay one time/yearly or semester fees as per fee applicable for new entrants of academic session 2011-2012
- The fees for OBC Candidates will be as applicable to General Candidates 2
- The schedule date for payment of fees (other than 1st semester) for the academic session 2011-2012 will be as under. All the students are required to deposit a copy of fee receipt along with registration card duly forwarded by HOD to Accounts Section before the last date of registration.
4 Years B.TECH (8 Semesters)
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mining Machinery Engineering
- Mineral Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
5 Years Dual Degrees (10 Semesters)
- B. Tech. Mining Engineering + MBA
- B. Tech. Mining Engineering + M. Tech. Mining Engineering
- B. Tech. Petroleum Engineering + M. Tech. Petroleum Management
- B. Tech. Mineral Engineering + M. Tech. Mineral Resource Management
- B. Tech. Mineral Engineering + M. Tech. Materials Technology
Cut Offs in 2011: Opening rank: 125
Closing rank: 7228
Situated in the heart of the country’s prime coking coal belt, 260 km from Kolkata with a campus spread over 88 hectares (220 acres) the fully residential ISM has all the facilities of a world class academic institute. ISM is located at Dhanbad, on the Howrah-New Delhi Grand Chord Railway route. The serene campus comprises academic buildings, student hostels and 100% residential facilities for faculty and staff apart from other infrastructure facilities for a cosmopolitan community. ISM is expanding and is in the process of acquiring new land near the present campus, which will nearly double its area. The campus is currently home to more than 4000 people: students, faculty, and non academic staff.
The Main Building, also popularly known as the Heritage Building houses the departments of Mining Engineering, Applied Geology, Applied Geophysics and Electrical Engineering. In addition it also contains the Geological Museum. The Penman Auditorium near the main building is used for official functions and events while the Golden Jubilee Lecture Theater is used for workshops, presentations and seminars.
Some unique features at the ISM are the Geological Museum, the Seismic Observatory, a Data Processing Laboratory, the Long Wall Mine gallery and the Remote Sensing Laboratory. The lawn in front of the ISM Main Building, besides being exquisitely designed, has several unique features. It has two distinct areas where the grass and the bushes are cut into the shape of the Old Logo & the Crest of ISM. It has the original cannon used to defend this institute from the advancing Japanese troops during World War 2. It also has two rock samples of the oldest known rock formation on the Indian Subcontinent. The lawn is used to hoist the flag during the Independence & the Republic Day of India. It is also used to host the annual flower show at ISM.
Being a fully residential campus, ISM has 10 hostels - six for boys and four for girls. The hostels at the Indian School of Mines are named after famous gemstones. The hostels are as follows:
The ISM accommodates guests of the School at the Senior Academic Hostel. The Executive Development Center (EDC), under the charge of the training and placement cell at ISM, has the facilities to conduct Pre Placement Talks, Group Discussions, Personal Interviews and has well furnished air conditioned rooms to accommodate executives from the industry.
- Research Scholar Hostels (1 and 2)
- Diamond Hostel
- Opal Hostel
- Emerald Hostel
- Topaz Hostel
- Sapphire Hostel
- Jasper Hostel
- Amber Hostel (A,B and C)
- Ruby Hostel (girls hostel)
- Shantibhavan Hostel (girls hostel)
Indian School of Mines (ISM)
Dhanbad - 826004, Jharkhand, India.
Phone : (0326)2296559/60/61/62
Fax : 2296563