Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIT 2011 Admissions | Cut Offs,Rank,Placement,Fees,Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 VIT 2011 Admissions | Cut Offs,Rank,Placement,Fees,Procedures Discussion

This is a thread for VIT Vellore 2011 Admissions, Cutoffs , Click here for VIT Vellore 2012 Admissions, Cutoffs
    http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...tels-Placement

Engineering Programmes in VIT:

• Bioinformatics
    • Biomedical Engineering
    • Biotechnology
    • Civil Engineering
    • Computer Science & Engg.
    • Electronics & Communication Engg.
    • Electrical & Electronics Engg.
    • Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.
    • Information Technology
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Chemical Process Engg)
    • Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Energy Engg)
    • Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Automotive Engg)

Eligibility Criteria:

• A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB)
    • A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST and Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh

• Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes
    • Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Biotechnology & Biomedical Engineering programmes

Admission Procedure:

• Advertisement given regarding issue of application forms, important dates etc., in all leading newspapers all over India and notified in the VIT website.
    • Applications can be obtained from selected Post Offices / may be obtained by post from VIT.
    • Entrance exam conducted in major cities all over India.
    • Publication of results in leading websites.
    • Call for counselling in batches and allotment of branches on the basis of the rank.

VIT 2011 Fee Structure:

Tuition Fee (Per Annum): Rs. 79,000 *
    Special Fees (Inclusive of examination fee, library fee & etc.) [per annum]: Rs. 16,000
    Total Fee (Per Annum): Rs. 95,000 (After Concession )

* One time payment of admission fee Rs. 10000 and caution deposit (Refundable) Rs. 3000 will be extra.

VIT 2009 & 2010 passout batches placement record:

Branch-wise Placement details:

Name of Branch
    | No of placed
    1 B.Tech (CSE) -- 269
    2 B.Tech (IT) -- 176
    3 B.Tech (ECE) -- 270
    4 B.Tech (EEE) -- 132
    5 B.Tech (E&I) -- 63
    5 B.Tech (Mechanical & Energy) -- 27
    6 B.Tech (Bioinformatics) -- 46
    7 B.Tech (Biotechnology) -- 108
    8 B.Tech (Mechanical) -- 142
    9 B.Tech (Chemical) -- 25
    10 B.Tech (Civil) -- 9

I request all the seniors out here to take this thread forward and answer all the queries that come along!

Last edited by faadoo.nitika; 9th May 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Favorite 32 VIT Placements

Hi,

What was the average placement for Comp Sc branch?

What was the highest and lowest package? and which companies visited campus?
    :Mauridia_02::Mauridia_02:

Hi Seniors,

can somebody please let me know the cutoffs for various branches?? i am really tensed...have got 31218 rank....will i manage to get nay branch??

VITEEE 2011 cutoffs

Hey Saloni,

You ll get some branch definitely......Dont Worry.....:ghz_01:

Also anyone who has rank below 1,00,000 is eligible for management quota admission.....hope this answers your query.....
    :d_happy_tired:

VITEEE 2011 Cut-offs

Quote Originally Posted by dhruvkan View Post
    Hey Saloni,

You ll get some branch definitely......Dont Worry.....:ghz_01:

Also anyone who has rank below 1,00,000 is eligible for management quota admission.....hope this answers your query.....:d_happy_tired:
    Thanks for the prompt reply Dhruv

Do you happen to know how many people gave VITEEE 2011??

Approx 1.6 lakh students gave the exam this year....

VIT Placements

Hey Dhruv,

Can u pls answer my query as well?? :d_happy_tired::Mauridia_02:

Thanks in advance....:Laie_35:

Quote Originally Posted by surajp View Post
    Hey Dhruv,

Can u pls answer my query as well?? :d_happy_tired::Mauridia_02:

Thanks in advance....:Laie_35:
    Hi Suraj,

Companies like Intel, Amazon, Cisco, De Shaw, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle, Google, KLA Tencor, Dolcera have recruited VIT students with packages of more than Rs.7, 00,000 per annum. There are few IT companies that offer more than 4 lakhs per annum package and also VIT has created 2 Limca Book of Records - Once when TCS hired around 1075 students from a single batch and then Cognizant beat it by hiring 1600+ students!!!

So dont worry....there are a lot of easy placements in VIT!!!:tatice_06::tatice_06:

my viteee rank is 10999. which branch am i assured? is there any chance of geting mech?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sultimate View Post
    my viteee rank is 10999. which branch am i assured? is there any chance of geting mech?
    [MENTION=6364]sultimate[/MENTION] - you have a decent chance of securing a seat in Mechanical Engineering. In fact you will get a seat in most of other branches than CSE, ECE & IT. Have a look at this rank estimate from previous year--

1. Rank < 5000 : The branch of your choice

2. Rank < 7000 : On the borderline for CS,ECE

3. Rank < 10000 : Electrical, EEE, Chemical, Mechanical, etc for sure.

4. Rank < 13000 : Lower branches but in the second counseling.

So chillax, you will get a seat in VIT.

All the best!

Favorite 32 The REAL Truth about VIT Vellore

THINK BEFORE YOU JOIN VIT!! FACTS TO KNOW BEFORE GOING FOR VIT COUNSELLING.

Hello guys.I am Arnab Rastogi,a FIRST year student of Computer Engineering in VIT, Vellore.Since I too got entangled in the Flashy advertisement made by VIT,I took admission there @ completely ruined my carreer.Since the admissions to it are on now I wanted to tell you all, some facts about VIT-THE REAL STORY OF VIT.Please consider this coz I dont want any fresh talent to get wasted like me @ my batchmates...

