You can now Install Android M on your SmartPhone
(Image by Rob Bulmahn, www.flickr.com)
Google has revealed the latest version of Android operating system Android M on it developer's conference Google I/O. The software giant has also revealed some of the most appealing features of the operating system and also said that the android version is the improvement of the previous version of the Android Lollipop.
One of the most important feature of Android M is that the OS will have the ability to turn microSD card storage into system memory.
Here we are giving you the steps to install Android M to your decive. But it should be noted that as for now the Operating System can only be installed on Google Nexus 5, Google Nexus 6, Google Nexus 9, and GoogleNexus Player. It is highly recommended that you read all the compability and terms and condition of the operating sytstem which is avialable on the official site. And you create a back-up of your current operating system as installing Android M will completely erase all your data.
The following steps will guide you to install Android M
1. Download latest Android Studio Preview and Fastboot programmes,on your Windows computer. Choose appropriate Android M installer for your device and save it.
2. Extract the contents of the downloaded Android M file to a new folder then copy the extracted files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
3. On your Nexus Phone Setting < AboutPhone < tap on Build Number seven times. Doing this will unlock the Developer Options menu. Open Developer Options and enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock.
4. Connect your device to PC and download the Google USB Driver. Then extract the contents of the Zip file to a safe place.
5. Go to Start < Devices < Printers right-click on your phone or tablet and choose Properties.
6. Open the Hardware tab,under Device Functions, click on Properties. And update the driver; pointing Windows to the Google USB driver you've just downloaded. A prompt will appear on your device's screen to 'Allow USB debugging'; tick the box to 'Always allow from this computer', then press Ok.
7. Now launch Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Type adb reboot-bootloader and hit Enter. This will boot your device into Fastboot mode.
8. You will now need to scan the information on the device screen for LOCK STATE. If this reports that the phone is unlocked move then you can proceed to next step; if it is locked, in ADB type fastboot oem unlock and hit Enter. Use the volume button on your phone or tablet to select Yes, then use the Power button to confirm your choice.
9. Type flash-all and hit Enter. After rebooting your phone you'll be greeted with Android M. If incase you got error message dont be panic it is because the update was not complete and system.img file is missing.
10. Go back to the files where you have extracted and that would be the second step. Within those files is another Zip file, and it's in here that you'll find the missing system.img file. Extract this Zip file, then copy its contents into C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
11. You will need to manually install each file. In Minimal ADB and Fastboot entered the following commands
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-shamu-moto-apq8084-71.11.img [this is for the Nexus 6 - the filename here will differ for the Nexus 5, 9 and Player]
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot flash system system.img
After rebooting your device will show Android M.
You can add us to your circle on Google+, follow us on Twitter, join the photo community on Pinterest, or like our Facebook page to keep updated on all the latest news.