This is from Ankit from BITS Goa, and I am here to answer your queries regarding BITS admissions for 2012-2016 batch.
This is a discussion thread in which you can clear all your doubts regarding
Here some Information about college.
About BITS: Nesting in the lap of verdant hills, overlooking the Zuari River, the Campus is spread over an area of 180 acres. The location of campus is unique in the respect of scenic beauty and panoramic view of picturesque surrounding encompassing Zuari River, hillocks, waterways, forests and landscape.
The BITS, Pilani - K. K. Birla Goa Campus, is about 10 kms south of Vasco-da-Gama, 20 kms north of Margaon and 7 kms east of Goa Airport, along National Highway 17B, Byepass road. In the midst of idyllic, sylvan beauty, the Campus houses the Main building, having academic and administrative offices, Guest House, Hostels for boys and girls, Student Activity Centre, faculty and staff quarters, Medical Centre, Playground and Shopping Complex. The location of the campus is unique in the respect of scenic beauty and panoramic view of picturesque surroundings encompassing Zuari River, hillocks, roads, waterways, forests, and landscape.
Affiliated University: Autonomous
Eligibility for Admissions: (For Admission to the academic year 2012-13) in BITS GOA:
- For admission to any of the above Integrated First Degree programmes Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Further the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.
- Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2012 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2011 only are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2012 test. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2010 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2012. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2012
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2012. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
- The Institute considers only the latest performance through a public examination for admission. If the results of the latest examination are not available within the due date for submission of application, the candidate will not be considered even if there are some earlier performances of 12th class or its equivalent or any higher examination available with him/her. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: In the past, admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. Continuing this tradition, the Institute will give direct admission to first rank students of all the central and state boards to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2012 score.
Ranking of BITS Goa: It has been ranked as one of the top 5 engineering colleges of India by an Outlook India survey
Fee structure for 2012-13 for BITS Goa:
Branches & intakes:
- First Semester: AED. 17500/- (payable in 2 installments)
- Second Semester: AED. 17500/- (payable in 2 installments)
- Summer term: AED. 4500/- (to be paid if registering for summer term)
- B.E.(Hons.) Mechanical Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Manufacturing Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Chemical Engineering
- B.E.(Hons.) Computer Science
Cut Offs 2011 for BITS Goa:
Degree programme at Goa Campus cut-off BITSAT-2011 score B.E.(Hons.): Chemical 273 B.E.(Hons.): Electrical and Electronics 294 B.E.(Hons.): Mechanical 291 B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science 303 B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation 284 M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences 236 M.Sc.(Hons.): Chemistry 253 M.Sc.(Hons.): Economics 270 M.Sc.(Hons.): Mathematics 262 M.Sc.(Hons.): Physics 273 M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems 256
Placements 2011-12: Companies visited in the campus in 2011
Absolute Data Dunhumby L & T Sabre Holdings Accenture ebay (Paypal) M & M Samsung (Siso) Aditi Energo Map My India Sap Labs Air Liquide Era Group Maruti Suzuki Sapient Applied Material Ernst & Young Mewar Univ. Schlumberger Areva Evalueserve Michelin Tyres Simon India Aricent Exxon Mobil Microsoft Simplex Infrastructure Ato's Origin Midmac Smart Cube Azingo Fiorano M M University Sourcebits Bank Bazaar Futures First Morgan Stanley Spectrum Belzbar GE Mphasis SPML BHEL Global Analytics Mu Sigma Shri Ram Fibres BILT Net App. Success Factors Blue Star Grasim NI Tally BMC Software HAL NIL Labs Tata Housing BMGI Halcrow NKG Infrastructure Tata Motors BOC Harman Nokia R & D Tata Technologies BPCL HCL Technologies Novartis TCE Bridgestone Headstrong NTPC TCS Bridle I&T Solutions Histogenetics NVidia Tejas Networks Bristle Cone HP Global Open Solutions Texas Instruments Capgemini HP TLP Opera Thermax Cisco IBM Oracle (Appl.) UBS Citrix Idea Cellular Oracle Finance Uco Bank Cognizant Indus Valley Oracle ST Unitech Computer Associates Infinion Orbees United Online Cosmic Circuits Inside View Philips UOP Credit Suisse Intel Polaris Virtussa Cypress ITC Procter & Gamble Voltas DE Shaw JDA Software Punj Lloyd Wells Fargo Dell JP Morgan Chase PWC Wipro Star Deloitte Kinapse Reflexis Yahoo Dolcera Kony Labs. RIL Zuari Industries Dow Chemicals Kritical Solutions Rockwell
- Student Housing
- Financial Assistance
- Student Dues
- Games & Sports Facilities
- Cultural & Recreational Facilities
- Counseling & Assistance
The Institute is fully residential and hostel accommodation is provided to all students. Permission to become day-scholar may be granted only under exceptional circumstances where student's parents or close relatives are residents of Pilani. There are eleven hostels for boys and one hostel complex for girls. The hostel rooms are fully furnished. Common room facilities with Cable TV and telephone are available in each hostel. Internet connectivity has been provided in all hostel rooms. Solar water heating systems are provided in all the hostels.
There is a common kitchen cum mess unit for every set of two boys' hostels. Girls' hostel, however, has a separate mess of its own, situated within the boundary of the hostel. It is mandatory for the students staying in the hostel to have their food in the Hostel Messes. The messes attached to hostels are fully managed by the students.
Address: BITSAT Centre
BITS Pilani - Goa Campus,
NH 17 B, Bye Pass Road,
Zuari Nagar, Goa-403726.
- BITS Mesra 2012 admission, Cutoff, Ranking, Placements, fee, campus facilities
- BITS Pilani 2012 admission, Cutoff, Ranking, Placements, fee, campus facilities
- SJCE Mysore 2012 Admission, Cut Offs, Placements, Ranking, Fees, Hostels, campus
- BITS Pilani Goa Campus 2011 Admissions |Cut Offs,Ranking, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- IIT Bhubaneswer 2012 Admission, cut Offs, Placements,Campus, hostels
- Download Study Material
- College Life
- Entrance Exam
- Previous Years Q/A
- Colleges List