Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaypee NOIDA, 2011-2015 Batch Admissions | Placements, Fee Structure, Queries & Discussion

Jaypee NOIDA, 2011-2015 Batch Admissions | Placements, Fee Structure, Queries & Discussion

Hi FaaDoOs..

This is the discussion thread for Jaypee, NOIDA 2011 Admissions. Here you can discuss anything and everything about this college. Lets start off with some useful information about Jaypee Noida--

Eligibility Criteria & Weightage for admission:

Eligibility criteria of subjects in qualifying exams for all programs and (dual degree biotech - 50% seats) is as prescribed in AIEEE exam

Criteria for Year of Qualifying Examination and Date of Birth (for admissions 2011)

• Only those candidates are eligible to apply who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination not before 2009 or those appearing in 2011 and those candidates appearing in the final examination in 2011 are also eligible to appear for the Entrance Test for consideration of provisional admission.
    • All candidates who are offered provisional admission will be required to produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) to the Institute authority latest by September 30, 2011 failing which, such provisional admission will stand cancelled. If the results in qualifying examinations are likely to be declared after September 30, 2011 the candidates are advised to seek admission next year as no representations for extension of dates for any reason whatsoever, shall be entertained.
    • The institute does not admit students by Management Quota

Under Graduate Courses offered:
    BTech (4 Year Course)-

• Electronics & Communication (210 Seats)
    • Computer Science Engineering (210 Seats)
    • IT Engineering (210 Seats)
    • Biotech (90 Seats)

Dual Degree, Btech+Mtech (5 Year Course)

• Computer Science (30 Seats)
    • Biotech (45 seats)
    FEE Structure, Jaypee NOIDA:
    Tution Fee - Rs. 35000/- per semester (Rs. 70000/- per year)
    IDF - Rs. 45000/- per year
    Caution Money - Rs. 10000/- (One time deposition at the time of registration and refundable after completion of the program)
    Hostel fee- Rs 27500 per semester
    Branchwise PLACEMENT Report, Jaypee, NOIDA: 2006-10 Batch--

BIOTECH:
    Total no of students: 58 | Total no of offers: 53 | % of Students Placed: 91
    CSE: Total no of students: 181 | Total no of offers: 273 | % of Students Placed: 151
    ECE: Total no of students: 179 | Total no of offers: 270 | % of Students Placed: 151
    IT: Total no of students: 93 | Total no of offers: 121 | % of Students Placed: 130
    Jaypee Noida Contact Details:
    In case of any queries, questions or additions to this information, please feel free to ask them as reply to this thread. We and the seniors will be glad to help you out.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF SUBJECTS IN QUALIFYING EXAMS (FOR STUDENTS WITH PHYSICS AND BIOLOGY AT 10+2 LEVEL FOR DUAL DEGREE BIOTECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS FOR BALANCE 50% OF SEATS)--

Physics & Biology/Biotechnology shall be the core subjects in 10+2 or equivalent examination*. Besides above the candidate can have any two out of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science and English as other subjects.

The merit list shall be arrived at through a process of normalization as given below:

Normalized Index = 0.25 * S/T

Where, P=Physics, B=Biology, C=Chemistry, BT=Biotechnology, CS=Computer Science, E=English

S=P+B+BEST TWO OF(C,CS,E,BT)
    T=Percentage of the topper of that board.

The Institutes reserves the right to do the normalization on the basis of estimated T in case it is not available from corresponding Board/University or the candidate.

Passionate FaaDoO Engineer Manoj's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    helpful stuff.....
    FaaDoO Moderator!

Re: Jaypee NOIDA, 2011-2015 Batch Admissions | Placements, Fee Structure, Queries & Discussion

the information was helpful indeed...but it states nothing about really getting into the college.
    I have a few questions regarding it -
    1 ) - i submitted my application at Jaypee before the AIEEE exam as they admit students through AIEEE. I wanted to know what has been the usual opening n closing ranks for Computer Science at Jaypee ?

2) - i dont qualify for DTU/DCE (in Computer Science Engg) and i have heard of a lot of good engg colleges in Noida..
    Is Jaypee the best in Noida ? are there any other colleges better that it ?

3) - It was in the news that Jaypee has come under the scanner has lost its Deemed status. Though the matter is still in court , it is expected (as i have heard) that Jaypee's name will be cleared . i wanted to know how TRUE is that ? and being in the semi-deemed status , will it affect the future of the students enrolled in it ?

Please reply to my queries, Thankyou

Re: Jaypee NOIDA, 2011-2015 Batch Admissions | Placements, Fee Structure, Queries & Discussion

[MENTION=13955]Mogs[/MENTION]- Let me give you a better insight about Jaypee Noida....

I have been living in Noida for the last many years, and have seen Jaypee grow from strength to strength. What started as just another engineering college a few years back is now a brand among both aspirants and recruiters!

1) Usually CS at Jaypee noida closes at around14-15k. Cutoffs for IT are definitely lower around 18-20k. Each year, the rush of aspirants for a seat in Jaypee noida is increasing, so the cutoffs are also going northwards every year.

2) Yes, Jaypee is the best engg. college in Noida that takes admission through AIEEE. Other than this you have JSS Noida, which is one of the best pvt college under UPTU. Then you have Galgotia in Gr. Noida and KIET in Gzb both under UPTU/GBTU and good pvt colleges...

3) As far as deemed status is concerned, it doesnt really matter. Jaypee Noida is a brand and will remain so. Moreover, yes, its name will more or less be cleared from the list.

I hope i have answered all your queries...

BTW [MENTION=13955]Mogs[/MENTION] coming from lucknow, how much did you score in uptu/gbtu??

Thankyou [MENTION=9301]saloni[/MENTION] ...that was quite helpful..thanks a lot

i didnt give UPTU.
    Only AIEEE & JEE apart from other foreign exams.

another question i wanted to ask regarding Jaypee is that they have 3 campuses .. is the level of teaching and facilities provided at each campus the same ?
    like doing CSE from a particular Jaypee wouldnt really matter ?

Thanks
    Mogs
    :My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
    :Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
    Thankyou [MENTION=9301]saloni[/MENTION] ...that was quite helpful..thanks a lot

i didnt give UPTU.
    Only AIEEE & JEE apart from other foreign exams.

another question i wanted to ask regarding Jaypee is that they have 3 campuses .. is the level of teaching and facilities provided at each campus the same ?
    like doing CSE from a particular Jaypee wouldnt really matter ?

Thanks
    Well, it matters.....

Sec-62 Jaypee is the best in terms of students, faculty and brand!

[MENTION=9301]saloni[/MENTION] , thanks a lot once again..

i got 16000 in AIEEE (AIR) ....n i want only Computer Science Engg.
    guess i'll get into Jaypee.
    Mogs
    :My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Can you tell me the cutoffs of jaypee noida ?

For all the four branches . opening and closing branches . Also of all Dual degrees too .

[MENTION=9301]saloni[/MENTION], i meant to ask about their other campuses in Solan (Himachal Pradesh) n one in Madhya Pradesh.. ??
    Mogs

Quote Originally Posted by Dtuguy View Post
    Can you tell me the cutoffs of jaypee noida ?

For all the four branches . opening and closing branches . Also of all Dual degrees too .
    Which campus in Noida? Sec 62 or 128?

Quote Originally Posted by saloni View Post
    Which campus in Noida? Sec 62 or 128?
    Both please .

CS ECE IT and dual courses . General Category

Quote Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
    [MENTION=9301]saloni[/MENTION], i meant to ask about their other campuses in Solan (Himachal Pradesh) n one in Madhya Pradesh.. ??
    HAve no idea about Solan & MP....Will try to find out and give u soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dtuguy View Post
    Both please .

CS ECE IT and dual courses . General Category
    All India Ranking in AIEEE 2010-11@
    Sector-62 Sector-128
    (aa) ECE 38376 126639
    (ab) CSE 42612 132067
    (ac) IT 69268
    (ad) Biotechnology 112996*
    (ae) 5 Yr Dual Degree
    Programme B. Tech-M.Tech (CSE) 78509
    (ag) 5 Yr Dual Degree
    Programme B. Tech-M. Tech ( Biotech) 113904

Thank you . Helps

Quote Originally Posted by saloni View Post
    HAve no idea about Solan & MP....Will try to find out and give u soon!
    Thanks a lot

Please reply ASAP....
    Mogs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast