This is a thread for VIT Vellore 2011 Admissions, Cutoffs , Click here for VIT Vellore 2012 Admissions, Cutoffs
Engineering Programmes in VIT:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engg.
- Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Electrical & Electronics Engg.
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Chemical Process Engg)
- Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Energy Engg)
- Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Automotive Engg)
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB)
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST and Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh
- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Biotechnology & Biomedical Engineering programmes
- Advertisement given regarding issue of application forms, important dates etc., in all leading newspapers all over India and notified in the VIT website.
- Applications can be obtained from selected Post Offices / may be obtained by post from VIT.
- Entrance exam conducted in major cities all over India.
- Publication of results in leading websites.
- Call for counselling in batches and allotment of branches on the basis of the rank.
VIT 2011 Fee Structure:
Tuition Fee (Per Annum): Rs. 79,000 *
Special Fees (Inclusive of examination fee, library fee & etc.) [per annum]: Rs. 16,000
Total Fee (Per Annum): Rs. 95,000 (After Concession )
* One time payment of admission fee Rs. 10000 and caution deposit (Refundable) Rs. 3000 will be extra.
VIT 2009 & 2010 passout batches placement record:
Branch-wise Placement details:
Name of Branch | No of placed
1 B.Tech (CSE) -- 269
2 B.Tech (IT) -- 176
3 B.Tech (ECE) -- 270
4 B.Tech (EEE) -- 132
5 B.Tech (E&I) -- 63
5 B.Tech (Mechanical & Energy) -- 27
6 B.Tech (Bioinformatics) -- 46
7 B.Tech (Biotechnology) -- 108
8 B.Tech (Mechanical) -- 142
9 B.Tech (Chemical) -- 25
10 B.Tech (Civil) -- 9
I request all the seniors out here to take this thread forward and answer all the queries that come along!
- IT BHU 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- MIT Pune Admissions 2011 | Cut Offs, Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- BIT Mesra 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- NIT Warangal 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion
- IIT Kanpur 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion