Facebook Finally Introduces a Way to Stop auto playing video
Facebook has introduced a step to stop the auto-playing videos in the users news feed.
Auto playing video feature introduced by the facebook is the most hated by the users and is listed among the most annoying features added by the facebook, even though it might be a paradise for the advertisers as it helped them to earn much.
Here are the steps to stop the auto run videos.
For desktop browser:
- Log in to your Facebook account and click the arrow button on the top right corner.
- Select 'Settings'. A new page will open with a list of sections on the left.
- Select 'Videos' at the bottom of the list.
- In video settings, go to 'Auto-Play Videos'. You'll see that Facebook has turned this feature 'On' as default. Turn it 'Off' to stop videos from auto playing.
For Android devices:
- Open Facebook on your mobile, and press the Hamburger icon on the top right corner of your screen. For those who don't know, it's the button with three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down to select 'App Settings.'
- A list of options will open up. Select 'Video Auto-Play' in General Settings.
- Select settings according to your convenience. Options are available to auto-play all, auto-play only on Wi-Fi, or not at all.
- Open the 'Settings' app in your iPhone/iPad and scroll down to 'Facebook'.
- In 'Facebook', select 'Settings' and open 'Video Settings'
- Under Auto-play, three options will pop up — Off, On, and Wi-Fi only. Select according to your preference.
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.