I had got AIR around 25000 in aieee 2009, and around 8500 in VITEEE 2009.I had gone through the pretty alluring "Violet coloured" booklet of VIT which claimed VIT to be among top 10 colleges of India ahead of institutes like NITs,IIITs,ISM,DCE,private institutes like DAIICT,Thapar,MIT,PDPU,JNU,etc...I was eligible to many of the good NITs,DAIICT,Thapar coz i belonged to OBC category...But since 'Books are mistakenly considerd good by looking at its cover', I and my batchmates too made the same mistake @ now only we know how big price we are paying for it!!

Nearly all the claims of VIT will be proved 'cleverly said in the brochure' after you take admission here..I GUARANTEE FOR THIS...

1st claim- 'VIT is NAAC recognised'---- actually VIT is blacklisted by Mr.Kapil Sibal,education minister of India because of fraud norms @ claims set up by the VIT's management.You can check yourself by browsing through google.NAAC @ AICTE has kept VIT under consideration along with institutes like SRM,Symbiosis etc..NAAC had earlier kept VIT under A grade consideration,but never has confirmed it..

2nd claim- "VIT is in top 10 universities of India"...HAHAHAH..what a bad joke..!!!
    If this was true how is it possible for a university to be ranked 10th by India today @ 43rd by an equally popular magazine Outlook???Check the faculty profile of NITs, DAIICT,Thapar,many government colleges under aieee and then VIT..you yourself will know it!!!VIT only has a big campus area @ nothing else....Its like a gold ring in a pig's pout..sorry for my language but it's true..Actually VIT had heavily bribed the magazine India Today to get it anyhow within top 10...

3rd claim- "VIT has excellent placement"
    Many of the students from damn rich families come here just to 'enjoy teenage life' through NRI/Management Quota....the are the biggest spoilers!!many students get very low packages because they are unable to concentrate on their studies here@ also due to lack of research work here...last year's average package was only 2.5 to 3 with highest going 7...If the package would really have been so good why had then VIT not exactly mentioned the clear data under 'MANDATORY DISCLOSURE' or in the 'PLACEMENT' tab like other good colleges..think yourself!!!Even here is the partiality done among north @ south students....Last year good NITs @ even small private colleges coming under aieee had better placements than VIT....

4th claim- "VIT has excellent international collaboration"
    This is the most cunning claim of VIT!!! In reality,only few students who have lots @lots of money are eligible to go to foriegn countries just as a 'picnic' tour...Only few foreign teachers come here @ that too 4 a day or two...VIT claims them to be professors from big universities...but here too most of us VITians have doubt!!!

5th claim- "VIT has excellent extra-curricular activites"

F***** ****..VIT definately has courts without coaches but even though we are very rarely allowed to play in all of the courts due to some nonsense "disciplinary measures"..In basketball only, 1 court is used for 2555 students of engineering!!!!Players are given college uniforms @ are made to play just for the sake of clicking snaps for brochures @ magazines!!!

6th claim- " VIT has a lot of research work"
    Only professors are allowed mostly in the labs @ we are entitled to be "rare visitors"..VIT has nothing in the name of research...Just 1 or two per branch...no funds are given by the government since its a private university @ the funds of VIT are used for expanding its buissness,building up of marketting strategies including lots of advertisements in papers,news @ definately for bribing magazines @ sites for pulling up VIT's rank in the university rankings....

These are only some of the facts about VIT..I have no personal enemity with any person related to VIT or students taking admission in it..But we thought the way we were duped should never happen with any one else..Truth has to be told true...You can't make false stament look true just by decorating the lies...
    Besides all the claims made by VIT, there are also certain issues which can not be openly discussed in a public site...Issues like drugs,Teen pregnencies,ragging,regionalism also do crop up here..AND FORGET ABOUT GOOD PLACEMENTS HERE..I wanted to display my real name @ contact here for references but I was not advised so by my seniors at VIT coz i might have problems here in VIT..after all I will have to pass my 3 years here...

GUYS PLEASE DO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION IF YOU ARE GOING FOR THE ONGOING COUNSELLING AT VIT....

THERE ARE MANY MANY GOOD OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO YOU OTHER THAN THIS UNIVERSITY...

@Admins- I request you all to please not delete this thread. Thanks
    Arnab

Hey Sultimate,

There is a 15% chance that you might get Mechanical in the first round of counseling.....As oer last 3 years experience, i guess you have a 75% chance of getting Mechanical in the second round of admission! So dont worry
    :Laie_58:

I got 13609 rank in vit do you think I can get any branch other than bio branches in vellore campus either in the first or second counseling ... What are my chances to get in the first counseling ... Plz reply because I am very tensed ...
    Last edited by pruthvi123; 10th May 2011 at 09:06 AM.

Favorite 32

Quote Originally Posted by pruthvi123 View Post
    I got 13609 rank in vit do you think I can get any branch other than bio branches in vellore campus either in the first or second counseling ... What are my chances to get in the first counseling ... Plz reply because I am very tensed ...
    Hi Pruthvi,

To be honest, your chances to get a branch in the first round of counseling are bleak. In the second round, if are very lucky you might get Chemical or Mechanical but chances dont look very bright.
    :Mauridia_02:

But dont be disheartened...why dont you try in Mgmt quota. Also, how much are you expecting in AIEEE?

Thank u dhruv ... but can I get civil or electrical ....?? And could u please tell me how biotech at vit will be because the placements are very good in tht branch at vit ...also should I have to pay the full amount in management quota if I want to get any other branch ..??
    Last edited by pruthvi123; 10th May 2011 at 11:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast